That 70s Show - 10/29

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

That 70s Show - 10/29

Old 11-01-03, 09:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Eric F
Isn't it 1980 yet?
Let's see; in the first season Eric mentioned something about having seen Star Wars (which came out in 1977). Now the show has been on for 5 years; and the characters have all graduated high school. So yes, it probably IS the 1980's there.
Old 11-01-03, 09:50 PM

No, after the first season, the episodes started becoming less sporadic and more on a daily basis. So the last four seasons have all been in 78 I think. If you watch at the end of the episode, the year the episode is taking place in is on the license plate. That DOES change, but hasn't in a long time.
Old 11-02-03, 04:28 AM

I'm rather p.o.'d about the new Lori. I was really looking forward to finding out why she was being so sweet and nice towards the end of last season, and then they bring in a new one and she's back to being a b*tch. WTF?
Old 11-02-03, 11:57 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Any pics of the new Lori? I missed this episode :-(
Old 11-02-03, 02:45 PM
Needs to provide a working email

Originally posted by Tom Banjo
Anyone got a screenshot of Mila Kunis in the bikini?

Old 11-03-03, 03:29 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey, thanks for the animated GIF there! Good work!

I loved the season premiere (watched it this weekend, as I had to watch Smallville and tape this) and with each passing season, I fear that I am going to watch it and it' just gonna fall flat, and the show will have "jumped the shark." But it hasn't, it's still killing with their comedic material, and each episode leaves me with wanting only more and more. (In other words, get with the season sets on this already, Fox!!!) Kelso's puffed face was a great bit. And who cares if he's eaten eggs before? Nobody knows if they were real eggs he ate before, or yolkless, or whatever, or if anybody really cares? It's still damn funny.

BTW, speaking of jumping the shark, Fez did actually jump a shark in one episode a couple seasons ago in homage to his favorite episode of Happy Days. So did this show reverse the curse of "jumping the shark" since it literally did that and is still on top of it's game?
Old 11-03-03, 04:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I liked the gal who played Lori. I was glad to see her back but they hardly used her when she returned. She would have about a couple of lines per show. Last major story had her sleeping with Fez. Too much coke?