Angel 11/5

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-03, 01:38 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by BigDog21
How so?

Wait a second what happend to your reply??? It dissapeared
Apparently people have been deleting their replies because they realized that they were inappropriate or too off-topic, which I think was probably a wise move.

This forum is for people to discuss TV shows, what they like about them, and even what they don't like about them, so if you have a problem with people doing any of that, you may be in the wrong place. If you disagree with someone, fine... but don't bring your insinuations about his or her personal life into your reply, no matter how innocent you may think your comments are. They're just as entitled as you are to feel the way they feel about the show. Plus, it pulls threads off-topic, as you can see here.

Let's drop all the the non-Angel talk and get back to talking about the show... thanks!
Old 11-11-03, 01:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Static Cling
Apparently people have been deleting their replies because they realized that they were inappropriate or too off-topic, which I think was probably a wise move.

This forum is for people to discuss TV shows, what they like about them, and even what they don't like about them, so if you have a problem with people doing any of that, you may be in the wrong place. If you disagree with someone, fine... but don't bring your insinuations about his or her personal life into your reply, no matter how innocent you may think your comments are. They're just as entitled as you are to feel the way they feel about the show. Plus, it pulls threads off-topic, as you can see here.

Let's drop all the the non-Angel talk and get back to talking about the show... thanks!

Whatever...

I won't make anymore replys, But I still don't like my words being switched around, it was uncalled for. But whatever, I still respect what your saying. I won't post off topic again.
Old 11-12-03, 09:28 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like this season,
I like the fact that it is more episodic
I thought the "Diablo Robotico" Line was laugh out loud funny
I like humour in Angel, I watch TV to be entertained, not to be a critic.
I don't understand why people think it's somehow cool to be the first to say that an episode sucked. If you don't like Angel, why do you watch it?
I Don't like some things, and some things don't make sense, but has everything EVER made sense in Buffy/Angel? Joss Whedon doesn't sweat it, he thinks it's funny!

Hate me if you want, but I like this season.
Old 11-12-03, 10:51 AM

Originally posted by Doug Heffernan
I like this season,
I like the fact that it is more episodic
I thought the "Diablo Robotico" Line was laugh out loud funny
I like humour in Angel, I watch TV to be entertained, not to be a critic.
I don't understand why people think it's somehow cool to be the first to say that an episode sucked. If you don't like Angel, why do you watch it?
I Don't like some things, and some things don't make sense, but has everything EVER made sense in Buffy/Angel? Joss Whedon doesn't sweat it, he thinks it's funny!

Hate me if you want, but I like this season.

I agree, lol...I probably should have worded my reply like yours and It wouldn't have been taken out of context, I'm really enjoying the stand alone episodes this year. I have a feeling that it will get even better as the year goes on. I'm exicited that the show has already been picked up for a 6th season, gotta have something that fills the void Buffy left in TV land.
Old 11-12-03, 01:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 487 Likes on 286 Posts
I don't think I'm enhancing my coolness by saying I disliked an episode of Angel. I am in a forum that discusses tv shows, and what you like and don't like about them. This isn't the no criticisms allowed forum. You may like the direction Angel is heading in, and that's your prerogative, but other people are allowed to disagree. We aren't bitching for the sake of it; we honestly do not like the direction the show is going in. You may like an episodic show, but some of us prefer an arc-driven show. The reason we do watch even though we are not completely satisfied is because we want it to get better, and hope that it will.

Yes there have been some funny moments, especially the line you mentioned, but this season hasn't been rolling in comedy. And let me say that just because things don't always make sense doesn't mean we should let it slip by. Some of us like an attempt at continuity because you don't get jarred out of the show wondering about the rules of the Buffy/Angel universe such as the wolf episode.

I understand that it's hard to read about someone ragging on a show that you like, but that's just the way message boards are. You can't take it personally. You can only argue your side civilly, and listen to the other person's arguments. It could be worse, you could have no one to share opinions about the show with.
Old 11-12-03, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't get me wrong, I am an arc fan as well. We are currently watching season two on DVD and the episodes beginning where Drusilla re-vamps (haha) darla are so good, that at 11pm we want to stay up wayyyyyy to late to watch more (yes we have to get up early for work here)!

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular, but it seems from a long time back there are far too many "critics" and not enough fans here! I can see both sides points, but Angel is always entertaining to me. That is all I can ask for. It isn't my show, I don't write it, so it's not my choice as to where it should go creatively, and a lot of people here have the tone that somehow they should be consulted on teh story arc !

Try watching TRU CALLING, it has bad writing, and no matter how much I want Eliza to be Faith, my imagination can't make up for the horrible writing on that show....so my point is that if Angel does not go where I want it to go, it doesn't matter to me as long as the writing stays good, and the show provides me with an hour of entertainment.

Can't wait for tonights episode, I'm sure it will suck!
Old 11-12-03, 08:21 PM

Originally posted by BigDog21
I'm exicited that the show has already been picked up for a 6th season, gotta have something that fills the void Buffy left in TV land.
Where did you hear that?
I celebrated the renewal for a 5th season, do have proof so I can start a party for season 6 confirmation?

I love this show
Old 11-12-03, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,881 Likes on 1,238 Posts
Originally posted by Doug Heffernan
Can't wait for tonights episode, I'm sure it will suck!
Based on the 20 minutes or whatever that have aired so far, this is by far my favorite episode of the season. I liked the last episode, but I'm really enjoying this one.
Originally posted by SeanValen
Where did you hear that?
I haven't seen any press releases or notes on thefutoncritic.com, but from http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...3/031110b.html :

From professorchaos21: Angel season six?! Yes or no. Circle one. I love you.
Yes. Already picked up. And I love you, too.
:shrugs: Not the best resource to use, but better than nothing, I guess.
Old 11-12-03, 10:08 PM

Originally posted by ctyner
Based on the 20 minutes or whatever that have aired so far, this is by far my favorite episode of the season. I liked the last episode, but I'm really enjoying this one.

I haven't seen any press releases or notes on thefutoncritic.com, but from http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...3/031110b.html :

:shrugs: Not the best resource to use, but better than nothing, I guess.

Woooo, ctyner since you been pretty critique, its a good sign a devoted angel fan like you enjoyed the episode tonight, brilliant!!!

Ctyner legend.

Last edited by SeanValen; 11-12-03 at 10:11 PM.
Old 11-13-03, 12:36 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally posted by Draven
For those of you that think this season is the worst so far, I think you might be remembering things through rose-colored glasses.

Let's see, we've suffered through the following in all the previous seasons:

1. Dorky Wesley
2. Pylea
3. Fred the basketcase
4. Holtz
5. Karaoke on a weekly basis
6. Connor
7. Angelus (who is too nice to kill people now, apparently)
8. Gunn as a total meathead
9. I almost forgot Justine.
10. And the worst, Cordelia and Angel: will they or won't they?
And you didn't even mention Jasmine, or Angel's trip to the badly matte-painted planet of the crab people from last season.