TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

E.R. - 09/25/03 - Season Premiere

Old 09-25-03, 10:41 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E.R. - 09/25/03 - Season Premiere

YES!

Spoiler:
Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead! Luca's Dead!

Old 09-25-03, 10:48 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wasn't Carter supposed to leave the show last season?
Old 09-25-03, 10:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
don't count your chickens before they're hatched Clark...

BTW...I missed the first half hour...was that scene with [what looked like] Kerry in a car upside down in this ep..?
Old 09-25-03, 10:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
also
Spoiler:
I don't think too many fans/viewers will be pleased with yet ANOTHER trip to Africa...if indeed, next week's entire ep centers on Carter..
Old 09-25-03, 10:59 PM

CRAP!

Spoiler:
I think he may still be alive... Damnit. I knew it was too good to be true. The scenes for next week were a dead giveaway. And they didn't have the dramatic music playing, and a montage of Luca smiling (an ER tradition) ... so i think its a false alarm.

I've decided the only way this show can redeem itself is if George Clooney and the Corpse of Mark Green storm into the ER and shoot up the place. The only character that doesn't depress me me is Romano, and he's walking around with one arm! What a trooper! Carter is still great, but he really needs to get stabbed again. Some sort of plotline that doesn't include abby and her incredible ability to suck the life out of this show.
Old 09-25-03, 11:02 PM

Originally posted by Rogue588
I missed the first half hour...was that scene with [what looked like] Kerry in a car upside down in this ep..?
Wasn't Kerry. That pissed me off too. It was a mom who was cast just because she looked like Kerry.

You know a show is getting bad when you have nothing but bloodlust for all the characters.
Old 09-25-03, 11:11 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

ah. damn. gotta love those NBC promos. I really wish I could find a way to avoid 'em alltogether..

do you think that could be part of the problem with some shows..? since 9 times out of 10 they build up false expectations..
Old 09-25-03, 11:27 PM

This was weak. I hope the rest of the season gets better. I dont like the new girl
Old 09-25-03, 11:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by ClarkKentKY
Wasn't Kerry. That pissed me off too. It was a mom who was cast just because she looked like Kerry.

Count me among the fooled too. It's so bad that I try not to watch NBC promos anymore.

Spoiler:
C'mon folks, Luka ain't dead until we see the body. We all should know this!

Honk!
Old 09-26-03, 12:06 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't start watching this until last season, so I can't compare it to earlier seasons, but I liked it. I like the new girl, and welcome another episode or two set in Africa. And I'd prefer that
Spoiler:
Kovac is still alive somewhere.
Old 09-26-03, 12:07 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It's about time for Frank to drown in his tub.
Old 09-26-03, 12:21 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Bartertown due to it having a better economy than where I really live, Buffalo NY
Luca's off playing a gladiator in some new movie. Saw a picture the other day from the filming.

and at the risk of sounding like a male pig
I'd hit the new girl
Old 09-26-03, 12:23 AM

Originally posted by mikehunt

and at the risk of sounding like a male pig
I'd hit the new girl
Ditto.

Is Frank the guy that made the TWA comment? He's quite the ass.
Old 09-26-03, 12:29 AM
Admin Emeritus

Originally posted by Buck Turgidson
It's about time for Frank to drown in his tub.
Was he a little/lot more abrasive in this episode than in the past? Usually he's just a slacker and thinks he's the boss (right?), but he seemed a little more hateful in this episode. He works with Chen, Gallant, and whoever-Omar-Epps-plays, but he waits for the Indian med student to unleash his racism? What did Jerry do this episode? Felt like he didn't do much more than smile and give Nila (I think that was the med student's name) looks like "Yeah, he's a big fat idiot... but what are ya gonna do, huh? Ah, kids..."

But finally, an Indian med student that looks like she will be one of the main players. Now we're starting to get realistic.
Old 09-26-03, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Static Cling
Was he a little/lot more abrasive in this episode than in the past?
He's been slowly but steadily drifting from Irascible Crank to Outright Bigot for a while now.
Old 09-26-03, 12:40 AM

Is it me or did I see a huge flub in this episode. The new girl is seen taking blood from the old woman on her left arm. Now moments later, the old woman bleeds out! And the camera shows the blood flowing from the woman's right arm??? Blood all over the floor to the right side. What the heck?
Old 09-26-03, 02:12 AM
Admin Emeritus

I erased the episode, but I noticed that, too. I forget her exact problem, but maybe something was in her right arm, so Neela had to take the blood from the left arm? I dunno. I was wondering why they kept on going close-in to the blood that she was drawing.
Old 09-26-03, 02:16 AM

Originally posted by Static Cling
I was wondering why they kept on going close-in to the blood that she was drawing.
I know right. One of the ones that the show wants to keep us viewers guessing. When the camera kept closing in-and-out, I kept on thinking "is there maybe something in the old woman's blood?".
Old 09-26-03, 02:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Don't suppose anyone happened to tape/tivo it and would be willing to send me a copy? Frigging cable decided tonight would be a good night to go out....
Old 09-26-03, 03:02 AM
Banned

Originally posted by NitroJMS
Wasn't Carter supposed to leave the show last season?
Noath Wyle is signed through season ten. I know someone else on the show is too, but I forgot who. Stringfield, I think?
Old 09-26-03, 03:13 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I thought it was a pretty good episode.

I really did like the Indian girl though. Very cute. I hope they don't mess up her character.

Yeah I don't know if Luca is dead. Not dramatic enough really. Dr. Green's death was much more well done. Of course he never really came back from the dead.
Old 09-26-03, 03:23 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I liked it.
Old 09-26-03, 03:46 AM
Admin Emeritus

If anyone wants to be spoiled about Luka:
Spoiler:
He's not dead.

And I didn't realize that Neela is the star of Bend It Like Beckham. I think it'd be cool if Gallant and Neela got together... at the very least, it'd get Gallant more screen time. But there are probably rules against doctor-med student relationships, and Gallant's such a straight shooter that he'd follow them to the letter.

Oh, and Pratt needs to get spayed. That horndog leers at anything in a skirt.
Old 09-26-03, 06:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I haven't watched the show with any regularity in quite awhile but caught the season finale last week and then the premiere. Thought the finale was terrific and stayed away from the things I didn't like about ER when I did watch and felt that continued with this episode. There was just the one typical ER situation right around the half way mark when the music kicks in and I started to tune out but it wasn't anywhere what I was used to.

The show looked quite good on my non-HDTV and imagine it looked great in HDTV.

I'm looking forward to them going back to Africa if it is handled as well as the finale. I'm sure it will be back in standard territory soon enough but for now I think they are making some very good tv.
Old 09-26-03, 08:06 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Anyhow, for those who enjoyed Parminder Nagra's new character, Parminder's last high profile role was in "Bend It Like Beckham", of which, the DVD should be hitting stores soon. But you probably won't believe the difference in how she looks between her on ER and in the film (filmed 3 years ago, where she plays a teen on the verge of college, in real life, she's around 28).

Abby can be one cold-hearted beeyotch, but Carter isn't the most emotionally available guy either. They are perfect for each other.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.