Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Wild Boyz/Viva La Bam

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-03, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wild Boyz/Viva La Bam

I don't know about everyone else, but I've given up on both of these shows after only 2 episodes. I loved Jackass- but these spin offs aren't even close; they try too hard to get laughs. Bam has had me laugh a bit, but I don't think I cracked a smile at Boyz... and what was up with the toenail bit at the end of Bam?! It had NOTHING to do with the rest of the show- was it only there for the mere reason of a gross-out scene?

Bring back Johnny Knoxville!!!
Old 11-03-03, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I was thinking about starting a thread on wildboyz -- actually pretty funny. They've got a professional Discovery Channel caliber film crew teamed up with a couple of stoners -- really funny stuff. Some great film work too with the sharks, bears, etc. Not bad.

Then playing meat football with the hyenas ranks up there with dumb ideas/Darwin Award finalists , but it's really freaking funny. I think I'll be tuning in for future shows -- if for nothing other than the great photography. The fake seal shark baiting segment was pretty cool too.
Old 11-03-03, 09:04 AM

I will give Wild Boyz the thumbs up for the photography, but I just keep finding myself getting annoyed with both of them- Beavis and Butthead were funny as a cartoon, but they're annoying in real life....
Old 11-03-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Bam is pointless. He's not funny, just a jerk. And his folks are obviously in on it. Bleh.

Wild Boyz, on the other hand, is sheer brilliance. First off, those two are totally in love: It's the single gayest show on tv. Plus some of the bits had us in stitches: Putting the clothes on the moose's antlers, trying to instigate the "first" ever wolf attack, mixing the salmon sperm and eggs... I wish that show could be two hours long.
Old 11-03-03, 10:29 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

bam's pre-jackass footage (CKY) is hysterical. it's pretty much the basis for what jackass did.

i haven't seen the new show but the older ones are great.
Old 11-03-03, 11:45 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Did anyone see the last segment on Viva La Bam, with Don Vito's big toe nail coming off ? That was one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. I had to change the channel.
Old 11-04-03, 07:48 AM

I flipped to MTV just as Don Vito
Spoiler:
was picking that nail off and smelling it!
Ugh I nearly hurled.

Then while watching Wild Boyz Steve-O
Spoiler:
has a female salmon shoot a load of eggs into his mouth and then has a male salmon, well, just shoot his load into Steve-O's mouth! SICK!!! Steve-O got a fish facial and I couldn't avert my eyes. Yech.
Old 11-04-03, 08:11 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
The Viva La Bam show would rule if his parents cared, but they don't, so its really lame. The mom triest to fake like she cares, but its just that, fake.

The footage that the wild boyz get is incredible. Seeing those sharks jump out of the water was amazing. Other than that, its pretty much pointless and not very funny.
Old 11-04-03, 09:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The Bam show is hilarious. It hurt while laughing during the van/hydrolics bit.

I agree on Wildboys. Gayest show on TV. Give it a few more episodes and they will be jerking some animal off. I sat there hoping the animals would rip them apart.
Old 11-12-03, 06:43 PM

I love it. the only shows i make sure to watch all week!!!
Old 11-13-03, 10:27 AM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

I agree, Bam's show is excellent, come on I think Ape and Phil are great, Bam can do anything, and they dont get mad becuase he PAID for the house, come on he drives around in a Ferrari, and still acts they way he does, that is the best part about him
Ape: What are you doing!
Bam: Were building a Moat!

the single greatest line ever spoken on tv

sewing, hamburgers on his dads shirts was priceless, then you see Phil in AC wearing the shirts, god I thought I was going to piss myself

Wildboys, is alright but could be alot funnier, I still don't know how Steve-o gets some many women, you guys should check out Steveo;s Out on Bail dvd that cam out this week, it is hysterical. Nick Dunlap(jackass producer) pees on Trishelle (from Real World las Vegas) and then some guy unbeknownst to him licks it off of her.

And I am happy that Johhn Knoxville, is not on the show, he was brought into their firendship and then tried to act like he started the whole idea, even though Bam has been making videos since the early 1990's Haggard, CKY, among many others.

and once they get some money he is gone to Hollywood, wha a stupid prick.
Old 11-13-03, 10:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I go to school in West Chester, PA, the same area where Bam grew up, shot CKY and some of Jackass's stunts and where has now setup his production company for Viva La Bam!

The school paper was bitching about how he makes the area look bad, and how he was using an apartment complex zoned for residental use for his office.

Who cares?
Old 11-13-03, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Viva La Bam is one of the best shows right now on TV!
Old 11-13-03, 03:17 PM
I Don't Use Spoiler Tags

also it was awesome when he got the letter from his housing complex place fining him for having an elephant on his front lawn, I wonder how many times they have sent out this letter

BS, like anyone would know west chester pa without Bam
Old 11-13-03, 06:42 PM
Banned

cky was cool jackass was ok but just a cky ripoff these new shows suck