DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Night of Too Many Premieres (9.23.03) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/319597-night-too-many-premieres-9-23-03-a.html)

das Monkey 09-23-03 04:40 PM

Night of Too Many Premieres (9.23.03)

I'm looking over tonight's viewing list and -eek-

I have nearly 10 hours to watch just on the main networks, not including stuff like <i>Joe Schmo</i> over on cable. Sunday night looks rough too, but it looks like tonight's the big one.

das

Y2K Falcon 09-23-03 04:57 PM

Re: Night of Too Many Premieres (9.23.03)

To save folks a couple clicks (from the premieres sticky):

Tuesday, Sept. 23
8 p.m.: "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" (ABC)
8 p.m.: "Navy NCIS" (CBS)
8 p.m.: "Whoopi" (NBC)
8 p.m.: "Gilmore Girls" (The WB)
8:30 p.m.: "I'm with Her" (ABC)
9 p.m.: "According to Jim" (ABC)
9 p.m.: "The Guardian" (CBS)
9 p.m.: "Frasier" (NBC, one-hour premiere)
9 p.m.: "One Tree Hill" (The WB)
9:30 p.m.: "Less Than Perfect" (ABC)
10 p.m.: "NYPD Blue" (ABC)
10 p.m.: "Judging Amy" (CBS)
10 p.m.: "Law & Order: SVU" (NBC, new timeslot)

Sunday, Sept. 28
7 p.m.: "America's Funniest Home Videos" (ABC, new timeslot)
7 p.m.: "60 Minutes" (CBS)
7 p.m.: "Dateline" (NBC)
8 p.m.: "10-8" (ABC)
8 p.m.: "Cold Case" (CBS)
8 p.m.: "Charmed" (The WB, two-hour premiere)
8 p.m.: "American Dreams" (NBC)
9 p.m.: "Alias" (ABC)
9 p.m.: CBS Sunday Movie (CBS)
9 p.m.: "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (NBC)
10 p.m.: "The Practice" (ABC, return to old timeslot)
10 p.m.: "The Lyon's Den" (NBC)
I won't have that much trouble on Sunday, being as I won't be watching the Alias premiere until December. :lol:

Static Cling 09-23-03 05:19 PM

I think I'm in for Gilmore Girls tonight, and that's about it. And West Wing re-runs on Bravo.

Phil L. 09-23-03 05:22 PM

My only conflict for tonight is at 10pm.

I'm going to have to choose which one to watch and which one to tape between NYPD and L & O SVU.

Last night I watch CSI Miami and taped the new Vegas show.
Don't know if I'll ever get around to watching it though.

grunter 09-23-03 05:24 PM

That's funny - 'cuz as far as I'm concerned Tuesday nights are a complete wasteland of must-NOT-see T.V.

But then, given the craptacular current season, you could pretty much say that about every night . . .

Patman 09-23-03 05:39 PM

On tap for moi:

Tuesday, Sept. 23
8 p.m.: "8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter" (ABC)
8 p.m.: "Navy NCIS" (CBS)
8 p.m.: "Gilmore Girls" (The WB)
8:30 p.m.: "I'm with Her" (ABC)
9 p.m.: "Frasier" (NBC, one-hour premiere)
9 p.m.: "One Tree Hill" (The WB)

Playmakers, Nip/Tuck, The Real World, MI-5, and maybe Joe Schmo. (but these cable shows are shown later in the week as well, so not a high priority over the new season premieres tonight on the normal networks)

Sunday, Sept. 28
8 p.m.: "Cold Case" (CBS)
8 p.m.: "Charmed" (The WB, two-hour premiere)
8 p.m.: "American Dreams" (NBC)
9 p.m.: "Alias" (ABC)
10 p.m.: "The Practice" (ABC, return to old timeslot)
10 p.m.: "The Lyon's Den" (NBC)

Plus Carnivale, and maybe K Street.

dolphinboy 09-23-03 06:13 PM

Gilmore Girls and NYPD Blue.

No problems here. Other than wishing Buffy was premiering tonight.

Oh and there's no way I can wait till December to watch Alias. I think we can survive just picking it up now since we've read a lot about season 2 and we saw most of the episodes after the Super Bowl one.

