DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Scrubs - 11/13 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/329908-scrubs-11-13-a.html)

j123vt_99 11-13-03 08:33 PM

Scrubs - 11/13

What is the brother from? He looks real familar?

movieking 11-13-03 09:05 PM

I didn't think there was an Scrubs on tonight? The brother is played by Tom Cavanaugh from Ed...

movieking 11-13-03 09:08 PM

Damn it...I will have to catch it later. From what I read, Carla's brother is played by the guy from Six Feet Under (can't remember his name now)...

j123vt_99 11-13-03 09:08 PM

bingo.. that's it

B.A. 11-13-03 09:18 PM

The best part of the show was at the end when Turk let Marco know that he has his own language, too.

"Fo' shizzle..." :lol:

and Tara Reid still can't act.

huzefa 11-13-03 10:40 PM

Carla's brother cold-cocking Turk was frickin hilarious! :lol:

Exzavier00 11-13-03 10:47 PM

todd humping the bed
rotfl

Static Cling 11-13-03 11:54 PM

Originally posted by movieking
Damn it...I will have to catch it later. From what I read, Carla's brother is played by the guy from Six Feet Under (can't remember his name now)...
Freddy Rodriguez, I think. It was cool seeing him play a totally different character in a totally different role. On the episodes of 6FU that I've seen, everyone walks around with a cloud over them.

Best-part-of-the-show-(or-even-series)-for-me: "Inner monologue? Weirdo."

How can you have The Todd and not have any high-five variations? That's a Scrubs sin. Although I doubt anything could top "sterile five!"

JD "rebelling" against Dr. Cox felt like it came out of nowhere. First he was repeating everything he said, and then the next minute, he was saying that he was too busy to take care of his special patient. Did I miss something?

And a pancake drawer is gross, but funny as hell.

Kal-El 11-14-03 12:43 AM

This show just knocks it out of the ballpark every freaking week. JD's and Elliot's chemistry is fun to watch.

MrX 11-14-03 01:45 AM

"I don't wanna be a doctor":lol:

This was the best Dr. Cox has been all season. His scene's with Kelso were great.

The Janitor speaking Spanish:lol:

ENDContra 11-14-03 03:41 AM

As dumb as it was, I thought the "Why is there a pancake in the silverware drawer?" "No, its why is there silverware in the pancake drawer?" was hilarious...Im still laughing :)

shadowhawk2020 11-14-03 06:42 AM

"Captain Kangaroo, thats wierd."

Funniest episode of the season.

Shadow

elias 11-14-03 06:52 AM

This show always nails the little things.

When Kelso is asking J.D. about how he would want his grandmother treated were she in the hospital J.D. replies: Are we taling about Grandma Dorian or Nana ?. Because Nana is a little bit racist.

Later in the show Turk says he hasn't had a black eye this bad since J.D.'s Nana hit him with a rock on Thanksgiving. J.D. says (and I paraphrase) "She thought you were robbing the place".

Funny stuff.

Static Cling 11-14-03 07:00 AM

I totally missed the connection between Racist Nana and "She thought you were robbing the place" (although the second joke was still funny without it). :lol:

huzefa 11-14-03 08:00 AM

Kelso: What if it was your grandma lying there? (or something like that)
J.D.: Are you talking about Grandma Dorian or Nana Hobbs? 'Cuz you know Nana Hobbs is just an eensy bit racist.
Kelso: Grandma Dorian.
J.D.: She's dead.

:lol:

Patman 11-14-03 08:12 AM

The opening 5 minutes of this show had me laughing more than all of the comedies combined I've watched this month.

Frederico (from Six Feet Under) was hilarious. Todd was extremely funny. JD was on his game. Cox and Kelso's banter was great.

The "Danni" as Jordan's sister was set up brilliantly. I never saw it coming, and BOOM! I was laughing even harder at the revelation and what it'll mean to JD.

Roto 11-14-03 09:59 AM

Originally posted by Static Cling

That was my favorite line too. They've been setting that one up for two years :lol:

Wasn't interested in Tara Reid's character, but I'm for anything that might help the ratings. Scrubs isn't in iany danger of being cancelled, but it still doesn't get enough respect by NBC. By all rights, it should be their #1 sitcom next season.

Kal-El 11-14-03 10:12 AM

Originally posted by Static Cling

I actually liked the part right before it, when he told Danny, "excuse me" or something like that just to finish the "inner monologue".

B.A. 11-14-03 10:46 AM

Originally posted by Patman
The "Danni" as Jordan's sister was set up brilliantly. I never saw it coming, and BOOM! I was laughing even harder at the revelation and what it'll mean to JD.
That was the only good part of having Tara Reid on the show, besides J.D.'s reaction to her inner monologue.

breaux124 11-14-03 12:36 PM

The part where JD's thinking about how mad Danni's going to be cause it was his fault that Cox stayed over night.

She's going to give him the stink eye and tear his nipples off. He grabs his chest and says "I wouldn't let her hurt you guys" That made me laugh so hard.

The great thing about scrubs is that you can watch it a second time and everything is still pretty funny.

huzefa 11-14-03 12:59 PM

Originally posted by breaux124

The great thing about scrubs is that you can watch it a second time and everything is still pretty funny.

Very true. I watched it a second time right after it aired.

shadowhawk2020 11-14-03 01:06 PM

Originally posted by huzefa
Very true. I watched it a second time right after it aired.

Me to, that way I can hear the jokes I missed because I was laughing so hard!

Shadow

MrBob 11-14-03 02:10 PM

Scrubs is the funniest show on TV right now. I the the subtle jokes they have.

My favorite part had to be in the cafe where turk was pretending not to watch Carla and her brother. Her brother tells carla to say something, and then he'll start laughing and looking at turk so it looks like they are making fun of him.

tycho55 11-14-03 04:21 PM

"Dr. Kelso, I can explain my unusually high patient mortality rate!"

movieking 11-14-03 05:04 PM

"You know that picture of us at the beach where I actually look good and you think that you look like Bjork?"

"Yeah"

:rotfl:

"I'm Gonna Miss You"

"I'm Gonna Miss You Too"

"Dude, we just met...I was kidding"

"I was doing the same thing"

:rotfl: