TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Survivor 7: 10/9/03

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-03, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Survivor 7: 10/9/03

Whoa, what a betrayal:

Drake finally "loses" an immunity challenge, and in a new twist, Morgan was able to "borrow" one of the the Drake tribe and basically extend immunity to that one survivor up until after the next reward challenge. Morgan was smart enough to "borrow" Rupert.

Then at Tribal Council, Sean voted to boot out Burton, along with everyone else except for Burton and Michelle, who were expecting Jon and Sean to help boot out Christa.

So Burton got the heave-ho, and Jon is calling himself the puppet-master.

Last edited by Patman; 10-10-03 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-09-03, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is Jon the most annoying person on Survivor ever?! I can't stand him!!! It's awful how he tries to be funny and just is not...you can tell that he gets on Probst's nerves...

very interesting episode this time....

Last edited by Vegas9203; 10-09-03 at 08:51 PM.
Old 10-09-03, 09:20 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was shitting bricks during tribal concuil (sp). For some reason Christa is a cooler Drake member then most the others.
Old 10-09-03, 09:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I can't stand Jon either. I wanted to reach thru my tv and stuff a sock in his mouth.
Old 10-09-03, 09:29 PM

Burton got what was coming to him. What a stupid move. "Lets blow a challenge!"

Jon's playing a dangerous game. It won't take everyone very long to figure out he's the double agent. Neither side is going to trust him. A drunk puppetmaster isn't a very good one.

That treasure was a let down.

Morgan: Oh my. Just when you think you understand how worthless they are...

Tijauana, what the hell were you thinking? Take the damn mask with you when you're diving underwater! Its usually beneficial to be able to see when you are searching for something underwater. What Osten did next may have been worse. He took the mask, but didn't put it on! And then he goes and decides he can't swim?

Next week:
Spoiler:
Rupert teaches Morgan how to fish!
Old 10-09-03, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
"Are you Loaded?"

Classic.
Old 10-09-03, 10:00 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts
Ok, WTH? From last week's teaser on the CBS Survivor website:

+ Lubricated by whiskey, one Survivor creates a spectacle at a Tribal Council that is not to be missed.

So, not only do they put a spoiler for both challenges on their own site, but it is false advertising as well?

And Morgan, what morons! The tide starts coming in higher and higher. So what do they do instead of moving their shelter? They spend just as much energy building a sand barrier that will just get washed away over and over again.
Old 10-09-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ok... so the next time they better ditch the tool, Jon.

If they vote off my Christa, I'm not watching anymore.
Old 10-09-03, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Location: City of the lakers.. riots.. and drug dealing cops.. los(t) Angel(e)s. ca.
Must agree. only real eye candy left.
Old 10-09-03, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I think Probst is as po'd at Jon as we are.. I thought he was going to burn a hole through Jon with that look he was giving him.

He has to be the next to go.

I am starting to really like the Morgan tribe, although rupert is def the man.
Old 10-09-03, 10:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think Rupert is the only person I like on that tribe. Everyone else seems kind of blah. This episode was different because they featured a bunch of people we haven't really seen yet.

I thought the editing seemed off. I was having a hard time understanding who was "aligned" with who on the tribe and what was going on with the voting. Why was Christa such a target all of sudden? Why was Burton campaigning to get rid of her so strongly? I know she has an annoying voice-- but why did he think she was such a threat?

So basically they were pissed at Burton for suggesting they throw the challenge? So why did they go along with it then-- just to get rid of him?

Things happened in this episode that confused me, everything happened so fast.
Old 10-09-03, 10:56 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

That Jon guy is a freekin a-hole....he can't go soon enough for me...
Old 10-09-03, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Rupert and Christa are the only ones I'm rooting for. Drake should have just picked off Morgan off one by one. I hate the fact that Morgan tribe now has an ounce of happiness and hope by getting Rupert, I wanted all of them to suffer through the whole game.
Old 10-09-03, 11:12 PM

I wonder if Burton suffered the backlash from losing them Rupert. Everyone was okay with the loss, until that happened.

Hopefully they've learned: Throwing challenges is stupid. Now Morgan is going to be all upbeat, and with Rupert's assistance, a good chance at winning the Reward Challenge.

I'm still not warming up to Morgan. Andrew irritates the crap out of me, and I still can't believe nobody's turned on him. He's just not a good leader, yet he doesn't seem to realize it.

Jon is irritating (Drunk at tribal council. Real smart, buddy), but I don't want him gone before Morgan is obliterated.

Last edited by Jlbkwrm; 10-10-03 at 04:12 AM.
Old 10-09-03, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I don't get all the Jon hate. I think he is the most interesting person on the show other than Rupert. I don't understand why Probst seemingly got pissed at him at Tribal Council either.
Old 10-10-03, 01:08 AM

The most surprising thing for me was that the other marketing manager clone voted against Burton. I thought for sure he would stick with his pod-mate.

