Reload this Page >

Angel Season 5 Premiere

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Angel Season 5 Premiere

Old 09-29-03, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angel Season 5 Premiere

Being President of the Australian Buffy and Angel club, i have been privileged to be given a preview of the first two episodes of Season 5 Angel.

Great start to the new season !

Here are my thoughts

Spoiler:
First episode has the team getting used to Wolfram and Hart. Gunn has a special procedure to inject his brain with knowledge of the law, both human and demon, making him in effect a super lawyer. Im not sure i like this, seems a bit too much of a reach to make Gunn more useful. The dilemma of being in charge of Wolfram and hart is outlined, they have to keep the place running which means helping evil clients so it's a case of balancing which evil is worse and which they can let go. Episode ends with Spike appearing from dust out of an amulet

Spoiler:
Second episode is great and centres around Spike who is a kind of ghost and Angel. Angel has to take on a powerful necromancer and it is teased whether spike will turn on Angel or not, in the end they both team up to defeat the necromancer. Great chemistry between spike and angel, character development should be interesting. Two new characters this season are the return of Harmony which i think is a bad move, and this new girl who is Angel's Personal Assistant and his go between between Angel and the senior partners. The new setting in Wolfram and Hart has a lot of potential, should provide some interesting evil villians and storylines
Old 09-29-03, 08:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wasn't too impressed with Eve's debut. Particularly since she's replacing the great Stephanie Romanov. I've never seen Sarah Thompson in anything else before, but she didn't come off as a very good actress. Plus, am I the only one who thinks she's a little too young for the role?

I actually liked the addition of Harmony to the cast. But I've never had a problem with the character. If you didn't like her before, then yes she'll still annoy the piss out of you since she's hasn't changed a bit(other than no longer feeding off of humans).

"Just Rewards" kinda threw me for a loop. The Angel/Spike relationship played out exactly as I expected, but the final scene was a surprise. For all of you(myself included) who thought Spike's arc was complete on Buffy, apparently that's not the case. At least not if you like happy endings.
Old 09-29-03, 08:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler tags mate !
Old 09-29-03, 10:25 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by Original Desmond
Spoiler tags mate !
What exactly did I spoil that isn't already common knowledge? The additions of Spike, Harmony, and Eve to the cast were revealed a while ago. And I'd like to think my comments about "Just Rewards" were ambiguous enough to not give away anything important.
Old 09-29-03, 10:58 PM

For everyone out there both episodes are on Kazza....
Old 09-30-03, 02:11 AM
DVD Talk Legend

or BT or IRC but we can't talk about that