DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Without A Trace 9/25 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/320171-without-trace-9-25-a.html)

tanman 09-26-03 02:30 AM

Without A Trace 9/25

I thought it was a pretty solid opener. Nothing too wild but still really good. I saw the twist coming though. Didn't know exactly what but it was a little obvious.

I think we might see something happening to Jack's kids in the future. I like that they are starting to develop his character a little more.

I must have missed a couple eps. What happened to her leg? Did she get shot?

Also who is the father. I know him from somewhere...

djbrown 09-26-03 08:26 AM

What was the name of the song that played several times during this episode?

Goldberg74 09-26-03 08:28 AM

Re: Without A Trace 9/25

Originally posted by tanman
I think we might see something happening to Jack's kids in the future. I like that they are starting to develop his character a little more.
I got that feeling too.

I must have missed a couple eps. What happened to her leg? Did she get shot?
In the two-part season finally, during the hostage crisis in the Bookstore, Samantha got shot in the leg. Jack went in and traded himself for her, so that she could get medical attention. Methinks she's going to get hooked up with Martin on the rebound.

Also who is the father. I know him from somewhere...
The dad was played by Christopher McDonald (Flubber, Quiz Show, The Skulls). He did a pretty good job.

The mother was played by Jayne Brook (John Doe, The District, Kindergraten Cop).

Her son was also the kid on Taken.

Originally posted by djbrown
What was the name of the song that played several times during this episode?
"Mad World" by Gary Jules.

mapson 09-26-03 08:47 AM

Pretty good start of the season.

Couple of questions...

Did anyone find Sam quick to shoot because she did not want to be shot again or was it appropriate? I remember the first shooter pointing the gun at her but I do not remember if the second drew a gun.

Did they show the bus driver coming out with the children? I did not remember seeing him.

B.A. 09-26-03 08:53 AM

Originally posted by mapson
Pretty good start of the season.

Couple of questions...

Did anyone find Sam quick to shoot because she did not want to be shot again or was it appropriate? I remember the first shooter pointing the gun at her but I do not remember if the second drew a gun.

Did they show the bus driver coming out with the children? I did not remember seeing him.

Yeah, the second pulled out a gun and that is why Martin dropped him, I think.

The driver was one of the last people out of the container.

I thought it was solid opener as well. I liked the tension between Jack and Sam. Congrats to Martin, who looks like he might finally hook up w/ Sam.

I agree that something is going to happen to Jack's kids in the near future.

das Monkey 09-26-03 09:06 AM

Solid opener. Good but not great. They need to step it up a notch IMO to get to where they were last season. Still, a very good show.

das

Goldberg74 09-26-03 09:23 AM

Next week's show looks creepy. Hector Elizondo guest stars as a priest, that disappears, who needs a liver transplant.

jasonp5 09-26-03 09:28 AM

The dad is shooter mcgavin from Happy Gilmore!

das Monkey 09-26-03 09:31 AM

Does Hector Elizondo ever guest star as something other than a Priest? ;)

das

Patman 09-26-03 09:53 AM

I thought it was a little too obvious the writers were setting us up for a "Jack's kids go missing" storyline.

Poppy wasn't all that convincing as a still shell-shocked Sam.

I need to go back and re-watch the last 10 minutes (I passed out, even while watching the HDTV broadcast due to the tar fumes in my office while the building gets a new roof).

Goldberg74 09-26-03 10:10 AM

Originally posted by das Monkey
Does Hector Elizondo ever guest star as something other than a Priest? ;)

das

The only other one I can think of was his shot on the now defunct "Miracles"... but that wasn't a guest star...

tanman 09-26-03 11:38 AM

Originally posted by Patman

I need to go back and re-watch the last 10 minutes (I passed out, even while watching the HDTV broadcast due to the tar fumes in my office while the building gets a new roof).

That's probably not a good thing.

Quake1028 09-26-03 01:00 PM

Good show. Didn't really like how they tried to blame it on the kids videogame playing, but what do you expect.

:drool: Poppy Montgomery

BlackCapTen 09-26-03 02:15 PM

The song played in this episode (Mad World by Gary Jules) is from the film Donnie Darko - not sure if it was composed for Donnie Darko or if Donnie Darko simply used it.

HotThang 09-26-03 07:16 PM

Originally posted by BlackCapTen
The song played in this episode (Mad World by Gary Jules) is from the film Donnie Darko - not sure if it was composed for Donnie Darko or if Donnie Darko simply used it.
I thought it was Everybody Hurts by REM. Do they sound similar or am I just losing my hearing? :-) (or was I watching another show????)

Sam

movieking 09-26-03 07:41 PM

They do sound somewhat similar, but they are definitely different. I instantly remembered it from Donnie Darko when it first started to play at the beginning.

I liked the episode, but it wasn't as good as some of the episodes from last season. I think that there is deinitely better to come...

Jadzia 10-05-03 09:39 PM

Originally posted by BlackCapTen
It's a cover of a Tears for Fears song.

The original version appears on their 1983 album "The Hurting", which was their first album (before 1985's huge "Songs for the Big Chair" went platinum plus).

It was a single and also appears on their greatest hits CD.

Patman 10-05-03 11:15 PM

Mad World by Gary Jules - this song is just haunting as hell!