Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

What's a TV show YOU'D like to see?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-03, 03:37 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 482 Likes on 318 Posts
What's a TV show YOU'D like to see?

I'm curious to see what it'd be like if they had a "Drunk Talkshow". You could call it Inebriated Intercourse. You'd have a host chatting with some significant artisitic or political figure over the course of a dozen or so pints. I'd like to see how alcohol would change the conversation for certain people. I'd love to see someone asking Clinton about the Lewinski scandle while he was half in his cups. Get William Shatner really loaded and ask him about his post-Star Trek career.

What's your dream television show?
Old 09-24-03, 04:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd like to see Return to Twin Peaks or an updated version of The Prisoner.
Old 09-24-03, 07:45 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Re: What's a TV show YOU'D like to see?

Wasn't that how talk shows were back in the day? early Johnny Carson and before (no names come to mind).. where the hosts and guests would just drink, smoke cigs and just BS

Originally posted by Crocker Jarmen
I'm curious to see what it'd be like if they had a "Drunk Talkshow". You could call it Inebriated Intercourse. You'd have a host chatting with some significant artisitic or political figure over the course of a dozen or so pints. I'd like to see how alcohol would change the conversation for certain people. I'd love to see someone asking Clinton about the Lewinski scandle while he was half in his cups. Get William Shatner really loaded and ask him about his post-Star Trek career.

What's your dream television show?
Old 09-24-03, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

How about a show where we go back to the early days of the Federation, before Kirk and Spock…

Never mind.
Old 09-24-03, 08:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One I've always wanted is Battle of the Cancelled Shows. At the beginning of the summer, the casts of all the cancelled shows on the network get together and fight it out in a series of grueling physical and mental tasks. Add in some viewer participation as well, and the winning cast gets their show back on the Fall schedule. There's nothing "fun" or "light-hearted" about the show (it's not Celebrity Mole or anything); they want to win and badly. This would work best on Fox, since they cancel more shows than anyone else and they have no dignity either.

das
Old 09-24-03, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
how about a show about a network that is run by monkeys that can't make a good decision if the fate of the planet rested on it?
oh wait, it would have to be a reality show and air on Fox.

thanks das for giving me the idea while reading your post.
Old 09-24-03, 11:26 AM

Originally posted by ChrisHicks
how about a show about a network that is run by monkeys that can't make a good decision if the fate of the planet rested on it?
oh wait, it would have to be a reality show and air on Fox.

thanks das for giving me the idea while reading your post.
You may be onto something here...how 'bout a reality show from one of the networks where EVERYDAY people get to decide what shows go on the network schedule and at what times...

Or would that prove once and for all that Network Heads are overpaid idiots?
Old 09-24-03, 11:51 AM
DVD Talk Hero

what about a cartoon about a family that lives in quahog rhode island? the dad works at a toy factory, the mom stays at home with their megalomaniac son. two other kids and a dog are there too
Old 09-24-03, 12:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What I would like to see is a series similar to the HBO Band of Brothers, that uses the Vietnam War as it's context.

Tour of Duty was an ok show in it's time, but I'd really like to see an updated, more realistic series which represents Vietnam.
Old 09-24-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

mine.

Old 09-24-03, 03:16 PM
nny
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally posted by Spooky
I'd like to see Return to Twin Peaks or an updated version of The Prisoner.
These and das's ideas are great. Personally I'd like to see any Herskovitz/Zwick show on the air.

So many people are discovering great shows on dvd or through reruns on cable, maybe some cancelled shows should get ressurected. Often when a show goes off the air, you don't see the cast do anything else significant, so it might not be too hard to get the majority of the original people back together. I think it'd be really cool to see a show pick up 10 years or whatever later with the same characters. For instance, I know My So-Called Life picked up a lot of viewers including myself from it's reruns on mtv. I'd love to see that show again with Angela dealing with her life in her mid-20s.
Old 09-24-03, 03:30 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

A reunion show with everybody from Welcome Back Kotter.

Everybody plays some no-limit hold ‘em and Horshack ends up owning Travolta.
Old 09-24-03, 04:43 PM

A sitcom about five garbage men who live together, collect trash together, and are gay together. Musicial numbers in every episode. Girls going "Oh man, is that garbage man hot or what" with a "SORRY LADIES, I'M A BACKDOOR GARBAGE MAN" response. Then, the twist in episode five, garbage man Louie brings a girl home, with her becoming a lesbian, and joining the garbage man force, as a garbage WOman. Genius, it would be. And it can be cancelled for being trash. Music, gays, bad one liners, adding a new character for no reason. It'd be perfect.
Old 09-24-03, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 241 Likes on 152 Posts
Originally posted by Phil L.
What I would like to see is a series similar to the HBO Band of Brothers, that uses the Vietnam War as it's context.
I thought this was being planned. Would be hard to beat the original, but would definitely be worth watching.
Old 09-24-03, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Batman, the early years...you could call the show "Gotham".