DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   CSI: Miami - 9/22/03 (Season Premiere) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/319458-csi-miami-9-22-03-season-premiere.html)

Patman 09-23-03 12:04 AM

CSI: Miami - 9/22/03 (Season Premiere)

Hey, look, Kingpin is in Miami!

For a season opener, it wasn't too bad. I liked how Horatio got to the scumbag brothers protected by diplomatic immunity.

Looks like Emily Proctor has been hitting the weights.

The only character sidestory was between Horatio and Yelena, and even that is on a holding pattern.

djbrown 09-23-03 08:33 AM

This show is much more enjoyable if you set the over/under on the combined total of Caruso's character being referred to as "H" and the number of times he removes his sunglasses on camera.

We set the over/under at 5.5, and the premier was way under, with just one "H" reference and NO sunglass removals on camera (there was a near miss in one of the clubs, when he started to remove the glasses, but the scene quickly shifted elsewhere before they were completely removed).

Try it, it makes the show somewhat watchable.

mikehunt 09-23-03 09:43 AM

I hope this isn't a hijack, but does diplomatic immunity really work like that?
I always thought it was to protect diplomats from accidentally breaking some law, and didn't apply to blatently and knowingly committing crimes

Geofferson 09-23-03 10:44 AM

Pretty good season opener last night. This is one of the season's best comedies. ;)

The diplomatic immunity storyline was kinda cool.

Phil L. 09-23-03 04:16 PM

Re: CSI: Miami - 9/22/03 (Season Premiere)

Originally posted by Patman
Looks like Emily Proctor has been hitting the weights.

Ya she cut her hair too.
Anybody else think she looked like she aged about five years since the last season?
Still hot though.

Patman 09-23-03 05:52 PM

Well, yeah, Emily looks a bit more "tough" and "rough" vs prim and proper from last season (or more conservative). HDTV is pretty unforgiving as well, noticed her right front tooth has a slight discoloration from the rest of her choppers.

tanman 09-24-03 01:14 AM

I thought it was an okay episode until the end then it all came together. It's not vegas but it was still decent.

Proctor looks horrible. Much better when she didn't go for the premature white hair. Oh well they basically ruined the credibility of the character with the whole "we used to pour beer on leaches when we were young" line.

BDB 10-05-03 03:51 PM

Just catching up on this, I think this was a better premiere than CSI mk1. I like that it is more playful, and caruso has even been known to crack a smile, whereas gruesome grissom would never ever smile.

I liked the story although it was very neat how it all tied up in the end, you know he was doing all the evidence chasing even though he knew they could not be prosecuted, and then the whole canadian thing came into it. Very convenient.

Oh and hey we are off Marlin fishing, well let's see how that works.

Nice to see it back though.

And emily appears to be letting the hair be more natural, no more flat iron.