DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Let's play Seinfeld obscure character trivia (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/319989-lets-play-seinfeld-obscure-character-trivia.html)

cdollaz 09-25-03 08:36 AM

Let's play Seinfeld obscure character trivia

I'll do the first question, and whoever answers it pose the next one. Here goes:

What is the first and last name of the chairman of the Susan Ross Foundation?

Anyone?

crankyman 09-25-03 09:10 AM

wyck thayer

cdollaz 09-25-03 09:12 AM

Correct!!! Your turn.

Meatpants 09-25-03 10:27 AM

Good topic, no questions :p

After they found his letters to Susan's dad, George began reading one of John Cheever's novels. Which novel was he reading?

Samuel 09-25-03 10:57 AM

Originally posted by Meatpants
Good topic, no questions :p

After they found his letters to Susan's dad, George began reading one of John Cheever's novels. Which novel was he reading?

The Falconer.

Not really an obscure charachter but what is the real name of the charachter known as Maestro?

movieking 09-25-03 11:05 AM

Bob Cobb?

SirPablo 09-25-03 11:26 AM

Sounds right movieking

Meatpants 09-25-03 11:29 AM

The Falconer and Bob Cobb are both right

movieking 09-25-03 11:33 AM

Okay, my turn. A multi-part one:

What was the name of the library cop that was after Jerry, what book was he investigating, and what was the actor's real name?

Rico Diablo 09-25-03 11:47 AM

Originally posted by movieking
Okay, my turn. A multi-part one:

What was the name of the library cop that was after Jerry, what book was he investigating, and what was the actor's real name?

Mr Bookman played by Phillip Baker Hall and the book was Tropic of Cancer

Morf 09-25-03 11:50 AM

This game isn't very hard with the help of Google, you know. I've tried to think of some obscure characters that turned up 0 results in Google searches, but no luck. Too many scripts are online.

Rico Diablo 09-25-03 11:55 AM

Originally posted by Morf
This game isn't very hard with the help of Google, you know. I've tried to think of some obscure characters that turned up 0 results in Google searches, but no luck. Too many scripts are online.
So don't use Google. I didn't. That's one of my favorite episodes and Mr. Bookman might be my all time favorite guest character.

movieking 09-25-03 12:02 PM

I didn't look up my questions, nor did I look up Bob Cobb. Of course you can find the answer if you use Google. That goes without saying. Don't google...

Anyway, Danger1313, you are correct. I loved that episode and the character as well.

Your turn.

Meatpants 09-25-03 12:04 PM

It's trivia, not a scavenger hunt. If someone cheats and looks up the answers to trivia questions posted on a forum, they need to get a life.

What is Elaine's sister's name?

Roto 09-25-03 12:22 PM

It's trivia, not a scavenger hunt. If someone cheats and looks up the answers to trivia questions posted on a forum, they need to get a life.

And if they already know the answer, they don't need to get a life? poor choice of words :lol: ;)

crankyman 09-25-03 12:37 PM

i googled. i just felt sorry for this thread having no responses on it yet. and then it started bugging me who it was.....so i looked it up.

:(

movieking 09-25-03 01:06 PM

I can't remember it. Let's hear the answer and get some more questions going!

crankyman 09-25-03 01:20 PM

name 1 of the 2 jobs kramer mentioned his friend bob sacamano having.

Jobronie 09-25-03 01:27 PM

Originally posted by crankyman
Selling those knock-off fur hats, like the one 'Lanie bought on her expense account for George, and then needed to return....?

cdollaz 09-25-03 01:28 PM

Originally posted by crankyman
Didn't he sell Russian hats (or nutria hats)?

Meatpants 09-25-03 01:33 PM

What is Elaine's sister's name?
Elaine's sister's name is Gail, I think it was only mentioned once (when she sent the "slipped nip" Christmas card to her nephew)

crankyman 09-25-03 01:48 PM

yep...fur hats...and he worked in a condom factory.

cdollaz 09-25-03 02:01 PM

What is the name of the doctor that Jackie Chiles always calls upon to examine his clients?

Meatpants 09-25-03 02:11 PM

Originally posted by cdollaz
What is the name of the doctor that Jackie Chiles always calls upon to examine his clients?
Dr. Byson. Too bad I can't remember the name of Jackie's secretary.

Just after George got engaged, he and Jerry were supposed to go see Firestorm (with Mario Joyner), but Susan wanted to go see a chick flick. What was the name of the movie Susan wanted to see?

movieking 09-25-03 04:49 PM

Can't remember that one. I remember the popular Rochelle Rochelle, but it is not the movie that you are referring to...