The O.C. episode 8

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The O.C. episode 8

Old 10-28-03, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The O.C. episode 8

Looks you guys were right about
Spoiler:
Marissa's mom leaving the show (moving to San diego)

I like this show. They also had another comic book in this episode. This episode seemed to make Ryan look like a superhero,only thing missing is the costume.
Old 10-28-03, 12:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
About frickin' time this is back. I've been going through O.C. withdrawal.
Old 10-28-03, 01:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Geofferson
About frickin' time this is back. I've been going through O.C. withdrawal.
FX had an O.C. marathon on Saturday morning - that may have eased your pain for a while.

W/ this coming back tomorrow - Wednesday nights are going to get even more crowded.
Old 10-28-03, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Thanks to the FX marathon I finally caught up on shows that I had missed. I'm really glad The O.C. is coming back but B.A.hist is right, Wednesday is already crowded. It will still probably do well in its timeslot, but it will be hard to find time to watch it. I guess I will just have to bust out one of my old VCRs to catch all my shows.
Old 10-28-03, 10:49 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Damnit, I didn't know about the marathon, and I never saw the pilot yet.
Old 10-29-03, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

No matter how old I get, every time I think I'm going to graduate
to shows like "The West Wing", some teen drama pulls me back
in. Thanks O.C.

Seth reminds me of Tom Hanks in all his early 80's slapstick comedy movies etc.

Marissa (Mischa Barton) was on the short-lived but great
show "Once and Again."
Old 10-29-03, 12:52 PM

I dig this show even though the main character has about as much charisma as a rock
Old 10-29-03, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Thanks to the Wednesday night move, I may just dump this show. I figure the way they pimped the shit out of it during the playoffs, they'll find a way to reair all the eps anyway.

das
Old 10-29-03, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Somebody should give the main dude some acting lessons or atleast some different facial expressions. BlackIce and Mango shouldn't be the same!
Old 10-29-03, 07:51 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Hey did you guys know that Marissa was in "The Sixth Sense". She was the ghost Haley Joel Osment helped out at the end, the little girl that was poisened by her mom. Sorry if you knew that already, but i just found out.
Old 10-29-03, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

"It's pronounced Ti-juana - you're so white, Mom." Seth Rules.
Old 10-29-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts
Why do I watch this show? I seriously don't get it.

But I do.
Old 10-29-03, 11:42 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Legend

Hey Ryan didn't hit anybody this ep.

Seth had some great lines tonight.

I liked the exchange him and his father had at the end.
Old 10-30-03, 01:05 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I like the Seth and Summer interactions alot. And Ryan is cool, he kind of has the brooding thing going on
Old 10-30-03, 01:17 AM
DVD Talk Legend

A true guilty pleasure; so predictable but I'm still watching!
Old 10-30-03, 01:27 AM

Well it was a great episode. The writing (witty one liners) is top notch.

It's Tiajjjjjuana. Mom you're so white!

And yes, Marissa's mom is a total beotch. But if she weren't there would be no fireworks in that family.

And you may have noticed that the high school scene was filmed at Occidental College here in Eagle Rock, CA, a suburb of Los Angeles. That was where they filmed Beverly Hills 90210. I should know, I went there for the first time about 3 months ago and I recognized the campus area, where they were shooting.

Can't wait for next weeks episode!

Edited to add : I didn't like Summer in the beginning, but we are seeing that she is not really that shallow and boy did she have hot legs tonight

Chris
Old 10-30-03, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by mrpayroll
I didn't like Summer in the beginning, but we are seeing that she is not really that shallow and boy did she have hot legs tonight
Her character is growing on me, too. That girl is sexy as hell and she has great chemistry w/ Adam Brody - their eye contact is great.

Luke helping the gang rescue Marissa from the hospital was cool,and I was happy that he was only in the ep for a milli-second.

Hopefully we'll see Julie Cooper go soon and we can see the storyline move on...

Can't wait to see the cute, short-haired comic-book chick next week.
Old 10-30-03, 08:22 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

"Captain Oates, can we go now...."

Seth is the coolest, has has some of the best lines on the show. He kinda strikes me as unpredictable, as opposed to the other characters that you know what they will do next.

i am glad the ex-bf wasn't a total ass this week too!
Old 10-30-03, 08:35 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by mrpayroll
And you may have noticed that the high school scene was filmed at Occidental College here in Eagle Rock, CA, a suburb of Los Angeles. That was where they filmed Beverly Hills 90210. I should know, I went there for the first time about 3 months ago and I recognized the campus area, where they were shooting.
Well isn't that a coincidence - I always feel like I am watching an updated version of BH 90210, just in a different county. But it used to be my favorite show when I was younger, so maybe that's why I like The O.C. so much.

I would definitely have to agree that Seth is the best character on the show. With his one liners and ADD-like behavior he becomes the most charasmatic.

Summer definitely grew on me also, but I always thought she was hot. Man, I loved that skirt
Old 10-30-03, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Great stuff. Immediately recognized the high school from BH90210. Summer looked fantastic.
Old 10-30-03, 10:22 AM
DVD Talk God

BTW, I hope that Melinda Clarke returns and becomes a regular. How can you have a soap without a bad guy or girl?
Old 10-30-03, 10:44 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
BTW, I hope that Melinda Clarke returns and becomes a regular. How can you have a soap without a bad guy or girl?
Well, it didn't seem to me like she (Melinda Clarke) wanted to move to San Diego, just send Marissa to a mental ward there. I have a feeling she'll stick around...she can't me Mistress Heather on CSI forever. Plus, she's good at being a raving bitch! I enjoy her character very much. I love how Ryan said "You're from Riverside, aren't you?" and she got all bent out of shape. What a great show. And Seth is continually funny...making fun of Peter Gallagher's eyebrows was hillarious at the end there.
Old 10-30-03, 10:48 AM
DVD Talk God

Originally posted by Vegas9203
Well, it didn't seem to me like she (Melinda Clarke) wanted to move to San Diego, just send Marissa to a mental ward there. I have a feeling she'll stick around...she can't me Mistress Heather on CSI forever.

Well I would hope she would have the time to be a regular on The O.C. and do one episode per season of CSI as Lady Heather.
Old 10-30-03, 11:17 AM

this show is great................. but it was finally ruined for me with this episode when Summer said she had read Madame Bovary 5 times....... come on now, next to moby dick that is the most boring book in our literary canon...... way over the top to be believable.
Old 10-30-03, 11:46 AM

Originally posted by fourwalker
this show is great................. but it was finally ruined for me with this episode when Summer said she had read Madame Bovary 5 times....... come on now, next to moby dick that is the most boring book in our literary canon...... way over the top to be believable.
That was slightly annoying...like all of a sudden she's into literature and is actually a nerd, etc...so that she can relate to seth...I like their relationship the way it is! He pines and makes fun, and she bitches and loves it! I still love the show.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.