DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   New Tom Green Show got Axed! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/319463-new-tom-green-show-got-axed.html)

PHMustang2000 09-23-03 12:35 AM

New Tom Green Show got Axed!

I found out that Tom's Show was cancelled. Poor guy lol divorce and cancellation of a show...what is next for Tom Green ?
I saw a rerun tonight. :( I liked this one. It was alot better than his half an hour show.

To view the article go to:
http://www.tvtome.com
type New Tom Green
and scroll to the bottom to find the news.

Static Cling 09-23-03 01:07 AM

No way. I actually liked the new show... and I hated the old one. For one, it sucked, and for two, it replaced Sifl and Olly. But of course, MTV cannot break tradition; good shows must be cancelled as quickly as possible.

Blaster1 09-23-03 01:24 AM

Damn that sucks. I usually watched this every night.

Wormwood 09-23-03 01:33 AM

I use to watch it, didn't have time. It was a toss up between that and Conan. Conan won.

Jackskeleton 09-23-03 02:22 AM

Can't say I was a fan of his. what did they really expect though? do we need more late night competition? Conan, Leno, Letterman, Kimmel. it's already a booked house.

Geofferson 09-23-03 10:48 AM

Not all that surprised. It wasn't nearly as good as his first MTV show.

El Scorcho 09-23-03 11:23 AM

Tom Green was funny for about the first 20 seconds, then he just became irritating.

big whoppa 09-24-03 06:06 AM

The first MTV show was better. I only saw one show of the new version and it was too much like Leno or Letterman. A bad Leno or Letterman.

Norm de Plume 09-25-03 02:37 PM

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

MasterCXtreme 09-25-03 10:09 PM

This is too bad I like the show but never have time to watch it.

calhoun07 09-25-03 10:55 PM

I much preferred the new show to his old one. Tom Green had a great hosting style, and could make uninteresting guests seem interesting. As the series went on, I found myself watching people I had no interest in because Tom Green seemed to bring the best out in all his interviews. The show was rough, they didn't have a lot of money flying around, but I had good hopes for this show continuing on. But as others pointed out, MTV has to kill off their good shows. It sucks. I also read that Tom Green will remain part of the MTV "family," which also sucks, because I would like to see Tom Green shop this show to other networks.

Gizmo 09-26-03 12:00 PM

Did anyone see the episode where that guy that had the chainsaw guitar came out and cut up Tom Green's desk? Man, he was PISSED!

BlackCapTen 09-26-03 02:24 PM

I saw the following show after the chainsaw incident, and yes he did seem pretty pissed. But something tells me if this was the "old tom green show" he would have had more fun with the whole situation. He could have done something wacky like the olden days.

calhoun07 09-26-03 07:26 PM

I saw the chain saw episode, and yes, he was genuinely pissed off. The thing was that wasn't just a desk, but a custom made desk they put a lot of money and effort into getting and that guy came out and destroyed it with no good reason. The guitarist promised to pay for the damage. Anybody know if he did?

For all those complaining Tom Green didn't act like he did on his old show....why should he? The guy has talent beyond running around acting like an idiot, and I feel his talent shined in the new show. Give the guy room to grow up and mature. I just hope he stays in the late night game in some way or another. Orlando Jones can't go forever, can he? Tom Green could sign with FX. Maybe with time and effort, he could be a late night player.

wordtoyamotha 09-26-03 08:16 PM

Originally posted by Static Cling
MTV cannot break tradition; good shows must be cancelled as quickly as possible.
:lol:

I think part of the "demise" of Tom Green is the fact that his appeal is based on his ability to crazy, wacky, wild, etc. Well, after a while the shock value just wears off. MHO.