DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   When did I become "trailer-trash"? (C.S.I. Tivo conflict edition) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/318670-when-did-i-become-trailer-trash-c-s-i-tivo-conflict-edition.html)

Y2K Falcon 09-18-03 03:00 PM

When did I become "trailer-trash"? (C.S.I. Tivo conflict edition)

After all the discussion's I've seen about NBC starting E.R. 2 minutes "early", with the side benefit of blocking Tivo Season Passes to C.S.I., I thought I'd check the Tivo. I record C.S.I. syndicated repeats on Spike, but was ready for the season premiere on CBS next week.

But looking at "Upcoming" episodes of CSI, it appears that my Tivo wasn't planning on recording it, just the Spike ones. :grunt: So I'm ready to set up a season pass, and I realize that my two tuners are already spoken for with WWE Smackdown! and Temptation Island. -rolleyes-

Do you think it's possible to get a waiver so I can get West Coast CBS and record C.S.I. later? ;)

What schedule conflicts are you embarrased of? :lol:

* contemplates using FFDVR *

Londo 09-18-03 03:11 PM

Re: When did I become "trailer-trash"? (C.S.I. Tivo conflict edition)

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
* contemplates using FFDVR *
Precisely..... it DOES tend to eliminate hassles like this... and easier (and quicker) that putzing with waivers...

... of course, then you have to upgrade the SECOND unit with a 120... try to remember WHICH TiVo has which programs...

but in the long term.........

BDB 09-18-03 03:39 PM

How is the upgraded tivo, never saw you report.

Red Dog 09-18-03 04:03 PM

The worst thing is that TI is 2 hours next week so that causes multiple problems.

I have a 9:30 conflict next Thursday with CSI, TI, and Coupling. Only got 2 Replays so I guess I'll have to watch Coupling live.

I also have a 3-way conflict next Wednesday at 10 btwn the season premieres of The Bachelor (2 hours), Law & Order, and The Brotherhood of Poland, NH.

Geofferson 09-18-03 04:26 PM

Conflict between CSI and The O.C in October (when O.C. returns from a baseball hiatus).

Red Dog 09-18-03 04:35 PM

Originally posted by Geofferson
Conflict between CSI and The O.C in October (when O.C. returns from a baseball hiatus).

Yeah I'll have that too conflict too. I wish they would move The O.C. to Monday at 8 - it would be a great fit with Skin and there is currently nothing of interest on Mondays at 8.

Y2K Falcon 09-18-03 04:36 PM

Originally posted by BadlyDrawnBoy
How is the upgraded tivo, never saw you report.
Yeah... I need to get Photoshop reinstalled for the pics.

I mean, 240+ hours of tivo time, and I'd trade 100 hours of it for a third tuner. :lol:

I just might *gasp* have to watch something "live" in the other room. -eek-

Does anyone have a VCR hooked up to their non-tivo'd tv for such occasions?

apeyard 09-18-03 04:52 PM

Originally posted by Y2K Falcon
Yeah... I need to get Photoshop reinstalled for the pics.

I mean, 240+ hours of tivo time, and I'd trade 100 hours of it for a third tuner. :lol:

I just might *gasp* have to watch something "live" in the other room. -eek-

Does anyone have a VCR hooked up to their non-tivo'd tv for such occasions?

I only have a single TIVO but do have a VCR set up on the same TV to record conflicts. I haven't watched anything live for almost a year now.

Y2K Falcon 09-18-03 05:08 PM

Originally posted by apeyard
I only have a single TIVO but do have a VCR set up on the same TV to record conflicts. I haven't watched anything live for almost a year now.
I'm assuming you have cable and a splitter to send signal to a standalone tivo and your vcr?

I'm thinking with my DirecTivo I would need it on another tv (with its own receiver), no?

<---- Newbie. -rolleyes-