Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Fear Factor.... Scam!! 11/9

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-03, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Fear Factor.... Scam!! 11/9

Joe Rogan told the guy doing the last stunt that he missed a flag!! So the guy went back and got it and won. This was a timed stunt. If he missed a flag it should have been up to HIM to find that out when he got to the end and the clock did not stop!!! Then go and get it.

I hate to say this but if the girl that lost wanted to sue for the 25,000 I would say she had a good case. I would side with her.
Old 11-11-03, 11:44 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I also thought Joe screwed the girl, too. he shouldn't have said anything.
Old 11-11-03, 11:45 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't watch the episode, but how is this different than every other show? Joe is constantly giving the competitors tips and commenting while they are doing stunts.
Old 11-11-03, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 71 Likes on 47 Posts
That's the main reason I do not watch the show. I really hate that the contestants can watch the others do it BEFORE they even go. Gives them a big advantage.
Old 11-11-03, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Morf
I didn't watch the episode, but how is this different than every other show? Joe is constantly giving the competitors tips and commenting while they are doing stunts.
No this was different, yeah he tells them to go faster, chew faster and can even say they missed a bug in a stunt that they have to eat them all to complete the stunt. But this time because it was a timed stunt and missing a flag would effect the time telling the person that they missed it was wrong.
Old 11-11-03, 12:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Yeah but maybe he could argue he didnt hear joe, with all his adrenaline running and all. He just happened to look over and saw it. He still beat her by a minute. Enough time to go get that flag.

Old 11-11-03, 01:09 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
but it seemed like he was going to skip the next flag as well. if joe wouldn't have yelled he might have went all the way around before realizing the flags.
Old 11-11-03, 02:09 PM
Suspended

one thing's for sure, that guy was a moron (albeit a newly rich one)
Old 11-11-03, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,725 Likes on 1,881 Posts
Originally posted by cdollaz
That's the main reason I do not watch the show. I really hate that the contestants can watch the others do it BEFORE they even go. Gives them a big advantage.
I also have a problem with that aspect as well.

In many of the stunts, the person who goes first is at a huge disadvantage, as they have to figure things out as they go along. The contestants who get to watch don't have to go through the same trial and error, as they learn for the first guy's mistakes.

Even in the "gross" stunts, the later contestants know how many bugs they have to eat in order to beat the ones who went before them.
Old 11-11-03, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 723 Likes on 528 Posts
Ok, so what if the guy went back and in his hurry to do so (since this is a timed event), had lost his footing or missed a hand hold and had fallen? I didn't think any big deal about it. Was it an edge? Maybe this time, because he did go back and grab it.. and almost missed another one, too. I've seen it where Joe calls out the time and people get in a rush to do it quicker and slip up.
Old 11-11-03, 06:51 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Josh-da-man
In many of the stunts, the person who goes first is at a huge disadvantage, as they have to figure things out as they go along. The contestants who get to watch don't have to go through the same trial and error, as they learn for the first guy's mistakes.
while this might be true for some of the stunts, it doesn't work for 'em all.

otherwise, there would've been more than one person able to get out of that body bag last nite..
Old 11-11-03, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally posted by Josh-da-man
I also have a problem with that aspect as well.

Even in the "gross" stunts, the later contestants know how many bugs they have to eat in order to beat the ones who went before them.
I think that to make things more fair, each contestant should have a practice round. I dunno.
Anyway, another thing I don't like is that the producers want to ensure that a woman will be in the final round.
First round usually - top two men and top two women.
Second round usually - top three finishers which will ensure at least one woman into the finals.

Still, this show is nowhere as manipulative and BOGUS as Survivor - i.e. outcasts somehow having ribbons to tie their sticks together for the escape from cage event.
Old 11-11-03, 09:24 PM
Banned

Someone has to go first and they draw straws for the order. It's completely fair. However, Joe shouldn't have been able to yell and tell the guy he missed a flag. Major mistrial there.
Old 11-11-03, 09:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 912 Likes on 647 Posts
Yes I would like a practice round of collecting hissing cockroaches in my mouth. I can get behind doing that twice.