Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

24 11/4

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-03, 08:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Chew
Any chance some future episode might involve the mole holding Kim hostage at CTU
I do think that Gael (the mole in CTU), if he is a mole, will either hold one of the CTU employees hostage, or kill them. I don't think it will be Kim. Kim already has a story line with dating Chase and Jack not liking it. I think the hostage will be either Tony or Michelle. Probably Michelle. There's nothing going on with those two other than the fact that they are married and there was a set up for something with Tony having a job offer at Langley. Something else is going to happen to them I just know it.
Old 11-05-03, 08:42 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth Vonner •<HR SIZE=1>I don't think it will be Kim. Kim already has a story line with dating Chase and Jack not liking it.<HR SIZE=1>

Besides, it will be too cumbersome mixing a mole/hostage storyline with the upcoming alien abduction one they've reserved for her character. Also, once she get trapped in the abandoned mine, she won't be a very good target anyway.

das
Old 11-05-03, 09:00 AM

Most agencies that deal with top secret information block cell phones to prevent people from leaking information. So while it makes good TV, it doesn't happen like that in real life.

And how bad is CTU to have 2 moles in 5 years now? Wouldn't that be considered a problem?
Old 11-05-03, 09:23 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
I liked last night's episode much more than the first. I think this show is going to go in a complete opposite direction than we are all led to believe. They'll have a handle on the virus pretty soon, the way it looks. Now, the question is what is up with Palmer's girlfriend doctor?
Old 11-05-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I think the background check must be a questionaire with a box you check if you are a terrorist. And actually it is 3 moles, don't forget the hispanic chick(sorry can not remember her name) that off'd herself.
Old 11-05-03, 09:29 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally posted by Cusm
don't forget the hispanic chick(sorry can not remember her name) that off'd herself.
She didn't off herself.
Old 11-05-03, 09:30 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Jamie, who was dispatched by Neener.
Old 11-05-03, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
Damn it's been a while since I watched season 1, the plot twist so good I couldn't remember it.

Nothing worse than having your correction corrected.
Old 11-05-03, 09:34 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Definitely liked it. I like Chase's character--seems kinda like a mini-Jack. Very glad to see glimpses of the good ol' Kim again too.

One question: Palmer's brother said, "He'll never release Salazar, no matter what, you know that" (or something to that effect), implying he's not going to give into terrorist threats, etc., even if it could save millions. However, he was willing to grant murderer Nina a full pardon and EVEN let her murder Jack to possibly save millions, so...???
Old 11-05-03, 09:37 AM

I think that Palmer's Dr chick is the one who re-engineered the virus to be more potent - just from her reaction to the news of the virus and knowing who the Infectious Disease doc was.

Michelle's going to be dead, I just know it. Too much cleavage this season is showing for her to last the whole season.
Old 11-05-03, 10:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally posted by Meteu185

Michelle's going to be dead, I just know it. Too much cleavage this season is showing for her to last the whole season.
I want to send a thank you note to the head of the wardrobe department for making an excellent choice for her outfit

This is the first season I have watched on regular broadcasts (first two were on dvd) and after last night I will change the channel when the next episode preview comes on...too much info (but it does look like things will really pick up next week).
Old 11-05-03, 11:07 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Maybe Ann was once in a "Girls Gone Wild" video?

Every time I look at Chase I think of Justin Timberlake, whom I can't stand. He's not a bad character though, I just need to get over my Justin Timberlake hate.

The previews for next week are ridiculous. I know I shouldn't watch them, but it's only a TV show. It's almost funny to see how bold Fox can go with giving away entire plot twists.
Old 11-05-03, 11:13 AM

Originally posted by Jadzia
Every time I look at Chase I think of Justin Timberlake, whom I can't stand. He's not a bad character though, I just need to get over my Justin Timberlake hate.
It's probably the haircut as much as anything. The hair stylist for this season needs a talking-to from the QEFTSG crew. It ain't pretty.
Old 11-05-03, 01:21 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

it's starting to pick up steem a bit....i am NEVER watching the previews ever again....why even bother playing the show the next week if you are going to show the entire plot in 15 seconds?
Old 11-05-03, 01:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
also anyone else catch that Michelle ended up marrying tony in between these 3 years while she was in the bathroom with kim
Old 11-05-03, 01:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Rypro 525
also anyone else catch that Michelle ended up marrying tony in between these 3 years while she was in the bathroom with kim
I caught that in the first episode, when the camera showed a close-up of their wedding bands while they were talking about her getting a job in DC with his new job.
Old 11-05-03, 01:37 PM

Originally posted by Rypro 525
Well, I don't think they got married in the CTU bathroom with Kim as a witness, if that's what you mean.

But yeah, on the 24 website they talk about how they've gotten married and in E1 they show the rings pretty prominently and talk about traveling with each other as husband/wife to a new job, etc.
Old 11-05-03, 02:19 PM

I think the CTU mole is going to let loose a pack of mountain lions to terrorize Kim.

As soon as I saw the African American agent at the crack house, I thought for sure he was going to die like every other African American agent in this show. I guess I'll give him a few more hours.
Old 11-05-03, 02:31 PM

Originally posted by Meteu185
Well, I don't think they got married in the CTU bathroom with Kim as a witness, if that's what you mean.
Old 11-05-03, 02:57 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 44 Likes on 33 Posts
Everyone sure is quick to yell "Mole!". How can we be sure he isn't a CTU agent who gained Hector's trust?

A big part of this show is if it seems obvious something is true, it probably isn't.
Old 11-05-03, 03:17 PM

Originally posted by bralph
Everyone sure is quick to yell "Mole!". How can we be sure he isn't a CTU agent who gained Hector's trust?
I eluded to that possiblity here:

I do think that Gael (the mole in CTU), if he is a mole, ...
I think it would be cool if Gael is in-fact a CTU agent, or a deep cover agent from some other government organization. The problem is, if that's true then why isn't he sharing any information with the rest of CTU? He knows about Kyle Singer, and it's possible that he might know the where abouts of Hector Salazar. Those are two things that the other CTU empolyees were trying to figure out in the first two episodes.

I'm not putting it past the folks at '24' to come up with some valid reasons why Gael is not sharing info while being on the same side as CTU, but right now there are a lot of holes to that theory. The mole theory is more easily justified.

Last edited by Vonner; 11-05-03 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-05-03, 03:19 PM

Originally posted by Jadzia
I caught that in the first episode, when the camera showed a close-up of their wedding bands while they were talking about her getting a job in DC with his new job.
The show has never been subtle, but that shot had me rolling on the floor.
Old 11-05-03, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
I noticed it too...but, to be honest, that was a LOT better than Tru Calling's "expository" beginning. Here, 24 summed it up with a 5 second camera shot..
Old 11-05-03, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by Groucho
The show has never been subtle, but that shot had me rolling on the floor.
They must just as well have played the "Big W" music from It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World

Honk!
Old 11-05-03, 09:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

i just watched my tape and i liked it. chase is not annoying me anywhere near like i thought he would and my overhwelming thought so far is this:

jack strung out=jack cranky
jack cranky=

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.