DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Practice 11/02/03 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/327758-practice-11-02-03-a.html)

Patman 11-03-03 08:06 AM

The Practice 11/02/03

I was shaking my head at all of the coincidences in this episode.

Using diplomatic immunity to get the double-murderer off (but shipped out of the country) was sort of lazy writing.

And then having the white supremacist (on trial) father a child with a black woman 20 years ago who winds up being the state's witness stretch credulity way past its limits for me.

The episode rates a "meh" for me.

Eugene and Jamie's break-up wasn't as painful, even with the issues raised and re-raised because they never seemed more than just sex-buddies.

Alan never fails to answer the smug bell, and he didn't disappoint this episode. How long will his infatuation with the Lisa Edelstein character last? Of course, old-time Ally McBeal viewers might remember that Lisa played a transsexual (pre-op, post-op, I forget) in her guest-stint with that show... :D

Kal-El 11-03-03 10:29 AM

Re: The Practice 11/02/03

Originally posted by Patman

Alan never fails to answer the smug bell, and he didn't disappoint this episode. How long will his infatuation with the Lisa Edelstein character last? Of course, old-time Ally McBeal viewers might remember that Lisa played a transsexual (pre-op, post-op, I forget) in her guest-stint with that show... :D

Yeah, it was all too nicely wrapped up for me too. But James Spader makes it all up.

I actually always refer to Lisa Edelstein as Bobbie Bernstein or Laurie the call-girl/law student. ;)

Patman 11-03-03 10:35 AM

"Roberta, was that you?"

MrX 11-03-03 11:19 AM

Not as good as it has been this season.

Spader was awesome as usual.

It seems like they'll be rotating back and forth with Alan and then either Eugene or Eleanor having cases. Eugene was barely in any of the episodes when Eleanor was defending O'Donnell's character and now Eleanor pops up for a minute and you don't see her again.

Patman 11-03-03 12:21 PM

I'm sure Camryn (Eleanor) loves being Jamie's sounding board on the show now...

shoppingbear 11-03-03 01:30 PM

Re: The Practice 11/02/03

Originally posted by Patman
How long will his infatuation with the Lisa Edelstein character last? Of course, old-time Ally McBeal viewers might remember that Lisa played a transsexual (pre-op, post-op, I forget) in her guest-stint with that show... :D
OK, I haven't been watching this show faithfully this season (sorry, I'm firmly in the "Spader's character sucks" camp), so who is this woman, how did Spader's character meet her, what's the background on that? He seems WAYYYYY too nice around her, and I can't remember when she showed up on this show.

Oh, I was laughing at the other comment, about her being the call-girl/law student, because there's latenight reruns of the first season of West Wing, so I see her a lot there lately, too, and that's what I first thought when I saw her last night on the Practice! :lol: