DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Miss Match 10/24 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/326046-miss-match-10-24-a.html)

lisadoris 10-25-03 06:23 AM

Miss Match 10/24

Well NBC psyched us out and only gave us one episode last night instead of two.

Those of us who watch Alias were happy to see what Bradley Cooper's been up to and even with that hideous fake tan he still looked good :).

Once again a cute episode though I have to ask: who spends over $80,000 on a wedding? You know what I could do with eighty grand? But that's beside the point.

Crush guy wasn't that visible this tiem though from the previews, he'll be around next week.

Thoughts?

Patman 10-25-03 07:25 AM

If you ever saw the Fox special "Bridezillas" you'd know that folks in NYC spend a buttload on weddings as well.

Good to see Will (From Alias) get some work (and fake sun).

Where have I seen that girl that got set up with Michael?

Victoria looked pretty hot in her Halloween outfit.

I also had recorded the 8 p.m. show because I thought it was going to be 2 episodes of Miss Match. I did not need the Dateline interview with Pamela Anderson...

Jadzia 10-25-03 05:39 PM

I thought that this was the best episode yet. I loved seeing Alicia Silverstone as "Cher" :lol: That was a nice little shout-out to all of us who still call her Cher from her Clueless role.

I also LOVED seeing "Will Tippin" again. He looked good! I never thought he was that yummy on Alias, but now I think he needs to come back on that show and mend Sydney's broken heart.

I liked seeing Alicia Silverstone get with a guy and have her disappointed like that. She is such a romantic and it rang true that she would get wrapped up in a new romance and not think more about her job and the consequences of her actions. I liked that the writers showed her character to be flawed. I think the main complaint I have seen of the show thus far is that it lacks "bite" and I think this episode had that.

Also funny that they made fun of metrosexuals right after the South Park episode that did the same thing.

writteninstars 10-25-03 08:27 PM

I think the main complaint I have seen of the show thus far is that it lacks "bite" and I think this episode had that.
I completely agree. It was refreshing to see her make a really human mistake.

Plus, ain't nothin' wrong with Bradley Cooper in a towel.

Jericho 10-26-03 12:23 AM

Re: Miss Match 10/24

Originally posted by lisadoris
[B]
Once again a cute episode though I have to ask: who spends over $80,000 on a wedding? You know what I could do with eighty grand? But that's beside the point.
[B]
I read a study recently that said the average wedding cost $30,000. Makes you think. I guess if you have an $18,000 ring (if I remember correctly), then an $85,000 wedding makes sense.

Static Cling 10-27-03 11:16 PM

I finally got around to watching this show, and I was actually really pleased. Looking forward to catching the next one. Although is Alicia Silverstone too skinny now? (Personally, I never thought she looked overweight.)

(And does this mean that Will Tippin can come back to Alias? I like that character a hell of a lot better.)

immortal_zeus 10-28-03 12:15 AM

I thought this episode was okay, but it was the weakest one of the season so far.

I swear that last week the previews for this show made it look like Alicia was going to set herself up with Michael. Instead, it looks like next week's show is about that. :confused:

Definitely weird seeing the dude from Alias. That tanning method must be pretty popular since it was in a recent episode of Friends.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

Static Cling 10-28-03 05:31 AM

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
I thought this episode was okay, but it was the weakest one of the season so far.
How funny... someone earlier in the thread said it was the strongest so far. :)

I swear that last week the previews for this show made it look like Alicia was going to set herself up with Michael. Instead, it looks like next week's show is about that. :confused:
Maybe because this week, they were supposed to show two episodes, and they only showed one?

Definitely weird seeing the dude from Alias. That tanning method must be pretty popular since it was in a recent episode of Friends.
Seriously. Down to the same machine, too. And speaking of... I hated the tan that Alicia got. She looked better before.

immortal_zeus 10-28-03 06:28 AM

Originally posted by Static Cling
How funny... someone earlier in the thread said it was the strongest so far. :)
People aren't allowed to have differing opinions? :confused: :p

Originally posted by Static Cling
Maybe because this week, they were supposed to show two episodes, and they only showed one?
Oh. I didn't know that. I guess that would explain it.

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif