DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   And the award for my first deleted Season Pass of the fall goes to... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/318957-award-my-first-deleted-season-pass-fall-goes.html)

Jadzia 09-19-03 08:48 PM

And the award for my first deleted Season Pass of the fall goes to...

"Luis"

I love Luis Guzman, but this was beyond bad. I think I cracked a smile twice. I am not a huge fan of the sitcom genre, but I decided to give it a try because of the star. But now I have no desire to ever see this show again.

Anybody else already give up on any new shows so far this season?

Chew 09-19-03 08:53 PM

Threat Matrix nearly got the axe about half-way through. I'll give it another week.

Static Cling 09-19-03 09:50 PM

Babylon 5. What a piece of trash. I don't understand why it has garnered such a huge fan club here.

(Just kidding. I haven't watched it yet, but I will.)

das Monkey 09-19-03 09:52 PM

:lol: What you don't realize yet is that you're on trial here, not the show. We all know that the show kick ass; what's unknown is your ability to recognize it. :D

das

huzefa 09-20-03 12:31 AM

Whoopi and Happy Family were the first to go. Didn't even bother with Luis or Threat Matrix.

Sparrow 09-21-03 09:59 AM

I gave Happy Family a second chance, but it's not on my list to revisit. period. Baranski and Larroquette are two of my favorite comedic actors, but that doesn't equal hit.

Venusian 09-21-03 10:16 AM

i caught a few episodes of Whoopi and Happy Family yesterday. Whoppi isn't too bad, but it could be better. Happy Family had funny parts but doesn't look like it'll last without some changes.

Spanky BananaPants 09-22-03 09:58 AM

I'm with you. "Luis" got the axe ten minutes into the show.

"Threat Matrix" also got the boot.

Kromax 09-22-03 10:05 AM

Carnivale.

Chew 09-22-03 07:30 PM

K Street is my first official boot.

abintra 09-23-03 04:14 AM

I don't have a Tivo but thusfar the only new show I have seen this year that I haven't yet written off is Carnivale and other than atmosphere I am not entirely thrilled with that.

That said, I don't have access to UPN or WB so can't include any of their shows in my viewing unless Das will take me under his wing and hook me up with some shows. :)

Plus I haven't been watching much tv so a few returning shows are still new to me but <strike>CSI: Miami</strike>, <strike>Las Vegas</strike>, <strike>Whoopi</strike>, <strike>Happy Family</strike>, <strike>Threat Matrix</strike>, <strike>The O.C.</strike>, <strike>Luis</strike>, <strike>Boston Public</strike>, and <strike>K Street</strike> from any form of regular viewing. Then again I wasn't expecting much from the above anyway.

movieking 09-23-03 05:06 AM

I forgot all about Luis. I would have watched it as well. Regardless, I can't see it being any worse than Threat Matrix...

Michael Corvin 09-23-03 06:33 AM

I gave up on new shows all together. The past few years the ones I enjoy and get into get cancelled(Undeclared, The Lone Gunmen, Andy Richter, etc.). So I wait until season 2 is guaranteed then catch the summer reruns of the first season.

That being said nothing this season looks remotely interesting to me.

Jadzia 09-26-03 08:36 AM

Ok, so now the award for my *second* deleted season pass goes to:

Jake 2.0

I found the pilot mildly entertaining, but I was completely bored by the second episode. I did not find myseld caring about any of the characters, including the lead. And my brain seemed to check out during the episode every time he would interface with a traffic light or something "wirelessly". I just could not suspend my disbelief and it took me out of the show.

I tried the third episode just to be sure, but I was again bored to tears in the first 15 minutes. So I deleted it and my season pass. I am all about simplifying my life right now and that includes not watching bad to mediocre TV shows!

Red Dog 09-26-03 08:41 AM

The Brotherhood of Poland, NH, although for me it is a Replay Channel. :D

CharlesC 09-26-03 10:01 AM

Yup. Jake 2.0 was my first casualty of the year for me.

retihsuhnt 09-26-03 10:18 AM

Well "Whoopi" was the first show that I watched and then "booted" from my viewing schedule. But "Coupling" and "Threat Matrix" were never going to touch my TV screen. I think this might be the last week for "Boston Public" for me and Ive been a loyal viewer since the first show.

Do not get me started on "The Practice." But the funny things is Im looking forward to "Joan of Arcadia" but if its any good CBS will boot it like they did "The Education of Max Bickford" which was a great program.

Jadzia 09-26-03 11:33 AM

I am actually kind of looking forward to the Practice. I was so sick of Bobby & Lindsey and all their arrests and silly plotlines. Now that they are gone, it could actually be a fresher show again. Plus, this season has James Spader! He definitely gives me a reason to tune in. It could be a lot better this season.

clemente 09-26-03 06:18 PM

I watched the Practice for two seasons, but what little I had seen recently had been to soap.

However, Rhona Mitra has joined the cast. HOT!
So I'll give it a chance again. (It still has to be good...Dark Angel is proof that a hot chick is not enough)