Reload this Page >

CSI: Miami 11/10/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 11-11-03, 08:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Racing comes to Miami and one of the crew guys spontaneously combusts due to methanol. Pretty scary scenario, being burnt alive by invisible flames.

Lauren Holly shows up as the owner of one of the racing teams. "Jerry" from "Sex And The City" shows up as one of the race car drivers under suspicion.

Overall, it could have been better, but it wasn't bad. Horatio was still as pompous as ever.
Old 11-11-03, 09:33 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
H was still his old self, as you stated, so I liked it.

Funny to see Jerry do something outside of SATC.
Old 11-11-03, 12:50 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

meh

Not bad but not that good either. At least I didn't have to see Horatio trying to hook up with his sister-in-law again.

Calleigh
Old 11-11-03, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

For the record, this was the first episode of this show that was actually filmed in Miami.

I liked this episode.
Old 11-11-03, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah - I liked this one. Nice story.

Lauren Holly is definitely getting close to the point of hitting the wall. You can see the wrinkles developing. She still has a kick-ass body though. I will never forget over her during Picket Fences.
Old 11-12-03, 08:52 AM

Did you notice in the first few scenes when Calleigh was walking around in the tight wife beater that the crime scene tape was always directly covering her rack? I thought it was pretty amusing.
Old 11-12-03, 08:59 AM
DVD Talk Hero

How wide has Lauren Holly's butt gotten?
Old 11-12-03, 11:13 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by ChemDoc
Did you notice in the first few scenes when Calleigh was walking around in the tight wife beater that the crime scene tape was always directly covering her rack? I thought it was pretty amusing.
Oh yeah, I noticed it.
And my wife noticed me noticing it, and gave me an elbow in the ribs for it.
Old 11-12-03, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Her rack isn't all that impressive, but she got a good personality. HDTV is unforgiving in that she's got this weird discoloration on her right front tooth that can be a little distracting.
Old 11-12-03, 01:56 PM

Originally posted by Patman
HDTV is unforgiving in that she's got this weird discoloration on her right front tooth that can be a little distracting.
I'll be sure to keep an eye out for that in next week's episode.
Old 11-12-03, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Missed it... guess I'll have to catch the rerun.
Old 11-13-03, 01:02 AM

Man, does anyone else bust out laughing during this show? Caruso's over-acting is starting to rub off on the other actors. It's almost like they aren't even trying anymore.

The coroner cooing stuff like "Baby, you didn't know you was about to burn to a crisp, did you?" or Calleigh's flat exposition delivery of "You're smart putting the evidence in paint cans to protect the vapors." Blah, blah, blah

I just find myself laughing during this show. Uusally it was just at Horatio's silly lines but now I'm starting to laugh at the other characters as well.
Old 11-13-03, 07:40 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jadzia
Man, does anyone else bust out laughing during this show? Caruso's over-acting is starting to rub off on the other actors. It's almost like they aren't even trying anymore.

The coroner cooing stuff like "Baby, you didn't know you was about to burn to a crisp, did you?" or Calleigh's flat exposition delivery of "You're smart putting the evidence in paint cans to protect the vapors." Blah, blah, blah

I just find myself laughing during this show. Uusally it was just at Horatio's silly lines but now I'm starting to laugh at the other characters as well.
A buddy of mine said something along those lines: everybody seems "cocky" on this show even when they turn up to be on the wrong path. I don't get that impression with the Vegas version.

But, I agree with you: I'm silently laughing at the overacting too.
Old 11-13-03, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The coroner is the creepiest character I think I have ever seen. Her talking to the corpses and calling them all baby, sugar, honey, etc is so very very weird
Old 11-13-03, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Alex's been doing that from day one. She does creep me out in spots.
Old 11-13-03, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Red Dog
The coroner is the creepiest character I think I have ever seen. Her talking to the corpses and calling them all baby, sugar, honey, etc is so very very weird
Yeah, that continues to be creepy. And always annoying.
Old 11-13-03, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Red Dog

I think this is perfect for a coroner. I have talked with people associated with coroners, and everyone says that they are all twisted.

I have seen pics of a man that passed out on the train tracks and had his legs cut off. There are pics of members of the coroner's office with the legs placed under the lab coats dancing around the morgue. Sick, but freaking funning.
Old 11-13-03, 12:44 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Alex's been doing that from day one. She does creep me out in spots.
Yeah, I realize she has been doing it all along and it has always been kind of a "creepy/cute" character trait, but something about her line delivery of it in this episode seemed rather like a parody of itself. It was hard to explain, but It was almost as if I could tell the actress thinks the line is ridiculous and is hamming it up now on purpose.

I also noticed some really bad line readings from Calleigh and Speed and the other guy. It just seemed like everyone in this episode has finally come to the conclusion that the writing is bad and that Caruso is awful and they are just throwing in the towel. I've never noticed such bad acting by the supporting characters before this episode.

I loathe Horatio Caine with a passion--but somehow I have tolerated the show because of the CSI format and the rest of the characters not being bad. Lately though, I have started watching it as a comedy and enjoying it on a whole new level.

I still laugh everytime I think of Horatio's line a few weeks ago "I am the KING of fiber." Or last week, the guy dying impaled on a fence: "Whats's your name?...Martin?... Can I call you Marty?...Tell me Marty, is this your house???" So bad... I guess if the guy had been a child or unborn fetus, Horatio would have called for help right away.
Old 11-14-03, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Jadzia
I also noticed some really bad line readings from Calleigh and Speed and the other guy. It just seemed like everyone in this episode has finally come to the conclusion that the writing is bad and that Caruso is awful and they are just throwing in the towel. I've never noticed such bad acting by the supporting characters before this episode.
It's strange, in that all the things I used to hate about CSI:LV seem to have gone away from it, and moved to CSI:M. I always cringed at the ridiculous exposition of even the most mundane criminology facts (see the LV episode with the street racers with them talking about how superchargers/turbochargers work for example- people just don't talk like that) but they seem to have almost transferred all of that to Miami.

How can 2 shows that started from the same idea have diverged so much? Did all the bad writers from Vegas get sent off to do Miami scripts?

-jason
Old 11-14-03, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Sounds like CBS might be considering a CSI:NY for next season.

Wait a few years and TV will be wall-to-wall L&O and CSI.
Old 11-14-03, 10:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Actually, how about a CSI: Alaska? You'd have to merge CSI and Northern Exposure to make the show work.

Or better yet: CSI: Fargo
Old 11-14-03, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Legend

At least with a northern series we'll finally see how CSI handles looking for clues in snow.
Old 11-17-03, 06:17 PM

Originally posted by Chew
At least with a northern series we'll finally see how CSI handles looking for clues in snow.
You're forgetting the hockey rink epiosde of CSI:LV where they melt the snow/ice from the "I want to ride the Zamboni...yes I do".
Old 11-17-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
could be worse.
the less "reality" shows on tv the better

Originally posted by Chew
Sounds like CBS might be considering a CSI:NY for next season.

Wait a few years and TV will be wall-to-wall L&O and CSI.