Reload this Page >

"24" Day 3: 3:00pm-4:00pm

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-11-03, 09:06 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well crap. Of all the people they had to pull a twist on, why Tony? He's a good character!!!

Pretty good episode. The spoiler from last week's preview turned out to be a non-event. They did telegraph that something might happen to Tony but overall I wasn't disappointed... except for the fact that
Spoiler:
HE FREAKIN' GOT SHOT!!!
Old 11-11-03, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 157 Likes on 119 Posts
That was suprising and I'm not happy with it at all.
Spoiler:
Tony is one of my favorite characters.
Old 11-11-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
Now, this is the 24 I have grown to love.

from
Spoiler:
The supposed release of the disease, not only did they have the airborne camera shot they added to the tension by having mom flush it all. Excellent. And Tony being shot. Wow.

Good good stuff. Palmer's plot is pretty dull so far. And for god's sake just let Jack shoot up once. I think it would be a great character arc. Not just the teasing they are doing now.
Old 11-11-03, 09:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

yeah it was a pretty cool ending. next week's
Spoiler:
scene with chase and salazar looks pretty sweet too.

Last edited by kevin75; 11-12-03 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-11-03, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Kevin, those of us who don't watch the previews curse you, and your unborn children, to the seventh generation.
Old 11-11-03, 10:02 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,352 Likes on 917 Posts
wow, that was unexpected. Didn't see that one coming. If there's one thing this show is great for, it's misdirection and having the balls to shoot a main character in the head.

notice how they don't show
Spoiler:
anything about Tony in next week's preview?
They are gonna keep us guessing.
Old 11-11-03, 10:03 PM

Received 89 Likes on 75 Posts
Good episode tonight. I just wish Almeda didn't get shot.
Old 11-11-03, 10:13 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Excellent episode! Remember how fast Tony recovered from his injury last season, hopefully it will be faster today! Haha!

Also, I watched the show with closed captioning on, and there was a bunch of dialogue that was written in the captions but not spoken on the show.
Old 11-11-03, 10:27 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 671 Likes on 415 Posts
Just a thought: if I were Director of CTU, I'd never leave the office during a crisis. You either get shot or terminally irradiated, and all things considered I'd rather stay home and shovel pie down my gullet.
Old 11-11-03, 10:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 242 Likes on 183 Posts
Great episode.

They foreshadowed Tony getting shot when Chase was talking about him not being field trained.

Glad they pulled a swerve with the powder not having the virus.

I agree about the Palmer story being boring so far.

Andrea Thompson looks like she's aged 15 years since she left NYPD Blue
Old 11-11-03, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
surprising? this episode was anything BUT...

I guess since Kim isn't running around being chased by cougars, they have to spread the stupid around..?

disappointing..
Old 11-11-03, 11:07 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Someone at TV Guide is keeping an eye on those pesky little promos...of course we've all seen the "twist"...
OH NO SHE DIDN'T:
Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times? Shame on... um, er — just plain shame!

Fox entertainment president Gail Berman has once again broken her promise to 24 fans to refrain from airing promos that give away pivotal plot twists. Her latest act of defiance came at the end of last Tuesday's episode, when the commercial teasing tonight's installment showed the contaminated cocaine getting flushed down the toilet, prompting Jack ( Kiefer Sutherland) to announce, "The virus is out!" A network rep insists that it's not Fox's goal to "reveal key plot points," but adds that "determining how to tease the next episode is always a challenge." Naturally, viewers are fuming. "What is the matter with Fox?" asks Kerry via e-mail. "Apparently, you need to harass [Gail Berman] about this some more!" I'm a step ahead of you, Kerr. I just reserved my spot at January's Television Critics Assoc. press tour. This time, it's personal. Mwhahaha. Mwhahahahahaha! Mwhahahahahahahaha!!!
Old 11-11-03, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,007 Likes on 800 Posts
the first half sucked.