Ed is on tomorrow!!!!

DRG 09-23-03 07:05 PM

Just Gilmore Girls for me, at least until 24 starts. As for Sunday, I may give Alias another try as I wait for Simpsons to start in frickin' November (I hate baseball - always delaying my Fox goodies). :)

Geofferson 09-23-03 07:50 PM

One Tree Hill and Nip/Tuck for me tonight.

Chad 09-23-03 08:09 PM

Just 8 Simple Rules..., Gilmore Girls and One Tree Hill here.

Where's the love for Rock Me Baby and The Mullets? ;) :lol:

Actually I'm watching RMB in the corner of my eye as I type this. Yeah, it pretty much sucks but I've got a thing for Bianca Kajlick.

huzefa 09-23-03 08:14 PM

Only thing on today was a crappy episode of Happy Family (there's 15 minutes I wish I had back) and MI-5.

Rogue588 09-23-03 08:25 PM

bah.

too many? sure there might be a lot...but that doesn't mean they're worth watching... :p

anyways...i'm in the same boat as Phil L. [just without the Mature pics..]

i'll probably watch Blue live and tape SVU..

B.A. 09-23-03 08:40 PM

Watched:

8 Simple Rules...

I'm With Her (wasn't too bad, had Rory's Dad, Christopher, from Gilmore Girls and Teri Polo from Meet the Parents - Teri Polo is gorgeous)

Taped:

Gilmore Girls (so the wife can watch it w/ me)

One Tree Hill

NYPD Blue (so I can watch Gilmore Girls w/ the wife, and we can watch Blue some other time)

das Monkey 09-23-03 08:41 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE> • Quoth Rogue588 •<HR SIZE=1>too many? sure there might be a lot...but that doesn't mean they're worth watching... :p<HR SIZE=1></BLOCKQUOTE>
Unless you (and by "you" I mean "you vultures" ;)) want a Top 2.7 Episodes of the Year list, I kind of have to watch this stuff. :D

das

nny 09-23-03 10:20 PM

Originally posted by das Monkey

Unless you (and by "you" I mean "you vultures" ;)) want a Top 2.7 Episodes of the Year list, I kind of have to watch this stuff. :D

das

Good point, but you don't do a list for comedies so you can cut out like 2/3 of the shows.

I was surprised I didn't have to tape anything tonight. West Wing, Gilmore, Joe Schmo, and Nip/Tuck for me. I thought about One Tree Hill and Playmakers, but I haven't heard anything good about One Tree and I've missed Playmakers the last couple of weeks anyway.

kevin75 09-23-03 10:22 PM

i am just waiting for tomorrow night...ed and the west wing!! WOO HOO!!!! :):):)

BizRodian 09-23-03 10:35 PM

Wow, and I watched nothing...

das Monkey 09-23-03 11:00 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE> • Quoth nny •<HR SIZE=1>Good point, but you don't do a list for comedies ...<HR SIZE=1></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ahh ... but I <i>could</i>. Now shut up and let me watch this stuff. :D

das

Quake1028 09-23-03 11:59 PM

Sunday is going to be rough for me, because of Sunday Night Football. Hopefully it will be a bad game so I won't want to watch.

8 p.m.: "10-8" (ABC) (watch)
8 p.m.: "Charmed" (The WB, two-hour premiere) (PVR)
9 p.m.: "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" (NBC) (watch)
10 p.m.: "The Practice" (ABC, return to old timeslot) (watch)
10 p.m.: "The Lyon's Den" (NBC) (PVR)

marty888 09-24-03 08:02 AM

<u>Sun 8:00pm on Bravo</u>: Robert DeNiro on <b>Inside The Actor's Studio</b>

<u>Sun 9:00pm on PBS</u>: The start of the 7-part series <b>The Blues</i>, produced by Matin Scorsese, who directed this episode.

Red Dog 09-24-03 08:14 AM

Not a problem for me. I recorded 8 Simple Rules, Paradise Hotel, Playmakers, NYPD Blue and SVU.

The only problem was my 11:30 recording of Nip/Tuck (since I can't record the 10 pm one). Looks like F/X changed things around and it started at 11 instead.