Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

CSI: Miami (10/20): Will Jay Mohr ever have a normal career?

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-03, 10:38 PM

Received 798 Likes on 521 Posts

With the Crock guy last week and 'sleazy-*insert job title here*' as played by Jay Mohr in this week's episode, looks like the Dade County crew are trying to pull sweeps early.

While I liked the episode okay (about a 6.5 out of 10), I found the people in the case more annoying than the CSIs.

Snot-nosed rich kid, sleazy lawyer, overly-protective detective, and pick-yourself-up-again father really killed this ep for me.

Speedle was on one.

Delco was trying to be nice.

Cain left the SGs off for most of the ep.

and Cali was an over-the-top air-head yet again...

And the creepy-ME wasn't nearly as creepy -- as she was in the rerun of L&O:SVU that I caught her on last week on USA.

No preview for next week that I saw... maybe they are thinking the World Series is gonna go past Game 6 and take out Monday night... I sure hope not.
Old 10-21-03, 09:32 AM

Received 97 Likes on 80 Posts
So, so episode last night. You're right about the annoying people in the episode last night. Typically, it's the CSIs who come off as arrogant and smug, but wasn't the case last night. You're right about Jay Mohr though - his career is all over the place now.
Old 10-21-03, 09:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
An episode that has Calleigh's father on the road of recovery, only to turn into a setback as the evidence blasts his case out of the water. The personal life of Calleigh is creeping into her professional life.

The main case brings in Jay Mohr in a guest-starring stint, and he's still so smarmy and unlikable in this episode as well. Jay was so smarmy that he out-smarmied Horatio, and I thought that was impossible!
Old 10-25-03, 04:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, I remember when I thought he was going to be the next big thing. It was around the time Jerry Maguire and Picture Perfect came out. Starring with Tom Cruise (in a Cameron Crowe feature when Cameron Crowe was good) and Jennifer Aniston were excellent decisions.

Then he killed his career with a ZAZ (Zucker-Abrahams-Zucker) move (even though only Abrahams was involved). Sure, Airplane and Police Squad was funny, but starring in movies like Jane Austen's Mafia will stop any professional development for an actor that wants to be taken seriously dead in its tracks. Just look how Charlie Sheen's career went for the three or four years after he did Hot Shots.