DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Simpsons Question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/326990-simpsons-question.html)

Doctorwho 10-29-03 07:04 PM

Simpsons Question

Ive never seen the episode where homer gets turned into 3-d.

Which episode is it in?

I thought it was on a halloween episode, but I'm not sure.

And also is the episode on one of the dvd sets?

http://www.bodo.com/simpsons/3dstreet.jpg

MasterCXtreme 10-29-03 07:27 PM

The episode IS on the Halloween DVD. But I don't recall which episode it actually is. Someone will help you out.

RichC2 10-29-03 07:43 PM

It's Treehouse of Horrors VI, the segment I believe is called Homer^3.

<Rev Lovejoy> "...He's in a better place now."
<Homer> "This is the worst place yet... Ooh! Erotic Cakes!"

As stated, it's on the Treehouse of Horrors DVD, it won't be in a set until Season 7 is out.

BizRodian 10-29-03 08:17 PM

I remember when this episode aired, they made a huge fuss out of it in the previews.

He spends most of his 3d adventures in a digital world, he only spends the last 20 seconds in the "real word."

rfduncan 10-30-03 10:41 AM

This episode was aired last night on my local FOX affiliate. Good episode. :):thumbsup:

RickerOne 10-30-03 01:32 PM

Funny story....

Being the geeks that my friends and I are, we were watching when Homer first gets to 3-D world...

I noticed that a seemingly random set of numbers flies by in the background.

Not so random it turns out. We decoded the numbers into the ASCII characters they represent, and it spelled out "FRINK RULES".

Red Dog 10-30-03 01:37 PM

Originally posted by RichC2
It's Treehouse of Horrors VI, the segment I believe is called Homer^3.

<Rev Lovejoy> "...He's in a better place now."
<Homer> "This is the worst place yet... Ooh! Erotic Cakes!"

As stated, it's on the Treehouse of Horrors DVD, it won't be in a set until Season 7 is out.

Yep. They actually aired this episode last night in syndication in DC.

BDLOU 10-30-03 02:15 PM

Aired last night in syndication in Columbus, OH as well.

Captain Harlock 10-30-03 10:00 PM

Mmmmmmmmmmm unprocessed fishsticks :drool:

fuzzbox 10-31-03 07:44 AM

"Did any of you guys ever see 'Tron'?"
"No"
"No"
"No"
"No"
"No"
"No"
"Yes... I mean...No"

:-)

POWERBOMB 11-02-03 12:31 AM

Great show. Still trying to decide if I want to buy the DVD.

edclem 11-02-03 01:59 PM

You should definitely pick it up. It's only $10 (at worst buy), and (IMO) homer^3 alone is worth that.

Additionally: at the pace they're releasing the season sets, it'll take an eternity before these are released as part of their respective seasons.

Spicollidriver1 11-02-03 09:30 PM

This a good dvd to have for only 10 dollars. But hey added last years Treehouse (why?) and that one was not good, but the other threee are possibly my favorite ones.

Tuan Jim 11-02-03 09:38 PM

Originally posted by edclem
You should definitely pick it up. It's only $10 (at worst buy), and (IMO) homer^3 alone is worth that.

Additionally: at the pace they're releasing the season sets, it'll take an eternity before these are released as part of their respective seasons.

OT -- It was interesting -- this segment alone was on the IMAX 3D CGI show that I saw a year and half ago in London. I've been looking for some of the other CGI segments from that same show -- don't care if they're not 3d because they were absolutely gorgeous on their own. Anyone know if this'll be released anytime soon - 3d or no?

Eric F 11-02-03 09:41 PM

You mean other CGI from The Simpsons? There isn't any.

BizRodian 11-02-03 10:51 PM

No, I think he means the Imax show he saw.

Matthew Chmiel 11-02-03 11:20 PM

OT -- It was interesting -- this segment alone was on the IMAX 3D CGI show that I saw a year and half ago in London. I've been looking for some of the other CGI segments from that same show -- don't care if they're not 3d because they were absolutely gorgeous on their own. Anyone know if this'll be released anytime soon - 3d or no?
That IMAX 3D CGI show was the IMAX 3D film Cyber World and it was God awful. It was just eye candy, no substance at all. While it was nice to see Antz (which the entire scene was redone just for IMAX 3D) and The Simpsons on an eight story screen in 3D, the rest of the film was pretty forgettable.