DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Angel 10/29 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/326895-angel-10-29-a.html)

Gizmo 10-29-03 12:14 PM

Angel 10/29

Seems tonights episode is about a Halloween Party... Should be good!

Patman 10-29-03 12:30 PM

The previews actually made this episode seem interesting. Hope I'm not let down...

sq240 10-29-03 09:32 PM

I wasn't impressed with tonight's episode.. So far with the exception of the first episode and last weeks episode, I have been let down by this season.

I liked Angel's darker edge and the show seems to have lost it. The show has lost its focus on Angel and the group and it seems like it is just trying to string together the humerous one-liners..

The only good thing with the episode tonight was Eve.. Man she is hot. She looks like she could be Jennifer Garner's little sister. What is the name of the actress that plays her?

The show just seems like it it losing touch with the world it use to be set in. Every episode ends with "we need to be careful here, Wolfram Hart is trying to change us" as a way to wrap up an episode in which nothing happened. I don't mind the monster of the week idea, so long as the season as a whole accomplishes something.

I am getting frustrated with the show this season. Angel doesn't even resemble the character he use to be, Spike is being wasted by just having him throw in one liners and the fact that the show seems to ignore Wesley is just a shame. He has changed more than anyone in the Buffy universe and he is by far the most interesting character. What happened to all the demon fighting? Why is Spike's quest for redemption being ignored? Why hasn't anything with the prophecy about the vampire with a soul been examined now that there are two? There are too many good storylines that could be explored and nothing is happening.. Next weeks episode looks like another snooze fest.

I am so upset..

Patman 10-29-03 10:10 PM

2 words: Treading water. That's how I feel about this season of Angel so far.

Sure, some humorous bits here and there, but it ain't enough.

ugabuga 10-30-03 12:18 AM

Agreed so far this season is really piss poor. This just is not the same show from the previous seasons. I will still keep watchin but now we are what 5 episodes into it and well nothing has happened. Absolutely no chemistry with the core group,pointless episodes,no arc as of yet,etc.

Lateralus42 10-30-03 12:30 AM

Brilliant episode. This season of Angel is going to be the best ever. If they keep coming up with such original premises and not the same ole dark brooding pseudo epic crap they have been dishing out the last few years, everything will be fine.

cheers

spainlinx0 10-30-03 12:30 AM

Yes, not very happy with this week's episode. This whole "walking an ethical tightope" seemed like it would make for some good storylines, but I haven't been impressed so far. Just start wiping out your clients already. I don't care about that "they will all leave to go somewhere else" crap. I want to see Angel actually fighting evil, instead of overeating and letting his gut fill my screen. God man, you're on tv, get a trainer.

Jadzia 10-30-03 12:53 AM

I guess this was their "Naked Now" episode and Angel is "fully functional.

I must say it was the worst episode of Angel I have ever seen. I found myself looking at the clock, or running it back because my mind was wandering.

tofu 10-30-03 01:03 AM

I liked tonite's episode simply just for the silliness. The plot was kind of lame and Lorne's subconscious looked a lot like the Hulk's little brother. But I still liked the episode.

gerrythedon 10-30-03 02:37 AM

Originally posted by sq240
She looks like she could be Jennifer Garner's little sister.
Damn, I made the same comment after the show to my Hommie.

Rogue588 10-30-03 02:43 AM

This was an amusing episode. Gunn pissing all over the place was funny. I guess everyone is slowly realizing that W&H are subtly changing them..

MrX 10-30-03 03:15 AM

Other then then the part where they were under Lorne's spell this was another lame episode.

Judging by the preview for next week it doesn't look like it's going to get any better.

Tscott 10-30-03 03:23 AM

Personally, I loved it. Very fun episode. This is what I love about Angel, along with other shows like Buffy, Xena, etc. They are willing to mix it up a bit with both comic and dramatic episodes. It makes the entire series and its characters richer somehow, IMO. It doesn't have to be The End Of The World every week, you know.

Lara Means 10-30-03 04:08 AM

20 minutes into this episode i thought to myself "What the f**k am I watching?" I couldn't believe what Angel has turned into. Sure, I laughed later in the episode, but come on! Where the hell are the Fang Gang fighting evil doers? What the heck happened with helping the hopeless? What about the Powers that Be? The visions? Doyle died in vain!!!! I remember Joss said he moved the crew to WR&H because he was sick of seeing the inside of the hotel. Well, sofar the insides of WR&H are dull and uninteresting. btw, Harmony is hot.

garmonbozia 10-30-03 06:12 AM

Originally posted by Lara Means
I remember Joss said he moved the crew to WR&H because he was sick of seeing the inside of the hotel.
ugh, I already dearly miss the inside of the Hyperion.

mlemmond 10-30-03 07:34 AM

Decent episode but it is getting tired fast. Missing the brooding violent Angel, Cordellia, loner & unethical Wes. They need to get rid of Fred, and the whole law firm thing. I'm not sure about Gunn.

LiquidSky 10-30-03 07:39 AM

Get rid of Eve!!!! Disappointing episode.

das Monkey 10-30-03 08:10 AM

It's not just me, is it? This show used to be really good, right? I don't have any great problem with last night's episode, as it had some funny parts, and a silly break around Halloween time is expected, but the season on the whole is so m'eh.

das

ChrisHicks 10-30-03 09:51 AM

this show is chasing away its loyal viewers in the hope of bringing in new ones. way too many changes.

Lateralus42 10-30-03 09:53 AM

Ratings are up overall, so I guess the most of you are wrong. Angel was once kind of a cheesy soap opera, it has changed this year to something much better.

LiquidSky 10-30-03 10:12 AM

Originally posted by Lateralus42
Ratings are up overall, so I guess the most of you are wrong. Angel was once kind of a cheesy soap opera, it has changed this year to something much better.
So, a show with high ratings= a good show? Yeah, right.

Adam Tyner 10-30-03 10:37 AM

Originally posted by das Monkey
It's not just me, is it? This show used to be really good, right? I don't have any great problem with last night's episode, as it had some funny parts, and a silly break around Halloween time is expected, but the season on the whole is so m'eh.
Not just you. I might have liked last night's episode a little more if Angel were a half-hour show, but there's continually just not enough substance to warrant its length, and with the lack of subplots... I thought last night's episode had a few decent moments, but as a whole, it was excruciatingly dull. The only reason I bother watching is because I have a crush on Amy Acker.

DaveNinja 10-30-03 10:49 AM

my wife liked the part where the juicebox-demon said "pee pee", kept making me rewind it. of course she is 12. I kid!

Astro 10-30-03 12:01 PM

Originally posted by Lara Means
Where the hell are the Fang Gang fighting evil doers? What the heck happened with helping the hopeless? What about the Powers that Be? The visions? Doyle died in vain!!!!
Agreed! Angel has only showed his vampire face once this season I think? Come on, does it cost that much to do the shot? He's a vampire. Have him change when he's fighting, sigh.

Helping the hopeless... They've done this a couple times, but the show seems to be shifting towards helping the evil clients so they don't bring about the apocalypse.

The episode; I liked it, and was entertained (as I have been with the prevous episodes of this season). Spike was noticably not a ghost this episode, which seemed odd after the large focus that has been so far this season. I guess the budget was spent on giant hulk Lorn and the horned demon crew.

ChrisHicks 10-30-03 12:15 PM

well, I guess it's a good thing that we prob. won't see Willow in an ep. since the writers would prob. just have her "magically" whip up Angel some new hair gel or something.