Wonder what's going on with him? That girl whose name i don't know and who I can't remember saying anything that voted for Christa is toast.
Old 10-10-03, 02:39 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 69 Likes on 58 Posts
Originally posted by Blaster1
I don't get all the Jon hate. I think he is the most interesting person on the show other than Rupert. I don't understand why Probst seemingly got pissed at him at Tribal Council either.
What about his cocky, a**hole attitude like he owns the damn place? I dislike Jon a lot and hopes he gets either booted or traded over to the loser Morgan tribe with osten. Jon was an a** the way he did a dance while he went up to vote.

Throwing in that "borrowing" one member seems like the producers again trying to "balance" the teams. They probably knew beforehand with the interviews that Drake was going to throw the immunity challenge so they added this bonus which I don't think they have done before or would have if Drake hadn't told them about dropping the immunity.

Also, it was day ten and the Morgan tribe finally takes their spear to go fishing? WTF. These people are brain-dead.
I also think they should not have been allowed to leave with the machete or the spear as the other team was coming over to take one of their possessions. The teasers made it sound like they were going to lose something important/personal. You won't believe what they take ... I guess they were talking about Rupert cos the lantern sure is more important than the last water pot *NOT!*
Old 10-10-03, 06:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
This whole thing, for the most part, has to be fixed. If I'm on Drake, I take that water pot, no matter what. You've basically secured them never winning another challenge, and probably would all have to quit because of dehydration. Knowing this, I'm sure the people that run survivor told them they couldn't take the pot.

And then they let them "borrow" a member for winning immunity. And what would have happened had Morgan lost. So Chowderhead is right, they fixed it cause they knew Drake was going to throw the challenge.

Its almost like i'm over at my friends house watching Pay-Per-View boxing (for free of course ).
Old 10-10-03, 07:42 AM

Originally posted by chowderhead
What about his cocky, a**hole attitude like he owns the damn place? I dislike Jon a lot and hopes he gets either booted or traded over to the loser Morgan tribe with osten. Jon was an a** the way he did a dance while he went up to vote.
That's precisely what I dislike about him so much! He was acting like he was the most powerful person there, which on Survivor, it's always dangerous, let's not forget Christy getting a little too cocky in Survivor the Amazon. And like Probst said, he has no respect for anyone. He's trying to be what Rob was to the last Survivor (entertaining and funny!), and he's failing miserably!

Once I got past Christa's voice, I really started to like her and root for her. And I was shocked that Burt's meathead buddy voted against him...serves him right for throwing the challenge. And for once I felt a little bad for Morgan since even when they won the challenge, it was only because it was thrown!

And when will they realize Andrew is the worst possible leader, EVER! He's awful. I do appreciate Tijuana's attitude. She is always positive and doesn't give up, I like that about her. Osten is completely useless, who goes on Survivor and doesn't know how to swim?!

Overall, a great episode!
Old 10-10-03, 07:53 AM

Did you guys and gals catch the spoiler for the next episode...they showed Rupert with his fishing spear at the morgan tribe....so i am guessing morgan wins the next luxury challenge with rupert and they pillage the spear....of course i could be wrong
Old 10-10-03, 07:59 AM
Banned

Osten's shorts fall down, causing everyone to take time to remove their shorts..they lose the challenge.
Osten ends up putting more water in his own boat by standing up in his boat...they lose the challenge.
Osten cries about going home...
Osten can't hold the rope...they lose the challenge.
Osten can't swim...they lose the challenge.

They kept him around WHY exactly??

FS
Old 10-10-03, 08:03 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
What a boring group of people. Just from memory, I can only think of 2 people's names on this one so far - Rupert and Osten.
Old 10-10-03, 08:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
At this point, had Morgan lost, I think Osten should have been given the boot because he's pretty much one of the biggest buffed waste of space that's been on Survivor in a long time.

Burton has no one else to blame but himself by reading the political climate of the camp, and suggesting that insane idea of throwing immunity competitions to boot off an irritating survivor. Big strong guys can't play that game, not like the more "physically weaker" players can slip under the radar once "politics of the weak" gain up on the stronger players in terms of the vote process for elimination.

Jon doesn't bother me because he's doing exactly what the producers casted him to do: stir up the pot, and play alliances off from each other. But players like these rarely make it all the way through.

Last edited by Patman; 10-10-03 at 08:14 AM.
Old 10-10-03, 08:21 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 70 Likes on 46 Posts
Anyone else getting tired of Rupert's "If this were a pirate culture...." quotes?
Old 10-10-03, 08:43 AM

Originally posted by cdollaz
Anyone else getting tired of Rupert's "If this were a pirate culture...." quotes?
Not nearly as much as tiring of Jon and his "I am the puppetmaster".

Come on...Randy "Macho Man" Savage impersonations? He should get voted off for bad taste alone.

-doc

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.