Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

The Bachelor Season Premiere - It's Fat Bob

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-03, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 616 Likes on 495 Posts
Lee Ann is scary, but he's gotta keep her around since she will probably put out.

I'm glad he kept Mary, Estella, and Karin around.
Old 10-02-03, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad Kristi got the boot after her performance at the pool (fist pumping in front of Lindsay)...
Old 10-02-03, 10:29 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Kristi was the 2nd best looking girl on the show (after Misty), I can't believe that moron voted her off.. If he votes Misty off, I have no reason to watch the show anymore.
Old 10-02-03, 01:18 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I don't find Misty or Kristi all that attractive.

Estella's got no fat in her face, it's a little scary looking sometimes.

Jenny sort of creeps me out with her wardrobe.

I felt bad that he booted off Jennnifer, though.

Lanah wasn't that attractive either.

Last edited by Patman; 10-02-03 at 01:53 PM.
Old 10-02-03, 01:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 74 Likes on 48 Posts
I'm with you, Estella is scary looking.

Kristi reminds of one of the midgets on Willy Wonka, with the dark brown skin and bleached blond hair.

Last edited by cdollaz; 10-02-03 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-02-03, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally posted by Officer Cartman
Kristi was the 2nd best looking girl on the show (after Misty), I can't believe that moron voted her off.. If he votes Misty off, I have no reason to watch the show anymore.
Personally i think Misty comes across like an airhead. She doesn't seem all that smart.
Old 10-02-03, 09:09 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The more and more I watch this, the more irritating that Bob is. He was alright on the Bachelorette because he didn't get much screentime (except to show some wacky stunt or tell a stupid joke).

He doesn't seem to be nearly the nice guy that everybody assumed he was. I mean, the dude is making out with every girl! Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but he seems to be really aggressive when it comes to laying the lips on the ladies. Even when the start to pull away, he puts his hand on the back of their head and pulls them closer.

Also, it's disgusting watching this guy get with these somewhat hot women. At least Alex and Aaron were decent looking guys. Bob is just plain fugly.

Old 10-02-03, 11:39 PM
DRG
DVD Talk Legend

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Lee Ann - she reminds me of Katie Holmes' character, Joey Potter, on Dawson's Creek. She looks like a cross between Holmes and Shiri Appleby.
[/B]
Every time I see her I think of April
Spoiler:
the robot
from Buffy season 5.

"You're not my boyfriend!"
Old 10-09-03, 06:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Wow, that was a really enjoyable episode. Even though nobody got voted off (which is a first, I believe), I'm glad that they didn't cut out anything to make this a rose ceremony episode.

At the beginning of the show, I was rolling my eyes because all of the women were so damn emotional at having to vote who they felt were the most and least compatible women. I couldn't believe half of them started crying. And then when Meredith got the horrible news that her grandmother passed away, I was touched that all the women banded together to offer their condolences and to help her prepare for her date with Bob.

That sand castle setting where Meredith and Bob had oysters, champagne, and dinner was awesome! Very, very cool.

Since I love singing karaoke, I really enjoyed seeing Kelly Jo, Misty, and Mary on the pajama karaoke date. Bob is a pretty good singer and his and Mary's duet of "Open Arms" was pretty good. It's kind of weird how emotional all of the women are because Kelly Jo was tearing while Bob and Mary were singing. I also enjoyed Kelly Jo and Misty singing "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun".

Kelly Jo was definitely less irritating this episode and so was Bob. Thankfully, we didn't have to hear his inane laugh too much, though he played tonsil hockey every time he got the opportunity.

Lee-Ann is really starting to get on my nerves. It's fairly obvious that she's not as mature as most of the women, but I guess she doesn't see it that way.

I was always of the mind that the women were not there to make friends--they're there to find a future mate--but I think I've changed my mind. It seems like the women are really bonding and that most of them care about each other. That's why I'm not liking Lee-Ann too much anymore because I think it'd be alot easier for all of them if they all got along. Sure, it's not as exciting if they all get along and there isn't any drama, but for some reason, I want all the women to be nice to each other. Go figure.

Too bad that Lee-Ann gets a one-on-one date with Bob, even though the women voted her least compatible.

I like the candid moments they show at the end of each episode. It was amusing watching the women doing somersaults down the hill and then trying to do somersaults back up the hill.

Old 10-09-03, 07:54 AM
DVD Talk God

I think the women are pretty dense. They should have realized that with reality show twists and the fact that there were 2 one-on-one dates that the least compatible woman would be rewarded with a date.

I love how emotional and catty these women are. Great entertainment!

Meredith definitely scored major points.

Mary is still my favorite.

Last edited by Red Dog; 10-09-03 at 07:56 AM.
Old 10-09-03, 08:04 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Meredith is still my front runner.

Lee Anne reminds of one of those very focused, self-centric females at the age of 12. She's basically a jackass.

I still don't see what's so hot about Misty, she ain't gonna age well.

