Reload this Page >

Craig Kilbourne trying out for Wolves

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-30-03, 11:23 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Not sure if this is a TV Talk or Sports discussion, but since he's on TV, I'll put it here.

I caught the very end of the news last night and they said something about Kilbourne trying out for the Wolves. They showed Flip Saunders (wolves coach) asking him to come to training camp. Then the news people said he was going to be in camp on Monday and Tuesday.

Obviously its a joke, but its kind of cool. Does anyone know more details about this? How it came up? I know Kilbourn is a Minnesota guy, but I didn't hear anything about this in the local media and I can't find anything in the paper.
Old 09-30-03, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Craig Kilbourne trying out for Wolves

Originally posted by Joeboo835
Not sure if this is a TV Talk or Sports discussion, but since he's on TV, I'll put it here.

I caught the very end of the news last night and they said something about Kilbourne trying out for the Wolves. They showed Flip Saunders (wolves coach) asking him to come to training camp. Then the news people said he was going to be in camp on Monday and Tuesday.

Obviously its a joke, but its kind of cool. Does anyone know more details about this? How it came up? I know Kilbourn is a Minnesota guy, but I didn't hear anything about this in the local media and I can't find anything in the paper.

well...you do realize Kilborn did play college basketball, so he is probably taking this very seriously
Old 09-30-03, 12:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Location: Formerly known as Groucho AND Bandoman/Death Moans, Iowa
Received 368 Likes on 262 Posts
Yeah, but he's also 41. 20 years ago I was the world's best finger painter, but I'm not exactly itching to try my hand at making a career at it now.
Old 09-30-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, no way is he taking it seriously, otherwise he'd try out for the Clippers. Sounds like a good bit for his show though
Old 09-30-03, 01:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Montana State University must be proud.
Old 09-30-03, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Craig Kilbourne trying out for Wolves

Originally posted by Joeboo835

This happens all the time & NO Kilborn is NOT trying out for the Timberwolves. He was just invited to training camp. He gets to train with the team is all that happens. Garth Brooks did it with the Mets couple of years ago & celebrities & non-athletes do this kind of thing all the time. It's just a way for franchises to give celebs that are openly fans of the teams an honor & also get a lot of publicity at the same time. Kilborn is from 'sota, played college ball, was a sportscenter anchor so it's a logical movie by the Timberwolves.