DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Bad Omen for American Dreams (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/329098-bad-omen-american-dreams.html)

Red Dog 11-10-03 09:05 AM

Bad Omen for American Dreams

NBC has trimmed the order to 18 episodes.

Friday, November 7, 2003 - 8:54 AM
NBC Trims 'American Dreams' Order
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- NBC has rolled back its commitment to its sophomore drama "American Dreams" from 22 episodes to 18 this season.

"Dreams" has averaged 8.4 million viewers for its six broadcasts this season, off a significant 30% from its average through six airings last season (12.0 million). Rolling back full season commitments isn't an entirely new practice for NBC. Last season, the Peacock trimmed its full season commitment to its freshman drama "Boomtown" from 22 to 18 installments.

Dick Clark and Jonathan Prince are the executive producers of "American Dreams," a joint production of NBC Studios and Universal Network Television.

As stated in the article, this is what they did to Boomtown last year and we all know what happened after that.

Of course, this is no surprise to me considering it seems like every show getting axed happens to be a show I watch.

das Monkey 11-10-03 09:09 AM

OK, you asshats. You're not going to find anything that will perform better on Sundays at 8pm except maybe <i>Law & Order: Special Ed Unit</i> or <i>Law & Order: Dragnet</i>.

das

djbrown 11-10-03 10:19 AM

I'm late in starting the series (basically, I've Tivo'ed the season 1 finale and have watched it, and have yet to get around to catching up on Tivo from the current season), but it is pretty good from what I've seen.

That, and the theme song rocks.

apeyard 11-10-03 01:16 PM

They better not mess with this show. NBC sucks!

Jadzia 11-10-03 02:13 PM

I know Cold Case is doing really well in that slot this season. I wonder if that is what sucked up "American Dreams" ratings?

I watch/like the show but I wouldn't be heart-broken if it was cancelled.

Red Dog 11-10-03 02:16 PM

Originally posted by Jadzia

I watch/like the show but I wouldn't be heart-broken if it was cancelled.

I would. AD is one of my top-5 favorite shows. Boomtown used to be on that list.

Jadzia 11-10-03 02:43 PM

I like the mom and Meg but I have always been pretty bored by JJ and the dad's storylines.

I miss Luke. :(

My favorite NBC series in danger of being axed this season is Miss Match.

Deftones 11-10-03 05:57 PM

I don't care about this show, or watch it, but I'd be pissed if they cancel it. Why is that? Oh, I don't know. Maybe b/c that ****tard in charge at NBC said he wants more shows like this rather than shows like Boomtown.

Jboone 11-10-03 06:50 PM

Damn, there goes another one I like.