Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bachelor Season Premiere - It's Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-03, 10:16 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
I missed the follow-up show last night. Did anyone see it? Anything interesting?
Old 11-21-03, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I taped it, just for the Kelly Jo portion, but I won't watch it until this weekend.
Old 11-21-03, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kelly Jo handled herself very well. She seemed very mature but you could tell she had a few "zingers" at Bob, but they were said very innocently. Such as: she told Chris that Estella "will make Bob a better man". Zing! Also, when Bob was going on about how "hard" it was for him, Kelly piped up "Hello? I was the one who got dumped!" She said it kind of a funny, self-depracating way but you could tell she was miffed.

Estella was wonderful on the show-- she showed a lot more personality than was evident during the season. She was extremely gracious to KJ and greeted her with a HUGE hug. In fact, Chris quipped "I think the wrong two people ended up together." In fact, KJ and Estella had way more chemistry than Estella and Bob had.

Estella and Bob talked about how they want to take it slow, etc. but Bob acted kind of uncomfortable the whole time. I heard a rumor he is dating some Bachelor chick from Season 2 (Gwen?).

Last edited by Jadzia; 11-21-03 at 02:05 PM.
Old 11-21-03, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog
I missed the follow-up show last night. Did anyone see it? Anything interesting?
It wasn't very interesting. Spoilers ahead for the After the Rose episode...

KJo came on and said that she wished Chipmunk and Crow's Feet happiness. She said she's ready to move on with her life and she's ready to give herself to somebody.

Chipmunk was wearing the same damn brown jacket that he always wears. Does he not have any other jackets? For the love of Pete, wear something else loser!

Crow's Feet looked nice. Her forehead wrinkles weren't as apparent. Of course, when she smiled, her crow's feet were there.

Trista and Ryan showed up via satellite from Chicago. They said they're ready to be married so they can start living a normal life. Trista said she's ready to become Mrs. Sutter and Ryan said he's ready to not be Mr. Rehn anymore. I liked him during the Bachelorette, but damn, everytime I've seen him since, his personality seems to be really lacking. I'd even go so far as to say he seems bored and/or boring. Still, I'm glad Trista picked him over the slickster.

They also gave a preview of Trista's bachelorette party and Ryan's bachelor party in St. Martin. Apparently, a couple strippers take Ryan somewhere and he ends up missing for awhile and it appears that Trista is somewhat freaked about it.

I thought that next week's show was the wedding, but Chris (the host) kept saying that they're getting married in a few weeks. So either they taped last night's episode a few weeks ago, or they're actually going to have a few episodes leading up to the actual Ryan and Trista wedding.

Old 11-21-03, 03:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Jadzia
In fact, Chris quipped "I think the wrong two people ended up together." In fact, KJ and Estella had way more chemistry than Estella and Bob had.

Holy shit! THAT would have been an awesome twist. A lesbian ending...
Old 11-21-03, 03:44 PM
DVD Talk Hero

And imagine the unedited DVD possible for that footage could be mighty spicy given all those girls in one house..
Old 11-22-03, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by Jonny2k1
I don't think Kelly Jo will be the next Bachlorette. I don't really know any of the girls stood out enough to be the next, except for maybe Lee Ann. Personally I'm still hoping for Tina Fab.
Spoiler on who the next Bachlorette will be, according to "Watch with Kristen" on E!Online: http://www.eonline.com/Gossip/Kristi...03/031121.html

Spoiler:
"TV Diva Tells All: So, Bachelor Bob finally made his pick, and Estella is "the one." But more important, the latest word on the bit of gossip I told you earlier this week--that Bob's rejectee has been cast as the next Bachelorette --is that it will be Meredith, not the presumed Kelly Jo, who stars in the next show.

Regardless, word is the "reject's" show, which airs Jan. 14, is already in production. All this is according to a reliable source who, as far as I know, has no history of mental illness or hallucinogenic drugs, but only time will tell. For now, ABC is staying mum."

Interesting turn of events...
Old 11-22-03, 03:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

On Oprah's "After the Show" someone asked Kelly Jo if she had been asked to be the next Bachelorette, and she replied "I can't answer that."

Hmmmm.

Did anyone else see the Oprah show? It was funny-- Oprah asked Bob point blank: "If you knew you were picking Estella, why'd you make out with Kelly Jo the night before?"

Old 11-22-03, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Jadzia
On Oprah's "After the Show" someone asked Kelly Jo if she had been asked to be the next Bachelorette, and she replied "I can't answer that."

Hmmmm.

Did anyone else see the Oprah show? It was funny-- Oprah asked Bob point blank: "If you knew you were picking Estella, why'd you make out with Kelly Jo the night before?"

He even made out with her a little bit right before dumping her. WTF?
Old 11-22-03, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I was stunned to find out that Bob Guinney has a CD coming out this Tuesday, and both Circuit City and Best Buy feature it in their weekly ads. It makes you wonder if Bob was just doing the show as a self-promotional deal, and not truly looking for a soul mate (which would make me feel bad for Estella).
Old 11-24-03, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Maybe it's just me, but is this Meredith on the cover of Microsoft Digital Image Pro 9?

Old 11-24-03, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts
Not a big Meredith fan. I think it is a pretty poor choice.