DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   NYPD Blue "Frickin' Fraker" 09.23.2003 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/319678-nypd-blue-frickin-fraker-09-23-2003-a.html)

Rogue588 09-23-03 11:19 PM

NYPD Blue "Frickin' Fraker" 09.23.2003

Frickin' Fraker

The 11th season opens with Andy facing an old foe---and some older demons---during Fraker's trial for gunning down Rodriguez. Meanwhile, the murder of a child molester's brother leads the squad to a pair of suspects with more than enough reasons to kill. Devlin: Chandra West. Haywood: Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon. Fraker: Casey Siemaszko. Sinclair: Daniel Benzali.
Good stuff: Daniel Benzali's back. Finally getting to see Garcelle at work [though, she IS overdue for a nude scene]. Rita's tight sweater. :drool:

Bad stuff: Fraker's such a weasel [and he didn't even SAY anything! :)] & I can't explain it any better, but everyone at the squad felt distant...

Jobronie 09-24-03 06:53 AM

I dunno, I just wasn't too impressed with last night's premiere. I did notice I was able to walk out of the room a few times to do little things/tasks. That never would have happened last year watching LA Dragnet......

Kromax 09-24-03 07:55 AM

I say bring back Medavoy's stuttering problem.

das Monkey 09-24-03 08:09 AM

Odd episode. Everything felt "off" for some reason. It didn't help that ABC's been advertizing how this season would shake the foundation of television history blah blah blah.

Solid stuff, but I agree that it felt distant. Benzali rules, and I like Rita's new do.

das

Red Dog 09-24-03 08:10 AM

It was great seeing Daniel Benzali back and here is another :thumbsup: to Rita and that sweater. :drool:

Jobronie 09-24-03 09:04 AM

Another Benzali fan here. I won't get on my Murder One soap-box this time......

Funny moment for us last night, as Greg and D see the playground in Clifton:
Me(outloud): How did they miss that?
Medavoy: "How did we miss that?"

bboisvert 09-24-03 10:02 AM

Originally posted by das Monkey
Odd episode. Everything felt "off" for some reason.
Yeah, I agree. I can't quite put my finger on it, but I was completely uninvolved through the whole thing.

I think part of it was the 'trial'. Boring and by-the-numbers. No surprises, nothing interesting, and (honestly) nothing that would convince a jury that anything happened other than what did. You have a drunk guy shooting a cop with a holstered gun. End of story.

Of course, they're dragging the trial out into next week too, so maybe it'll get better. At least I hope so.

Kal-El 09-24-03 10:10 AM

Rita = :drool:

Charlie Goose 09-24-03 01:49 PM

I did have a big smile when Sipowicz was on the stand, and Sinclair paused smugly before starting his questions. I half-expected one of them to say, "We meet again, old friend."

http://charliegoose.homestead.com/files/goose.jpg Honk!

Michael Corvin 09-24-03 10:05 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
It was great seeing Daniel Benzali back and here is another :thumbsup: to Rita and that sweater. :drool:
How about Rita and that swimsuit... er Jacqueline Obradors in Six days, Seven Nights. :drool:

B.A. 09-25-03 10:55 AM

Benzali plays the best creepy, ******* lawyer in the world.

Last night's show did seem a little weird though.

:up: to Rita and to seeing Clark's doc-girlfriend again.

Is it just me or did it look like Tony and Rita wanted to jump each other's bones? Hopefully it was just me, because they don't need any more inner-office romance on the show.

Red Dog 09-25-03 11:05 AM

Originally posted by B.A.hist
Benzali plays the best creepy, ******* lawyer in the world.

Last night's show did seem a little weird though.

:up: to Rita and to seeing Clark's doc-girlfriend again.

Is it just me or did it look like Tony and Rita wanted to jump each other's bones? Hopefully it was just me, because they don't need anymore inter-office romance on the show.

Oh I think that is coming. In fact, I thought they were going to originally couple them together instead of her and Clark.

As long as they find some way to get Rita partially naked, I don't care who she does the nasty with. :D

Roto 09-25-03 12:44 PM

This was the first time I've watched NYPD Blue in a long time just because I recently got ABC in HDTV. This episode made me feel like I haven't been missing anything. Cop shows seem so interchangable. The only one I watch lately is The Shield, and even that one has me less interested after the second season.

Jobronie 09-25-03 01:29 PM

Originally posted by Roto
This was the first time I've watched NYPD Blue in a long time just because I recently got ABC in HDTV. This episode made me feel like I haven't been missing anything. Cop shows seem so interchangable.
I dunno. Some of those LA Dragnets last year were pretty compelling......

Kal-El 09-25-03 01:49 PM

As long as they find some way to get Rita partially naked, I don't care who she does the nasty with. :D

I'm with ya especially since I missed last season's "Boxing" episode. Shit.

bboisvert 09-25-03 02:34 PM

Originally posted by Kal Jedi
I'm with ya especially since I missed last season's "Boxing" episode. Shit.
Oddly enough, this is the only one that I managed to catch twice last year (they just reaired it a few weeks ago). Good stuff. Sucks to be punched in the nuts, but then...

B.A. 09-25-03 03:07 PM

Well, you do have a good point there. :D