DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Arrested Development (11/09) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/329052-arrested-development-11-09-a.html)

Deftones 11-09-03 10:27 PM

Arrested Development (11/09)

This week's episode was much better than the Pilot. Some pretty good laughs.

Wazootyman 11-09-03 11:34 PM

I really wanted to like last weeks, but I came away with a hohum feeling about it. However, this week's was really great. I loved a whole lot about it: The dad's obsession with the ice cream sandwiches, everything about David Cross, Gob's dead pigeon, Gob's attempt at defiance. I feel Gob is gonna be really fun down the road

das Monkey 11-09-03 11:58 PM

Oh my God ... I lost it on the rabbit scene. :lol:

das

nny 11-10-03 12:11 AM

I didn't see the first episode, but there's one thing that pissed me off. Why did they start with revealing the banana stand would burn down? I hate that in general, but to make it even worse, last week I saw the clip of Tambor yelling about the money in the stand too.

spainlinx0 11-10-03 12:36 AM

Originally posted by nny
I didn't see the first episode, but there's one thing that pissed me off. Why did they start with revealing the banana stand would burn down? I hate that in general, but to make it even worse, last week I saw the clip of Tambor yelling about the money in the stand too.
Probably to make you think that the dad was going to torch it for insurance money. Then to think the son would do it for the insurance money. Until finally you realize what the father actually meant at the end.

Groucho 11-10-03 08:07 AM

When he threw the dead bunny into the ocean, that was the breaking point for my wife. She turned to me and said "Honestly, I don't know what you see in this show!"

Very funny stuff. I loved the constant references to fire throughout the episode. The show is well-paired with "Malcolm in the Middle," I think.

Red Dog 11-10-03 08:19 AM

Now I just thought the opposite. I only saw the first 10 minutes of the pilot and thought it was much funnier than last night's episode. I laughed only once or twice although the bunny in the ocean was hysterical.

guywall 11-10-03 11:32 AM

Great show! The writing is great.

Achtung 11-10-03 12:14 PM

Excellent episode. Best parts were the "act of defiance", and the dove. Gob is turning into one of the better characters on TV. I enjoyed the pilot as well, even though a lot of other people seemed not to. Given the strong critical reviews, I sure hope this stays around longer than Andy Richter Controls the Universe.

tavarua88 11-10-03 12:54 PM

wonder what happened to the younger brother in this episode.

Drexl 11-10-03 02:01 PM

Originally posted by nny
I didn't see the first episode, but there's one thing that pissed me off. Why did they start with revealing the banana stand would burn down?
For one thing, it sets up Lindsay's line "If I know my daughter, that stand won't be there in a week." :lol:

MrX 11-10-03 02:28 PM

"Don't be afraid to ride her....hard" So wrong, yet so funnyrotfl

Gob is hilarious. The bunny was great.

Tobias in the shower crying had me rolling also.

mdc3000 11-10-03 04:08 PM

I thought the show was OK... I think the cast is great, the material was just average and predictable... hopefully it'll get better in coming weeks... but the cinematography pisses me off... they are doing a lot of handheld shots with TONS of zooming/focusing etc... this is usually used for gritty cop dramas (and bugs the hell out of me there too) and just doesn't quite work for comedy IMO... just the constant zooming and tight close ups on people...for godsake, leave the zoom alone and give a person room to breathe!!!

MATT

movieking 11-10-03 06:44 PM

Great to see David Cross on network TV, and he does a great job as Portia DeRossi's husband. Great episode. I really like the continuing story of George Michael and his cousin...

SunMonkey 11-10-03 07:14 PM

I'm hooked. This is a really funny show. :)

lisadoris 11-10-03 07:25 PM

This episode was freaking hilarious. You know this means it still won't make it until Christmas.

The Antipodean 11-10-03 08:23 PM

Originally posted by tavarua88
wonder what happened to the younger brother in this episode.
What younger brother? All I remember was the older brother and the sister.

Breakfast with Girls 11-10-03 08:57 PM

Originally posted by movieking
I really like the continuing story of George Michael and his cousin...
Why don't you sit on your cousin's lap?
Uh-oh, it's a bumpy road up ahead!

tavarua88 11-10-03 10:01 PM

Originally posted by Sierra Disc
What younger brother? All I remember was the older brother and the sister.
i just rewatched the pilot, his name was buster. he was the youngest and was doing some african drum thing last episode. oh and he gets nervous really fast.

Tommy Ceez 11-10-03 10:58 PM

He's the one with the glasses

Mom-Buster will run the business, you took business classes
Buster-Well it was 16th century agrarian business but the concepts have to be the same, is anyone here at all concerned about an uprising?

Mom-Buster you took $60,000 in cartography classes, find us a lane to the ocean
Buster- OK im assuming that the blue areas are land!

Morf 11-11-03 09:14 AM

I finally got around to watching this last night. Funny episode. Gob's attempts at throwing the letter into the ocean had me rolling.

Chew 11-13-03 07:30 AM

Finally caught up on both episodes of this show and glad I did. Haven't laughed at a new comedy like this in a long time. I certainly hope Fox gives it a fair shake.

Cusm 11-13-03 08:52 AM

The new commercial I saw last night was featuring Buster only, it was great can't wait for this weekends episode.

Patman 11-13-03 11:58 AM

I only laughed really hard at the very end with the brother/magician goes to the ocean to dump the bunny into the sea. But I did find it amusing for the most part.

Venusian 11-16-03 03:59 PM

i caught up on both epsiodes. i think its pretty funny. i doubt it will last on fox.