DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   The Lyon's Den 10/26/03 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/326372-lyons-den-10-26-03-a.html)

Patman 10-27-03 08:15 AM

The Lyon's Den 10/26/03

While I had a hard time taking Steven Weber seriously as a "Hannibal-wannabe" at least there are enough subplots brewing along that make this show watchable.

Malloy is looking like he's going to be the key to Barrington's mysterious death.

Will Ariel be able to turn the tables on Grant after he knows she's digging into his past, and not Jack's?

Will George make it home at a sane hour?

So what did happen to that guitar-plucking intern/paralegal who had Barrington's journal?

Red Dog 10-27-03 08:29 AM

Re: The Lyon's Den 10/26/03

Originally posted by Patman

Will George make it home at a sane hour?

This show is fine. Nothing great, nothing bad. I only wanted to comment how boring this particular storyline is - yep, dramas have never done the overworked husband and father ignoring his family.

Pretty funny you know all the characters name already. I could only remember Jack's when I opened this thread. :lol:

Patman 10-27-03 01:57 PM

IMDB...

ENDContra 10-27-03 02:04 PM

^ Same here...I keep wanting to call James Pickens Jrs character Deputy Director Kersh ;)

spainlinx0 10-27-03 04:16 PM

I didn't even realize I didn't know any of their names until it was brought up in this thread. Of course I have been watching the Wire, and I don't think I remember any character names there except for Barksdale.

Red Dog 10-29-03 12:11 PM

Well looks like it will be harder to remember the character's names. NBC is putting The Lyon's Den on hiatus during sweeps. In its place is, surprise surprise, more Law & Order.

Wednesday, October 29, 2003 - 9:40 AM
NBC Drops 'Lyon's Den' for Sweeps
By Brian Ford Sullivan

CHICAGO (thefutoncritic.com) -- Just two days after announcing its November sweeps schedule, the Peacock has already revised its plans, opting to drop its freshman drama "The Lyon's Den" during the period.

Repeats of "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" will take the place of "Den" for three of the next four weeks. NBC's telefilm "Saving Jessica Lynch" was already scheduled to pre-empt the Rob Lowe-led drama on November 9. NBC executives stress however that "Den" isn't canceled and is expected to return in December. The series joins fellow freshman "Coupling" and sophomore drama "Boomtown" on NBC's bench.

For its five airings this season, "Den" has averaged 10.1 million viewers, down slightly from "Boomtown's" average during the same period last season (10.7 million). Last Sunday, "Den" snagged 8.8 million viewers, down more than 28% from its debut numbers (12.3 million).

Patman 10-29-03 12:21 PM

Geez...I really hate L&O now. Can't get away from it, or any of its spin-offs!

MrX 10-29-03 05:47 PM

"Den" has averaged 10.1 million viewers, down slightly from "Boomtown's" average during the same period last season (10.7 million). Last Sunday, "Den" snagged 8.8 million viewers, down more than 28% from its debut numbers (12.3 million).
You have to the love the fact that a show NBC had no faith in drew better numbers then the drama they spent the entire summer hyping up.

ENDContra 10-30-03 12:56 AM

Dont these networks realize that when you dont have an episode of a show for a month, that you lose viewers? You know that there will be a ton of people that will forget about the show over a months time. And how do reruns of Law and Order any variety do well? THEYRE RERUNS! Maybe Im stupid, but I would think that something that is new would do a lot better.