Second half wasn't bad.
Old 11-11-03, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
If Tony goes, so do I. They've already taken George Mason, and if they take another beloved Season 1 character, then that's it!
Old 11-12-03, 01:57 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I nearly shit myself when Tony got shot... totally excellent... I love Tony, but this was a genuine surprise. 24 got it's grit back!

MATT
Old 11-12-03, 05:10 AM

Originally posted by Rogue588
Someone at TV Guide is keeping an eye on those pesky little promos...of course we've all seen the "twist"...
Yeah, but as it turns out, that's not the way the virus is going to get out...so it wasn't that big of a revelation in retrospect.

On antoher topic, did Tony get shot in the ear or the neck? At first I thought he just got grazed by the ear, but I thought I heard Jack say something about being hit in the neck.

And you know, Palmer agreeing to pay a guy off is going to come back and bite him...that kind of stuff ALWAYS gets out to the press!

Anyone still thing the mole at CTU really isn't a mole? I sure did after watching his reactions last night.
Old 11-12-03, 07:10 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Deftones
wow, that was unexpected. Didn't see that one coming. If there's one thing this show is great for, it's misdirection and having the balls to shoot a main character in the head.

notice how they don't show
Spoiler:
anything about Tony in next week's preview?
They are gonna keep us guessing.
I thought they said they shot him in the neck.
Old 11-12-03, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 141 Likes on 97 Posts
Well for all those people who wanted an oh sh$t moment, there you go. They shot Tony (in the neck, Jack yells that info to Andrea Thompson's character). I hope they don't kill him since I really do like the character.

Yes Palmer has been a tad boring lately but now that everything's starting to hit the fan, I anticipate him kicking it into high gear in the next couple episodes.

CTU Director's just should never leave the house. Not only has that unit had two moles in the last few years but they're also on the verge of losing two directors. I wonder do they put that in the job description?

Just a request/reminder: please put promo info in spoiler tags. I purposely turn to L&O SVU immediately following the last scene in 24 to avoid the stupid promos. Granted, according to the TV Guide article they threw us for a loop with how the virus gets loose (nice twist there) but this is one of the few shows that I don't want spoilers for.
Old 11-12-03, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 908 Likes on 643 Posts
NO SPOILERS. I don't watch the promos either. I also change the radio station when I hear the clock tick opening the commercial for the show.
Old 11-12-03, 07:50 AM

Gun Shot wound to the neck could mean Tony will end up paralyzed. It was a good sign though that Tony was moving his hand up to his neck after the shot. But I doubt it will be fatel. More then likely he will have some long term implications though.
Old 11-12-03, 07:57 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The CTU mole is overdone. Boo.

The Chase "grounded" subplot is somewhat dumb. Kim's lack of forethought gives the writers this "tension-builder".

All that blood coming out of Tony's neck was pretty gnarly. Hope he lives, but if he does, how soon will he be back in action? 4 hours?
Old 11-12-03, 08:07 AM

maybe they will have him work from the hospital bed like Denzel Washington in the Bone Collector
Old 11-12-03, 08:22 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
It looks like once again, despite REPEATED REQUESTS not to do so, people are spoiling next week's episodes. PLEASE do not post information from next week without putting it TAGS!!!

Good episode, though. A lot better than last week.
Old 11-12-03, 08:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Patman
[B]The CTU mole is overdone. Boo.

Yes, I agree. They did make it less of an issue this season by revealing it right away. It has been thrown at us in the past and it would be too much like "copying" from another season (to keep the "who's the mole" suspenseful).

But who knows, maybe there's another twist with this moley.
Old 11-12-03, 08:31 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
... I don't know I'm just not getting into this one as much as the previous two. I guess something that's missing a little bit of mystery. W/ the first season we really didn't know what was going on at all. W/ the second they built it up a little bit about whether the bomb was here/where was it/who had it/etc. This time they are front-loading it w/ a lot of info and a lot of excess junk IMHO (the whole drug addiction thing, the problems w/ Palmer's new fling, the Chase/Kim romance thing [is she even old enough to merit a job at CTU?]). On top of that the gimick has kind of lost it's appeal for me. It's just not drawing me in so far, atleast not as much as the previous season...

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.