DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Kid Notorious Series Premiere (10/22) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/325627-kid-notorious-series-premiere-10-22-a.html)

Groucho 10-23-03 07:04 AM

Kid Notorious Series Premiere (10/22)

Did it suck? You bet your ass it did!

PalmerJoss 10-23-03 07:27 AM

I really wanted to like it, I really did. I mean, I loved The Kid Stays In The Picture, so why wouldn't I like this? It's jokes were terrible--the only time I laughed during the entire episode was when the butler got beat up--and Evans was just a walking cliche. I definitely will not be checking out next weeks episode.

Jason 10-23-03 07:31 AM

Terrible.

JestersTear 10-23-03 09:22 AM

As I posted in the South Park thread (before I noticed this thread), I haven't seen something this bad on Comedy Central since "Let's Bowl" or "That's My Bush."

cerial442 10-23-03 10:35 AM

They moved Reno 911 for this?

PalmerJoss 10-23-03 11:06 AM

Originally posted by JestersTear
As I posted in the South Park thread (before I noticed this thread), I haven't seen something this bad on Comedy Central since "Let's Bowl" or "That's My Bush."
While I agree with you that the show was crap, I have to disagree about That's My Bush. That show was so frickin' hilarious--I was so pissed when it got cancelled, and I keep hoping that it will be released on dvd.

Giles 10-23-03 11:40 AM

I guess I am in the minority here, its okay, but not great.

Pants 10-23-03 12:12 PM

The jokes were so old. It was particularly embarassing to have all this hip-hop talkin' gangsta jokes follow South Park where Chef derided white co-opting of black slang.

It's funny to here Evens do the material, but it was really not funny.

Boot 10-23-03 01:38 PM

Well I Tivo'd this. Sounds like I don't have to bother.

Jepthah 10-23-03 03:21 PM

C'mon, how can you not love "Puss Puss"? :lol: So random.

Yeah, pretty much everything else about it was lame.

chesola 10-23-03 03:35 PM

I must be the only person who liked this. I thought it was pretty funny.

Fielding Mellish 10-23-03 03:54 PM

Did it suck? You bet your ass it did!

Quote of the day. Hands down.

spoon81 10-23-03 03:54 PM

Eh, I kinda liked it too. The animation was cool, most of the jokes a bit old, but I thought puss puss was one of the best animated cats ever. At the very end: "You still holding, puss puss?"

Doesn't hold a candle, though to other post-SP shows I've liked (Reno 911, Strangers with Candy). And I thought it was a lot better than the new Ren & Stimpy and Gary the Rat.

Chew 10-23-03 05:20 PM

:down::down:

JestersTear 10-23-03 08:04 PM

Originally posted by spoon81
Eh, I kinda liked it too. The animation was cool, most of the jokes a bit old, but I thought puss puss was one of the best animated cats ever. At the very end: "You still holding, puss puss?"

Doesn't hold a candle, though to other post-SP shows I've liked (Reno 911, Strangers with Candy). And I thought it was a lot better than the new Ren & Stimpy and Gary the Rat.

Almost anything is better than the new Ren & Stimpy and Gary the Rat, including elective oral surgery.

Jadzia 10-23-03 09:53 PM

I just watched it, and maybe I had lowered expectations after reading this thread, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I love Puss. I could just watch a whole show about that cat! She stole the show.

I did also laugh at some of the inside Hollywood humor.

I think the show has a lot of potential.

flashburn 10-23-03 10:30 PM

Originally posted by Jadzia
I think the show has a lot of potential.

Exactly what I was thinking. Here is to hoping the following episodes are better.

MasterofDVD 10-23-03 10:40 PM

I was upset when I missed its first showing

Then I was upset when I got to see the second showing.

I watched half of it and I'll never bother again.