Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Average Joe previews on NBC........

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-03, 01:48 PM
Suspended

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, most of the Average Joe's that NBC picked didn't have charm or very good personalities. I remember one of the guys (the large guy with the sun burned face from Dallas) saying something like 'Hey, this is my chance to get me some hot a**'. Dennis was probably the only one that I found to have a good personality, but man he looked like a freak.

These new guys are attractive and may possibly have great personalities to boot. The average joes aren't anything special.

Zach is an a**hole!
Glasses guy (John I think?) is weird and already thinks he is in love with her.
Adam (Joey Tribiani lookalike) seems like the only nice guy.

John also said 'its like when I am talking to a girl at a bar and then some punk walks in'. Come on!! What an idiot! They need to have more self confidence. The only good thing about Brad was his self-confidence. He took it to far though. He was definately a freak.
Old 11-21-03, 06:20 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by kmac
Well, most of the Average Joe's that NBC picked didn't have charm or very good personalities. I remember one of the guys (the large guy with the sun burned face from Dallas) saying something like 'Hey, this is my chance to get me some hot a**'. Dennis was probably the only one that I found to have a good personality, but man he looked like a freak.

These new guys are attractive and may possibly have great personalities to boot. The average joes aren't anything special.

Zach is an a**hole!
Glasses guy (John I think?) is weird and already thinks he is in love with her.
Adam (Joey Tribiani lookalike) seems like the only nice guy.

John also said 'its like when I am talking to a girl at a bar and then some punk walks in'. Come on!! What an idiot! They need to have more self confidence. The only good thing about Brad was his self-confidence. He took it to far though. He was definately a freak.
Pretty much sums up my thoughts. Average Joes? Only if you live in freak-ville. They went out of their way to find weird-looking or psychotic guys, and except for Adam and Dennis, none of them were even nice. If they had truly just gotten average-looking guys with great personalities, I would have been rooting for them. But as they cast it, the only one I have really been rooting for is Adam.

Must say when the first two "hot" guys walked in I was grinning ear to ear - that third guy is just WEIRD looking and not hot at all. Zach's reaction was priceless - as was Melana's.

This show may not be "good", but it sure is fun.
Old 11-24-03, 09:49 PM
Banned

omg wtf is with this fat girl taking off a mask??
did anyone see that preview part?

i bet they make the guys go on a date with her and its melana in the mask??
Old 11-24-03, 09:51 PM
Banned

Spoiler:
out = alex + john
Old 11-24-03, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I ever met john in real life, it would be a struggle not to kick his ass. Goddamn, I cannot stand him.

I love how she asked Jason if he ONLY likes girls.
Old 11-24-03, 09:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I made the call on the two who were cut about halfway through the show.

The South American guy was just a little too strange (hanging out his girlfriend's house for six hours?), and John was just too needy. He actually worries me a little, he's not a postal carrier in real life, right?

As for the remaining guys, I think it will be between Jason (the model that she thought might be gay), and the average joe who is a stock trader.

"Joe Millionairre" and her just didn't seem to click, and the other average guy also didn't seem to click as well.
Old 11-24-03, 11:01 PM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm going to have nightmares about Alex's giant teeth tonight.

I didn't know it started 30 minutes earlier this evening. What did I miss?
Old 11-24-03, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Agreed ... I'll be staying up all night for fear of Alex's giant teeth killing me in my sleep.

Quote of the night from Alex: "I like girls who like God ... and animals. [smiles]" WTF?

Zach continues to be a walking stereotype. "I'm not really an a-hole ... I just act like that all the time ... but, see, really, I have built up a wall ... because I'm sensitive, see ... and you ... only you have the power to change me."

Poor John ... he just doesn't get it. Maybe with time. I'm a bit surprised she didn't continue to drag him through on the sympathy card, especially considering how Joe Millionaire wasn't interesting at all, but his obsession with her probably needed to be stopped now.

I wonder when she'll realize everyone thinks Zach is an a-hole because HE IS. He has a lot of positive qualities, but they don't make up for some of his actions. I'm guessing she figures it out around their 3rd wedding anniversary, after at least one kid is born. Then they can make the kid's life miserable as well as each others'.

das
Old 11-25-03, 01:08 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

OMG, this show cracks me up! John's insecurities just spewed forth like a volcano. He was trying so damn hard to keep a cap on it. He was so desperate to convince himself that he was still in it that he managed to convince Melana to get him out. I had an even harder time watching him talk to Melana than when I saw Brad in the limo with her. That was possibly the most painful moment of television I have ever witnessed.

Next week looks to be great too!
Spoiler:
The use of the spy cam is GREAT! I wonder if Melana will be able to see it? In the preview they show Zach calling her cousin a big fat ugly chick!
Oh wow, just when I had soured on reality TV! lol
Old 11-25-03, 01:12 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts
I'm really shocked she still eliminated John even after seeing him in that stylin' green jacket.
Old 11-25-03, 09:03 AM

Adam is really funny, the part when he's talking about the new development going up, but it said 12 new models to arrive.

Zach reminded me of high school, when the dorky kid tries to make friends with the cool kids. He just wasn't in his element and the new guys noticed it.
Old 11-25-03, 09:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Sheesh - I don't think I have ever seen anyone sweat like Adam did playing hoops.

Quote of the night from Alex: "I like girls who like God ... and animals. [smiles]" WTF?
I laughed so much when I heard this.

Watching John interact with Malena is painful. Purely cringe television.

