Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Nip/Tuck 10/21 Season Finale

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-03, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Nip/Tuck 10/21 Season Finale

Yeah, I looked up the word "owned" in the dictionary. I found only this picture:

Old 10-21-03, 10:29 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts
Haha

Great season finale. Some great music in tonight's episode too. I may have missed something, but didn't Julia get the results of her paternity test a few episodes back? I remember her going over to Christian's to tell him that Matt was his son, but she decided not to.
Old 10-21-03, 10:33 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Received 256 Likes on 193 Posts
Christian's baby I felt bad for him afterwards because he was really looking forward to being a father.

I was hoping Shaun would have killed Escobar but the way they got him in the end was great.

Overall a great season finale.
Old 10-21-03, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

She thinks Matt is Christian's, but she's not 100% sure. Maybe we will never know? Julia knows now though. Will she tell Sean or Christian in Season 2? Prolly not.
Old 10-21-03, 10:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can someone please tell me what happened at the airport right at the end? The damn ReplayTv stopped recording at that point!!! AAARRGGGHHH!!!!
Old 10-21-03, 11:10 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by pdutta2000
Can someone please tell me what happened at the airport right at the end? The damn ReplayTv stopped recording at that point!!! AAARRGGGHHH!!!!
Well if what happened to me, happened to you, you saw it in the beginning!

Nip/Tuck overran by about 3 minutes and since I Tivo the episode @11 (I get SVU @10), I was treated to the end of the 10:00 ep before the 11:00 started! I had NO idea what was going on! Just thought it was a cool way to start the show. That is until I decided to just watch the 11:00 episode live and saw the ending (again). Didn't make it any less entertaining though. :-)

Sam
Old 10-21-03, 11:13 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

The face they gave Escobar was the same as another criminal that was wanted for bank robbery and murder. He was arrested for that guy's crimes.
Old 10-21-03, 11:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by pdutta2000
Haha man that exact same thing happened to me!! I was so pissed. Fantastic Season Finale though!
Old 10-21-03, 11:49 PM

Season Finale was a Letdown

Frankly, I was a little disappointed. The series is great and I love condensed seasons, but the show almost threw too much stuff at you and then tied it up too neatly at the end. I mean, look at just some of the highlights that happened over the course of a season (spoiler tags included for those who haven't seen the entire season):

Spoiler:
[list=1][*]Both doctors cover up a murder of a pedophile[*]Christian admits to being molested as a child (clearly foreshadowed in premiere)[*]Matt performs a circumcision on himself very poorly[*]Julia questions the paternity of Matt's father[*]Christian acts like a misogynist to Kimber and Gina[*]Sean has an affair with a breast cancer victim[*]Both doctors deal with a rival who markets more effectively[*]Matt has a threesome with his lesbian girlfriend[*]Christian deals with swinging/S&M/sexaholism while dating Kimber[*]Julia gets pregnant and "intentionally" has a miscarriage[*]Sean develops tolerance for and acceptance of transsexuals[*]Matt runs over a devoutly Christian girl and hides the fact[*]Christian delivers a child that he clearly isn't the father of[*]Both deal with an evil drug kingpin who they turn in to the feds[/list=1]

This is enough storylines to last two or three seasons on some series. I enjoy the writing and definitely want to buy the soundtrack based on what I heard in the first eleven episodes and the last song in the season finale.

However, it seems that the writing slipped during the final two with them saying, "Okay, enough, we're tired, let's wrap it up." The major problems that I had were the following:
  • After Christian's breakdown that he accepted money for being molested, I would expect some personal growth. Instead, he sells Kimber at the beginning of the next episode for a car.
  • Escobar Gallardo is a bad@$$ MF. I think that it's highly unlikely that Escobar would let them get away clean. I hope creator Ryan Murphy brings back the original Escobar back so that Christian and Sean face (no pun intended) the potential repercussions.
While I grew up in the eighties, it seemed like the writers either having a flashback or were watching a little too much VH1. In the final two episodes we heard Sunglasses at Night, Blinded Me with Science, Cars - the song and the band! For me, these songs had a little too much baggage too have been included, but maybe they don't mean anything to the under-25 demographic.
Old 10-21-03, 11:54 PM
MrX
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Season Finale was a Letdown

Originally posted by Barings

Spoiler:
[*]Matt runs over a devoutly Christian girl and hides the fact
That's one thing that bothered me was they never wrapped up that story. They just forgot about it the last few episodes.
Old 10-21-03, 11:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
I thought I was gonna kill someone when I watched it tonight, and they are at the airport, and BLUE SCREEN. I had the VCR record the hour, and watched it during the replay, but had to delay due to family issues. Thank goodness the same thing happened to you guys so I could find out what happened.
Anyone else curious as to what Pepe will do?
Old 10-22-03, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I had a gut feeling that was going to happen to Christian. Anyway good series, I hope it returns.
Old 10-22-03, 03:50 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Re: Season Finale was a Letdown

Originally posted by Barings
Frankly, I was a little disappointed. The series is great and I love condensed seasons, but the show almost threw too much stuff at you and then tied it up too neatly at the end.
I thought the quality of the show remained but am in agreement with how much and quickly everything was thrown together. I felt like I missed a handful of episodes about twenty minutes into it as it became apparent that it was wrapping everything up. Almost like they didn't have a commitment for any further episodes and wanted to bring some resolution to everything.

If this was the way every episode had been handled I wouldn't have enjoyed it. About 6 months of time went by in two episodes yet the characters and their situations didn't progress.

