Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor 7: 11/13/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 7: 11/13/03

Old 11-14-03, 08:20 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also found Ryans comments after getting booted off, commenting about how the old tribal alliances booted him off, when if fact it was everyone else who voted for him.
Old 11-14-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Darrah, please do not talk again...
Old 11-14-03, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'd really like to know if there was any strategy involved in the coconut game because I clearly didn't see any being utilized.
Old 11-14-03, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The main thing was to target Ryno from getting immunity.
Old 11-14-03, 10:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 194 Likes on 159 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
Darrah, please do not talk again...
Yep, she's cute...then she opens her mouth.
Old 11-14-03, 11:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I love watching Durrah talk. It's friggin hysterical.

BTW, before the season Jeff said that there was some big "lie" that threw everyone for a loop. I don't want anything resembling a spoiler but I'm only curious: Has it happened already? Was it something anti-climactic like the Outcasts being voted back in or is something KEERAZZEE still gonna happen?
Old 11-14-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by Patman
The main thing was to target Ryno from getting immunity.
And if I remember correctly, the girls of Morgan started by both voting for Ryan. It seems his fate was sealed well before the challenge.
Old 11-14-03, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by buskerdog
BTW, before the season Jeff said that there was some big "lie" that threw everyone for a loop. I don't want anything resembling a spoiler but I'm only curious: Has it happened already? Was it something anti-climactic like the Outcasts being voted back in or is something KEERAZZEE still gonna happen?
I believe that as of the Outcast challenge episode (Osten quits/Shawn voted out), Jeff noted in an interview that it had not yet happened.
Old 11-14-03, 11:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Exxxcccceeellllent... (as I rub my hands together sinisterely)
Old 11-14-03, 11:27 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by SunMonkey
And if I remember correctly, the girls of Morgan started by both voting for Ryan. It seems his fate was sealed well before the challenge.
That's correct. He played a good, decent game. Ryan deserved to go further.
Old 11-14-03, 11:49 AM
DVD Talk Hero

The Morgan girls knew how the wind was blowing, and instead of giving the Drake folks any reason to target them out of spite, Darrah and Tijuana just went with the crowd because the votes to boot Ryno were already secured. It was a stratetic vote by the Morgan girls to vote with the mob at that point. I doubt Ryno is going to hold it against them because it's just an attempt to not give others reasons to cast a vote against them next time around.
Old 11-14-03, 11:54 AM

Does anybody know what ******* Jon wrote at the bottom of his vote for Ryan O? I only caught a glimpse of it, but it looked like there was some sort of editorial comment at the bottom.

I am reasonably sure Jeff doesn't like Jon at all, so we did not see his "ballot" broadcast at Tribal Council. I wonder what kind of stupidass remark was there...
Old 11-14-03, 11:57 AM

I have to agree with others who thought the Immunity Challenge was a bunch of crap. I think that from this point, Immunity Challenges should be won because of an individual effort--not a group deciding someone else's fate. Whoever is next on the chopping block should have a fair chance to save themself with immunity.

At this point, I really don't know who I want to win. I usually end up rooting for who I perceive to be the best strategist (Rupert? Burton?). It's hard to say who is cleverly deceiving people and who is being deceived. I think they are really editing the hell out of this season.
Old 11-14-03, 11:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I can't imagine that jackass clown, Jon, had any chance as a wrestler.
Old 11-14-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Survivor has been using this Immunity challenge for many of their seasons. Again, the purpose of this challenge is to expose the pecking order of the tribe, and then to make the tribe members think about their place in the tribe, and what they can do to improve their position within the tribe (in terms of how to survivor another tribal council).
Old 11-14-03, 12:10 PM

ChemDoc: I assume it was a reference to the wrestler Rhyno. I think it read, "Gore, gore, gore" which is what his fans chant.

Also, I love, LOVE how they've shown Darrah speaking literally ONE TIME in each of the last 2 episodes. Using that logic, once she starts getting more camera time (after she loses yet another immunity challenge), she'll get booted.
Old 11-14-03, 12:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by big whoppa
That's correct. He played a good, decent game. Ryan deserved to go further.
Agreed - I was dissapointed to see him voted out last night... I thought he would go a lot further...

Oh well, at least he can go back to his old job - Damon Albarn from Blur...

Old 11-14-03, 12:35 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm guessing they had hours of people sitting around going over all the possible voting scenarios, and just picked together all the parts where people go over the possibility of voting for Rupert. Also, it's possible that some of them are just testing the waters to see who's willing to turn on their alliance, in the guise of breaking their alliance to Rupert.

Sandra and Krista... it makes NO sense for them to truly want Rupert off, unless they're trying to avoid being targets themselves. Otherwise they're a lock for the top three. And Rupert is strong, immunity-wise, but his intentions are pretty clear. Burton is the one I'd be worried about... he's double and triple dealing already. Johnny Fairplay is a snake too, but everyone knows that. As for the women... the two Morgan gals seem to be lost sheep looking for an alliance to follow, Krista and Sandra are Rupert's liutenants, and Lil is Burton's pawn. Unless they all band together I can't see any of them winning in a strategy vote against any of the men.
Old 11-14-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I fear that Jon will be the Clay of this Survivor season. Jon is the pretty much the guy you want to be next to in a vote at the end.
Old 11-14-03, 01:08 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Christa and Sandra are stupid to want to vote Rupert off. Without Rupert, the two of them are gone so fast, with Rupert they have the best chance of making it to the final 3.

The Rupert syndicate needs to get John, Burton, Darrah then TJ off in that order - maybe Burton then John - in order for them to last.
Old 11-14-03, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Go Rupert
Old 11-14-03, 06:25 PM

They can't Rupert off yet , because he's their main source of food and there are too many days still left. Rupert is playing the "Richard Hatch" card
Old 11-14-03, 11:32 PM

Originally posted by Catch 21
They can't Rupert off yet , because he's their main source of food and there are too many days still left. Rupert is playing the "Richard Hatch" card
Not only that, but half of the tribe (the Morgans) is so damn lazy that no one would bother trying to catch food. I just loved Darra's comments at tribal council about not wanting to be told when to do something. puhleeze! Obviously that strategy didn't work for the Morgan tribe since they kept LOSING so why keep it up after the merge?

Old 11-14-03, 11:34 PM

Originally posted by cheapskate
Agreed - I was dissapointed to see him voted out last night... I thought he would go a lot further...

Oh well, at least he can go back to his old job - Damon Albarn from Blur...

Old 11-15-03, 01:15 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
for the most part, this episode must have been really edited towards the image that rupert was the enemy and the plots of those were put in. everyone was pretty much mentioned atleast once. I would assume that they just kept those in to mislead this. either way, it might not look good for rupert come next week...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.