Next week does look very interesting.
Old 11-25-03, 09:21 AM
Banned

Originally posted by RoyalTea
If I ever met john in real life, it would be a struggle not to kick his ass. Goddamn, I cannot stand him.

I love how she asked Jason if he ONLY likes girls.

Is it just me or does Jason look like the kid from 'Facts of Life' towards the end of the series.... just before it was cancelled

Mackenzie Astin
Old 11-25-03, 09:34 AM
Suspended

As of now, I am rooting for Jason. He is good looking and seems to have a good personality (at least what I have seen).

Second, I like Adam. He is really nice, but still kind of a dork. Zach is just an a**hole.

John is a freak. He needs to find someone in his own league. Also, he needs to lose the glasses, get a nicer haircut, shave the goatee, workout, dress nicer and get some sun. He would be better looking then and could possibly get a good looking girl.

I cringed every time they showed the scene of her kissing him for the first time. Girls like to be complimented, but that scene was disgusting. He acted like he had never been kissed before. He was not in love; He was infatuated. I am glad she got rid of him. Plus, he called the good looking guys 'Punks'. That offended me.
Old 11-25-03, 09:48 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth kmac •<HR SIZE=1>He needs to find someone in his own league. Also, he needs to lose the glasses, get a nicer haircut, shave the goatee, workout, dress nicer and get some sun. He would be better looking then and could possibly get a good looking girl.<HR SIZE=1>

Agreed. He also needs to change his name, get taller, become good at sports, take some classes at the community college, be adopted by new parents, and learn to play piano. With these small changes, then he'll be genuine enough to get a good looking girl.

das
Old 11-25-03, 10:09 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by das Monkey
Agreed. He also needs to change his name, get taller, become good at sports, take some classes at the community college, be adopted by new parents, and learn to play piano. With these small changes, then he'll be genuine enough to get a good looking girl.
Ha Ha....true.

I do not get it! He needs to come back to earth or something. He does not have a shot at a girl like that. She is way out of his league.

What does he possibly have to offer her?
Good looks? No.
Lots of money? Doubtful.
Good personality? You be the judge of that.

Just because he supposedly has a good personality (which IMHO he doesnt), that doesnt mean she should pick him. So far, Jason seems to have a good personality and he is good looking.

Plus, he seems bitter. He blames good looking guys (or punks as he calls them) as foiling his chances to score a hot girl. He is definately clueless.
Old 11-25-03, 10:16 AM
Suspended

I also found it humourous when Alex started crying. He was the worst looking of the new guys.

I got tired of hearing him talk about how girls need to see past his good looks.

'Don't hate me cause I'm beautiful!'

He did have nice abs though.
Old 11-25-03, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by das Monkey

Quote of the night from Alex: "I like girls who like God ... and animals. [smiles]"
das
I haven't watched it yet, but I can't wait to see that! I don't really watch this for the suspense. The last couple weeks I've let you guys screen it for me first to see if it would even be worth watching

Personally, I think Adam's got this in the bag unless he does something to screw it up. Zach is bound to blow it before this is over. And even though she rightfully kicked weasel Brad off, he probably helped plant seeds of doubt in her mind.

Last edited by Roto; 11-25-03 at 11:32 AM.
Old 11-25-03, 11:30 AM

Originally posted by Red Dog
Sheesh - I don't think I have ever seen anyone sweat like Adam did playing hoops.
That was nothing, my least favorite part of playing pickup basketball games is the inevitable comments about how drenched I am - really sucked in HS when we'd play games with girls from the basketball team. He was right about getting fouled a lot, too. I hate when people get away with hacking to prevent you from making a layup on them, and you somehow look like a whiner for mentioning it.

I am so glad John is gone, he really has way too high an opinion of what he has to offer as a man - and I'm not talking about looks, either, he is seriously underdeveloped socially (and believe me, that means a lot coming from me). Malena is a woman, not a girl, and John is still a boy.
Old 11-25-03, 12:56 PM
Suspended

Originally posted by lucasorion
Malena is a woman, not a girl, and John is still a boy.
John is still a nerd.
Old 11-25-03, 09:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The shows doesn't outright suck, and it's more of a "can an average joe attract this lady given the temptation behind door number 1, 2 or 3?" My problem is that I don't really have a favorite to root for in this whole exercise, so it's mainly for the trainwreck/insecurity issues on display.
Old 11-26-03, 07:12 AM

Originally posted by kmac
John is still a nerd.
I know, but I don't think nerd is adequate - I've seen supernerds with much better awareness of the signals from the ladies, hell, they become highly attuned to the secret language of "You're such a nice PERSON" and "Can you help me with my math homework?"
Old 11-26-03, 08:50 AM
Suspended

Originally posted by lucasorion
I know, but I don't think nerd is adequate - I've seen supernerds with much better awareness of the signals from the ladies, hell, they become highly attuned to the secret language of "You're such a nice PERSON" and "Can you help me with my math homework?"
He just didn't understand the signals from her. She obviously was not into him as a potential boyfriend.

She showed the slightest interest or attention to him and he instantly thought that there was a connection.

She had to be weirded out by his reaction to their first kiss. It was almost like he had never kissed anyone before.
Old 11-26-03, 12:45 PM
Banned

I should have posted this sooner but.......I know who wins...

Spoiler:
Adam wins..also him and zack are very good friends in real life, from before the show.....adam and malena do not wind up together
Old 11-29-03, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I find this show highly entertaining.

I do hope malena ends up with the worst possibe candidate (Zach) so she'll pay for being such a twit.

As that would be a lot more fun that having a short relationship with a nice, sincere guy (Adam)

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.