Reload this Page >

Justice League 11/01

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Justice League 11/01

Old 11-02-03, 10:29 AM
Banned

Received 376 Likes on 295 Posts
Justice League 11/01

I don't know what to make of this episode. On the one hand there are nods to classic JLA story lines (Injustice League of Earth2? I forget), but they went about it in the wrong way. In the classic stories, the characters on both sides were different (with the JSA being there too), but could not exist in the same universe at once.

Secondly, they ruined Doomsday! He was a pushover! Now they can't use him as an enemy! Sorry, the character who killed Supes was taken out by a labotomy? No.

The worst episode of the season, still had better elements than some of last year's shows. At least the Flash got to do some cool stuff. Nice to see him slap Supes around a bit.

To sum up, read some of the classic storylines compiled in the Crisis On Multiple Earths TPB, or Grant Morrison's DC multiverse tribute Earth 2.
Old 11-02-03, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 1,356 Likes on 921 Posts
I liked it, alot. I think ever since they went to the hour format for shows, the quality has been much, much better. All the cameos again, were great to see. Doomsday was sort of a wuss, but I imagine they could find some other way to use him on the show.
Old 11-02-03, 12:02 PM

Received 771 Likes on 504 Posts
I liked it. The thing that shocked me is that Bats gave up to himself too easy... but then I saw that it was just a decoy.

By the way, did I miss something or did they say how 'their' Flash died?
Old 11-02-03, 12:06 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Goldberg74

By the way, did I miss something or did they say how 'their' Flash died?
They didn't say, I don't think.
Old 11-02-03, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I know that Lex is the President in the current DC comics. Was he ever a public villian or was he only known to be a villian by Superman?
It looks like the writers might try to do the president thing in JLA. The question is, since everyone knows Lex was a supervillian, who would vote for him?
Old 11-02-03, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by resinrats
I know that Lex is the President in the current DC comics. Was he ever a public villian or was he only known to be a villian by Superman?
It looks like the writers might try to do the president thing in JLA. The question is, since everyone knows Lex was a supervillian, who would vote for him?
People voted for Clinton. ::ducks::

Seriously, I thought this was a pretty good episode. Was this the last of the new "season", or are there more upcoming?
Old 11-02-03, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by WildcatLH

Seriously, I thought this was a pretty good episode. Was this the last of the new "season", or are there more upcoming?
I think there is at least 1 more episode, b/c I saw it on my season pass last night.
Old 11-02-03, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
Not really related to the ep. at hand, but could someone tell me how many eps there were in the storyline involving the alternate history WWII w/ Savage? I think I saw the first 3 or so on consecutive afternoons, but I was moving and didn't see anything else. I'd love to see that one collected together.
Old 11-02-03, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Tuan Jim
Not really related to the ep. at hand, but could someone tell me how many eps there were in the storyline involving the alternate history WWII w/ Savage? I think I saw the first 3 or so on consecutive afternoons, but I was moving and didn't see anything else. I'd love to see that one collected together.
2, as far as I know. It was called The Savage Time. I think CN is replaying them this upcoming week.
Old 11-02-03, 05:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Tuan Jim
There were three episodes:

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...4/epid-166098/
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...4/epid-166099/
http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...4/epid-166100/
Old 11-02-03, 05:49 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
There is the episode where Wonder Woman is fighting Aquaman. They show it on the commercial bumbers. I have not seen that one yet. Also the one where Hawkgirl complains that WW says 'By Hera" all the time. So there is one more.
Old 11-02-03, 06:14 PM
DVD Talk God

Ok, they just lumped them together as one extended showing.
Old 11-02-03, 06:19 PM
DVD Talk God

wholly crap, don't read this episode synopsis if you don't want this show to be really spoiled. You might also get pissed.

You've been warned: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...14/epid-212542
Old 11-02-03, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: Where the sky is always Carolina Blue! (Currently VA - again...)
I coulda sworn I saw 3 on 3 days in a row, but never saw the end of the story. Oh well. I'll keep my eyes open.
Old 11-02-03, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Deftones
wholly crap, don't read this episode synopsis if you don't want this show to be really spoiled. You might also get pissed.

You've been warned: http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...14/epid-212542
Had read that already, after a link with no warning. But about that...

Spoiler:
If the comic books have taught us anything, Superman will be back. I have a feeling that it'd end up the same way in JL, although maybe not until Season 3
Old 11-02-03, 10:58 PM

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
Worst episode this season? For my money it is the best. One of the best of the whole run for that matter.

As for whether people would vote for Luthor, folks voted for Bush and apparently intend to again, so anything could happen (and I ain't ducking). Heck, Arnold got voted in! It's not inconceivable that Luthor could start throwing his cash around in enough philanthropic endeavors that after time he could easily "buy" the good will for the people and ultimately the election.

And I don't know what else is coming this month, but I know they just announced 2 more episodes for December 6 and 13.
Old 11-03-03, 08:24 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Toonview
Worst episode this season? For my money it is the best. One of the best of the whole run for that matter.
No doubt. That episode rocked. It was cool to see the JLA acting in a way that they all really want to act. Reminded me of a Superman: The Animated Series episode where Lois is thrust into an alternate universe where Supes and Lex were partners.
Old 11-03-03, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 602 Likes on 486 Posts
I didn't really care for this one.
Old 11-03-03, 05:11 PM

Really liked this episode I am not one to get caught up in comic book lore... a good story is a good story, and this had some weaknesses, but overall it was awesome...
Old 11-03-03, 06:44 PM

They really, really ruined Doomsday.
'Nuff said.