Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Survivor 7: 11/06/03

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 7: 11/06/03

Old 11-08-03, 05:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The reason why both Burton and Lill had immunity was to give them a second chance to re-integrate with their tribe (but at that point, there was no merge, so they couldn't make any other assumption other than neither of the outcasts were going to get the boot at the next tribal council).

I also have no idea why Burton or Lill were in the immunity challenge at that point. Sure, having Burton give Rupert immunity makes Burton reveal some cards he probably didn't want to show (as in solidarity between the 2 most physically fit guys remaining), but otherwise, it's sort of wonky to let Burton and Lill compete.
Old 11-08-03, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did anybody catch Savage on the morning show? My mom did, and apparently Savage claims he DID tell Lil that she was being voted off and that she took it well, claimed to understand, and even cut some firewood before tribal council so that they would have some before she left. So one of them is lying. It really makes me wonder if, within all this wrangling by the producers, they told Lil to lie about that in order to help her own position. It would make sense because the producers skewed the editing to make it look as if Savage screwed her over.
Old 11-08-03, 07:03 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think Savage is the one lieing there. either way, he got assed out because of his choice to not join rupert. looks to be an interesting game. Lets see if Christa and sandra stay true to rupert or if his ways with burton makes him an easy target
Old 11-08-03, 07:38 PM

"Ok, you're going to kick me out, can I get you some firewood before I go?"

Please, Savage is a liar, a horrible leader and terrible judge of character. Glad to see him go.
Old 11-08-03, 07:50 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 612 Likes on 492 Posts
Originally posted by Vegas9203

Please, Savage is a liar, a horrible leader

I certainly wouldn't judge his leadership abilities on this. Alexander the Great would have done just as bad a job leading that sorry group of Morgans.
Old 11-09-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought that Savage had admitted to not telling Lil like he said he would.

I think it was a good idea for Burton to show that he wasn't throwing anymore challenges. I would imagine that Rupert would be seriously pissed off if he thought that Burton had let him win even though it wouldn't affect Burton's immunity. The symbolism of passing immunity to Rupert would be the kind of thing that Rupert would be more likely to appreciate.
Old 11-09-03, 01:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

When did Survivor start to revolve around Rupert?
Old 11-09-03, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Patman
When did Survivor start to revolve around Rupert?
starting from when he stole morgan's shoes

he has made himself very important, but it would be foolish of the group to keep him around too much longer
although stranger things have happened
Old 11-09-03, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Exactly. Front-runners on Survivor rarely win this game.
Old 11-09-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
As long as christa and sandra stick by his side, rupert has the potential to make it to the final three. once it comes down to the challenge to show your enduernce (sp) it will be up to him to make it to the final 2. if he can do that he has the biggest chance to win it all.
Old 11-09-03, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Plus, we viewers will all get more entertainment value if he gets axed: he's sure to let out a wail and start smashing the Tribal Council stage. The other players and Jeff Probst will have to beat him back with their torches like townspeople battling Frankenstein.
LOL.

A interesting note though, back on the Early show, when Burton got booted, they showed the clip where Rupert complained about Burton picking on him. Burton seemed pretty sore against Rupert. Was he just pretending (because that's how he would have been if he didn't go back?) or has something happened since?

Astro, thanks for posting what the others voted. That's always what I wish I could see.

Andrew... I will miss the guy a lot. I don't know why, but I will. Every indication I have, I feel the guy was a twit and an ass, but I guess he's kind of charasmatic too.

Something else that's interesting I want to throw in here...

On some talkshow with Jeff Probst, Jeff said on episode 7 (the one before this one) someone will do something they're going to regret. He also, when Survivor started, said this show featured the biggest twist, the biggest lie, and the biggest regret.

Now, I'm assuming the regret he ment could have been Osten quitting, but you think it might be Rupert's rampaging at Jon?
Old 11-10-03, 09:25 AM
DVD Talk Hero

You have to love the new Survivor promos this past weekend where they allude to the girls coalescing to boot off the stronger players (Rupert, and Burton) and Sandra appears to be the new ringleader for the females.
Old 11-10-03, 09:54 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 231 Likes on 136 Posts
The fact that Sandra is apparently is one of two Pearl Island contestants competing in the All-Star Survivor that started last week leads me to believe she goes pretty far.
Old 11-10-03, 11:48 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by dstrauss
The fact that Sandra is apparently is one of two Pearl Island contestants competing in the All-Star Survivor that started last week leads me to believe she goes pretty far.
Sandra is not on the All-Star Survivor according to the most recent list. There is a thread in here about it.
Old 11-11-03, 06:07 PM

I'm concerned that Jon is going to pull a BB4 Allison and go all the way to the end. If I were a Survivor I would certainly like going against him in the final two because no one would possibly vote FOR him.

Everytime I see him at tribal council with arms folded and index-middle fingers out I want to slap him! Damn he's annoying.
Old 11-11-03, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally posted by Patman
You have to love the new Survivor promos this past weekend where they allude to the girls coalescing to boot off the stronger players (Rupert, and Burton) and Sandra appears to be the new ringleader for the females.