DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Survivor Re-Broadcast becaus e of Hurricane? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/318447-survivor-re-broadcast-becaus-e-hurricane.html)

gr8vette 09-17-03 02:37 PM

Survivor Re-Broadcast because of Hurricane?

OK... The ONLY reason I care about the hurricane is because my sattilite may go out causing me to miss Survivor!!!! ;>)

Does anyone know if CBS has annouced a re-broadcast of the show over the weekend?

I looked on the CBS and local (Washington DC Metro) CBS website and did not see anything mentioned...

????

I WANT MY SURVIVOR!!!!

Gr8vette

Red Dog 09-17-03 02:46 PM

They probably will but they may not announce it in advance. They re-broadcast the finale of Amazing Race because of the blackout in the NE last month.

guywall 09-17-03 04:36 PM

Considering thousands of people will be homeless, looking for shelter and weather updates, you may have to wait until the storm passes.

You'd probably get on the show if you made a sign that said, "SOMEONE TAPE SURVIVOR FOR ME!!!"
and stood on your roof.

Try it.

SunMonkey 09-18-03 12:15 PM

They have rebroadcast the first episode before (at least for the first season). It was late night Saturday or something. Good luck.

gr8vette 09-18-03 03:23 PM

Thanks... I was thinking that they had reboadcast the first one before, but I did not see it listed yet...

But... I still have power and satellite!!!! (Northern VA)

OldDude 09-18-03 06:44 PM

If anyone is recording it tonight, it is apparently 90 minutes.

zuffy 09-18-03 07:25 PM

Good thing I caused the show ontime to start the recording in my DVR. The only season I saw was the Outback and this season looks very interesting.

Cheddarmuff 09-18-03 08:31 PM

I would guess they will re-broadcast next Tuesday...just a guess..

DVDGUY1116 09-18-03 09:04 PM

I have satelite as well and I still have my signal...although I am in Philly and not Virginia. Still is is pretty rainy and windy up here. CBS usually does rebroadcast the premiere episode. On a funny note...Comcast cable is always running ads in this area about people switching to Comcast because of dish problems. Well, tonight Comcast is losing all their signals because of the storm but satelite people are in the clear so far! That's pretty funny!

shanester 09-18-03 09:08 PM

The show was on in Canada uninterrupted??

Red Dog 09-18-03 09:39 PM

Originally posted by DVDGUY1116
I have satelite as well and I still have my signal...although I am in Philly and not Virginia. Still is is pretty rainy and windy up here. CBS usually does rebroadcast the premiere episode. On a funny note...Comcast cable is always running ads in this area about people switching to Comcast because of dish problems. Well, tonight Comcast is losing all their signals because of the storm but satelite people are in the clear so far! That's pretty funny!

Those commercials are funny. I'll give Comcast (Alexandria) credit tonight though - no problems here.

wertent 09-18-03 09:59 PM

They ran a commerical after CSI saying it will be reran on Sunday

zuffy 09-18-03 10:00 PM

This must be the first time ever I didn't lose my DISH signal and the wind is 20-25mph. Usually wind blowing 2mph would knock my signal off :rolleyes:

Rypro 525 09-18-03 10:12 PM

no interuptions here in md (although our nbc affiliate decided that hurricane news footage is more important then E.R. season finale)

Y2K Falcon 09-19-03 01:16 PM

Originally posted by wertent
They ran a commerical after CSI saying it will be reran on Sunday
"Premiere Rebroadcast! Sun., 9:30PM ET/PT"
according to www.cbs.com

BenCJedi 09-19-03 08:03 PM

Originally posted by zuffy
This must be the first time ever I didn't lose my DISH signal and the wind is 20-25mph. Usually wind blowing 2mph would knock my signal off :rolleyes:

The wind is probably blowing some offending trees out of the way. Depending on the direction the wind is blowing, I sometimes get an advantage like that with my dish and the signal.

DVDGUY1116 09-19-03 10:31 PM

Originally posted by zuffy
I usually have the same problem. A little rain and wind and my dish goes crazy. Not last night during the storm though. It was weird. I was so sure I was going to lose signal that I had antennae ready to be connected to the TV.

Orbi-Wan Techno 09-21-03 07:18 AM

According to the on-line TV guide, Survivor will re-air (in our area, at least) at 9:30 Sunday night.