Bob's got a strange lilt in his voice when he sings.

Last edited by Patman; 10-09-03 at 08:06 AM.
Old 10-09-03, 08:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

If you don't like Journey, you're a damn liar.

LeeAnn is constantly bitching about not wanting drama....and she's the one causing all of it. Pipe down bitch.
Old 10-09-03, 08:43 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Great episode....i think that all four women on the dates will get a rose...three of the women from the 5-some next week and hopefully (fingers crossed) Lee Ann will get the boot...

Don't know what it is but Kelly Jo seems kind of hot to me lately...i need air...
Old 10-09-03, 09:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I have never watched The Bachelor or The Bachelorette before but I decided to watch this one because Bob lives in my town so I thought it might be interesting. I finally have caught up on my Tivo'd episodes.

I think it would be a realy funny idea for a "date" to have Bob show up at the girls' house at like 6 am or something. These women are always so made up and primped so properly, it would be funny for him to see what they look like as they are just rolling out of bed.

I don't think Misty is attractive at all. Her face and hair are both really unnattractive to me. She does have a nice body.

I think Estella is pretty in a Meredith Brooks'y type way, but she looks way older than 28. Mary, on the other hand, does not look all of her 35 years. I wonder if any of these women have lied about their ages? Some of te others look older than their stated ages too, but maybe they just go in the sun too much.

I have to wonder if this show is popular in Utah. I think this is probably the only and make out with 10 girls at the same time. These girls all go on about how "perfect" Bob is, although I tend to think their true "perfect" guy would mainly have eyes for them. These women have definitely idealized Bob befoe the show even began, so I have to wonder if any of their feelings are true and honest. It does not seem to be a good basis for a lasting relationship.

Seeing Bob kissing on all the ladies last night made we wonder if he DOES find a wife from this and they marry and have kids-- this show makes for some awkward home movies. "Look at Daddy!" I had the same creepy feeling watching "Cupid" this summer every time Lisa Shannon got affectionate with her dates and this is even worse.

Last edited by Jadzia; 10-09-03 at 10:02 AM.
Old 10-09-03, 10:46 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Once most of the women gets the boot they don't think Bob's so great anymore, especially if Bob keeps someone they despise.

Latino women tend to age better, Mary's no exception. I think if you have fair skin, and subject it to a lot of sun, you won't look as good in your late 20's, early 30's.
Old 10-09-03, 11:16 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman

Latino women
Latina women.

Latino men.

Old 10-09-03, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Oopsa! Then again, given the TG threads in the Mature forum, you just never know these days, do you?
Old 10-09-03, 12:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Patman
I think if you have fair skin, and subject it to a lot of sun, you won't look as good in your late 20's, early 30's.
I have fair skin and I know I can't handle the sun so I stay out of it. I guess my Dracula-like existence has helped me look younger than 32. People tell me all the time I look 25.

Old 10-09-03, 02:21 PM

Another fine season of Bachelor life. Great comments so far on this thread. Anyone else think that Brooke has got the crazy eyes? She looks like she has them open the maximum width all the time. And her Tammy Faye eyeshadow job is not helping.

Meridith is the sh*t, she automatically got points by not crying during that sob scene at the begining. I feel pretty hopeful that freak Lee ann is going home next week. I know you're not there to make friends, but how about simple respect for others? Go pack your bags and get ready to stalk some new fool.

I think the hilight so far for me was Mary's naughty dancing last show, time to go to my happy place.
Old 10-09-03, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk God

I hope Lee Ann doesn't go anywhere. I don't want to see her win, but her being around makes things a lot more interesting, just like it was with Kirsten on the last Bachelor.
Old 10-09-03, 02:31 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Ummm... that would be excruciating to watch again (a repeat of the snotty brat and the "one" scenario).
Old 10-09-03, 03:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Location: Lounging on the beach in L.A., frappucino in hand...
Originally posted by Red Dog
I hope Lee Ann doesn't go anywhere. I don't want to see her win, but her being around makes things a lot more interesting, just like it was with Kirsten on the last Bachelor.
That's what I was coming here to post: anyone besides me see SCARY similarities between Kirsten on the last Bachelor and Lee Ann on this one?? And, in a way, Jen on the last one and Meredith on this one? The over-confident "I'm not here to make friends" witch vs. the down-to-earth nice girl? Makes me wonder if there's not some pressure to keep Lee Ann because she makes good drama?

Oh, but I agree, if she stays as long as Kirsten did, I might be sick...
Old 10-09-03, 03:45 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I feel like I've missed so much from just missing one episode. I missed last week's, so I didn't see who got voted off.

Lee Ann is super hot, but her personality is so abrasive she needs to get out of there. I don't know how a second grade teacher could be so rude. Hopefully she is nicer to her students.
Old 10-09-03, 03:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

She may be kinda cute, but super hot. Is she really super hot?
Old 10-09-03, 04:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Lee Anne is fakishly cute. I would not trust my children with her in school...

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.