Also, I missed the episode before this (baseball) as I often catch the re-airings rather than on Tuesday 10PM but I never saw them show it again. Did they? I checked daily but they kept showing earlier episodes.
Old 10-22-03, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I thought it was a good episode, but I rolled my eyes a bit at the ending. I'm able to suspend disbelief to a point, but the ending asked for a bit too much I think. So he looks like another criminal, but his fingerprints will be different, his bloodtype will be different, his DNA will be different...Are we just supposed to ignore all that and assume everything is wrapped up neatly? Sean and Christian never would have put themselves and their family in certain danger like that just to get revenge. It made for a "cool" ending, but it was too unbeleivable to swallow. I would have preferred a more realistic wrap-up to that story line.
Old 10-22-03, 08:07 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts
He would have changed his fingerprints, I am sure his old ones are on file, but his DNA would not necessarily be on file, and he may have the same blood type. That said I had the same feeling as you, this is the type of guy that would not sit in a federal pen and just lament about how they got the last laugh.
Old 10-22-03, 08:14 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
What a fantastic finale! Bobolit and giving the dog CPR. Christian's face when he pulled out the black kid was priceless. Then what they did to Escobar - awesome!

Again, a major thumbsup to the music. It is like I am listening to Flash FM on Grand Theft Auto Vice City.

Thank goodness I watched this live (actually watched the encore showing) since it ran over by 5 or minutes. My Replay would not have caught it.

Boot - when they run the fingerprints and DNA, he'll get nailed as Escobar (since Escobar was also on the most-wanted list). They just needed a way for him to get picked up since he probably was in hiding for the most part. Far far better to get him this way than by killing him.

I can't wait for the DVD.
Old 10-22-03, 08:27 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Red Dog
Boot - when they run the fingerprints and DNA, he'll get nailed as Escobar (since Escobar was also on the most-wanted list). They just needed a way for him to get picked up since he probably was in hiding for the most part. Far far better to get him this way than by killing him.
That's a good point. Although I still have to ask whether Escobar would just call one of his henchmen from jail and tell him to handle it.

Maybe I'm just being too picky.
Old 10-22-03, 08:36 AM

Originally posted by Boot
That's a good point. Although I still have to ask whether Escobar would just call one of his henchmen from jail and tell him to handle it.

Maybe I'm just being too picky.
And that will probably be one of the plot lines for next season.
Old 10-22-03, 09:01 AM
DVD Talk God

My guess is that we see some henchman in S2.
Old 10-22-03, 09:13 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
10/21/03 season finale

Utterly thoroughly enjoyable season finale.

I about laughed up a lung when Christian's "son" was born. The look on Christian was priceless. Oh my, what a great setup/payoff for the past 3-4 episodes.

The resolution of the whole Escobar ordeal was good.

So is Matt really the son of Christian, it's up in the air, but I still lean that way, and when Sean finds out, he's going to be thrown for a loop next season (if the writers go this route).
Old 10-22-03, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Chopper
And that will probably be one of the plot lines for next season.
Granted, which is why it makes me question whether S&C would have done that in the first place. But I'll stop now. I'm picking on the plot points, but I did really enjoy the episode and am looking forward to next season.

Off topic...did I hear correctly that FX is rerunning the entire two seasons of The Shield beginning next Tuesday?
Old 10-22-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk God

Off topic...did I hear correctly that FX is rerunning the entire two seasons of The Shield beginning next Tuesday?

I thought I saw that too. However, when I checked my Replay Channel Guide, I didn't see any indication of it.

I hope this is correct. I have never seen the Shield and did not want to invest in the DVDs. With Nip/Tuck's season over and Boomtown probably never coming back, I can pick up another show, particularly a police drama. I hope they run it at 11 pm though, otherwise, I won't be able to record it.
Old 10-22-03, 10:14 AM

Thanks for the recap guys...need to start watching this show live instead of using the replaytv.

As for the show itself...

1. I liked Escobar a lot...thought he added a lot to the show and will miss him next season...although I'm sure we will see Ortiz and his henchman.

2. During the dinner table scene...I looked at the table as 2 families; Julia, Christian and Matt and Julia, Sean and the little girl(can't remember her name). Julia needs to decide which family she wants. Of course, she could just keep the paternity test a secret.

I can't wait for the Season 1 DVD to come out.
Old 10-22-03, 10:34 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Best season finale EVER!!!

So he looks like another criminal, but his fingerprints will be different, his bloodtype will be different, his DNA will be different...
Those things are not necessarily on file. This guy was a fugitive for committing several crimes, but if he's never been arrested in this country before they wouldn't have a record of his prints, bloodtype or DNA.

Consider also that Escobar may not want to reveal his true identity if the rap this guy is wanted for is less severe than the one he's actually wanted for.

Regarding henchmen coming after Christian and Sean, maybe, but it's also possible that someone like Pepe could use this as their opportunity to take over the organization. Escobar basically no longer exists. Other than Pepe and the doctors, no one knows it's really him. He's not going to have the same power in prison as he may have if he'd been caught under his real face.

I am a little disappointed the way the hit & run storyline was completely dropped in the last couple of episodes, but this was a fantastic finale that had me rolling on the floor during both the baby delivery and the airport scene! I loved it.
Old 10-22-03, 10:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by MrX
Christian's baby I felt bad for him afterwards because he was really looking forward to being a father.

I was hoping Shaun would have killed Escobar but the way they got him in the end was great.

Overall a great season finale.
I agree completely... the baby scene was sweet...the look on Christian's face was classic...after that biatch had treated him so bad..

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.