Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

"24" Day 3: 3:00pm-4:00pm

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-03, 10:21 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I am starting to get the whole deja vu with this series. Another mole, another miss the guy by this much, another problem in the Palmer admin, another Jack getting completely across LA in 5 minutes. Hopefully the next few episodes will releive this, or improve upon it.
Old 11-13-03, 10:51 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Hey you never know Tony could have had a bad case of the runs and was stuck on the crapper for 10 minutes. They don't have to show EVERYTHING that is going on.

Old 11-13-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do theories need to have spoiler tags, if so where can I find instructions for putting them on.
Old 11-13-03, 07:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by funstan
Do theories need to have spoiler tags, if so where can I find instructions for putting them on.
read here to find out . and also i would also like to know about what is consitered a spoilerific theory and what is not.
Old 11-13-03, 07:22 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Rypro 525
read here to find out . and also i would also like to know about what is consitered a spoilerific theory and what is not.
Thanks, theory for 24

Spoiler:
The virus is in Jacks drugs, and it was planted by the new director of CTU, Michelle Dessler.
Old 11-13-03, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not bad funstan. I like your thinking.
Old 11-14-03, 06:42 AM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
there was our holy shit moment. proof that any character can survive in 24 land, remeber last year when Palmer's assistant was thrown from the stairs, she didn't die from that. so that makes me think that tony won't die somehow. it seems like everything in the promos happens in the first 30 minutes.
Am I the only one who is upset that the show has ignored everything that happened at the end of last season? What happened to Palmer's assistant that survived the fall? What happened to the Palmer's assistant who through the other assistant off the stairs? How did Palmer survive the attempt on his life? Who was behind that attempt? What about Jack's bad heart?

Give me a break... every crisis lasts exactly 24 hours? I had hoped they would have just continued right where it left off last season and dumped the '24' hours gimick.

Oh no, CTU has another mole! What, no background checks at CTU? And the guy just uses his cell phone to call the bad guys!

Yes, I'm still watching though...
Old 11-14-03, 08:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

I was thinking that too, because my wife hasn't finished season 2 yet, but it doesn't look like it matters. She could probably watch 3 with me since it has nothing to do with last season... so far anyway.
Old 11-14-03, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by I.Like.It
Give me a break... every crisis lasts exactly 24 hours? I had hoped they would have just continued right where it left off last season and dumped the '24' hours gimick.
I think it's pretty clear that they're showing every crisis doesn't last 24 hours... they just don't show the entire crisis. I saw Palmer's assassination attempt last season as an extension of the season 2 crisis, so it wasn't a case of the crisis just suspiciously ending on the 24th hour.

Oh no, CTU has another mole! What, no background checks at CTU? And the guy just uses his cell phone to call the bad guys!
I'm hoping:
1) he's a double agent, OR
2) the terrorists recruited him AFTER CTU hired him, so it wasn't a case of faulty background checks.
Old 11-14-03, 01:20 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by RickerOne
And then he rips off the mask he is wearing to reveal........a cougar!

Old 11-14-03, 01:29 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
quote CaptainMarvel:
I'm hoping:
1) he's a double agent, OR
2) the terrorists recruited him AFTER CTU hired him, so it wasn't a case of faulty background checks.

Even so you would think that the CTU would continue to check out their employees, as this is how most spies are created.
Old 11-14-03, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts
Does anyone else think this year is kinda weak? Seems like this year they left too much hanging from last years, and they are relying alot on shorter arc's in the whole 24 hours.

I'm still watching...(and buying)