Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Cupid - 9/16 - Season Finale

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-17-03, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So did anyone else stick this out through the end? What did you all think of the ending?

While I agreed with America's choice of Hank, who did seem the best for Lisa, the ending seemed pretty anti-climactic. While I can understand Hank's desire for Lisa to have an "actual" wedding, I was still wondering if that was just a cop-out. And if they still eventually get married, they don't get the $1 million, right? That is pretty dumb to walk away from all that money, especially if you had every intention of getting married anyway. I mean, couldn't they have done the TV wedding and then planned a "real" wedding for their families?

I couldn't tell if Lisa was disappointed or not. Hank said he wanted Lisa to have an actual wedding, but he didn't propose or really imply that he intended to actually marry her, so I kind of wondered.

I loved seeing Joe hit on Laura, but I was surprised that they didn't let her answer whether she would go on a date with him or not. I wanted to see her reaction!
Old 09-17-03, 09:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, they are going to save Laura for Cupid 2, of course.

Money can't buy you love, but it sure makes daily life less stressful in most situations.

I can't fault Hank and Lisa for taking their time, and forgoing the dowery. I think it took guts to give up the money for love (and getting married the right way for them).
Old 09-17-03, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I was really surprised they gave up the money. I applaud them, though. Most people would have grabbed the money and run. I hope it works out for Hank and Lisa. They seem to be in love and want to do the right thing (for them).
Old 09-17-03, 09:24 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Plus, it's nice to hear a guy tell a girl he wants to make mad monkey love to her, and not have the girl run away from him as fast as she can.
Old 09-17-03, 09:40 AM

I also thought it was funny how Dominic confessed that Laura & Kimberley were right-- that he wasn't ready for marriage. This after how he protested every week that he was, lol.
Old 09-17-03, 11:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Well, there was the matter of a million bucks...
Old 09-17-03, 02:43 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Aww, how romantic! They gave up a million smackers so they can have a proper wedding. Wasn't that sweet? Those morons!

Honk!
Old 09-17-03, 05:37 PM

Originally posted by Patman
Well, they are going to save Laura for Cupid 2, of course.
How about Robert being the one for Cupid 2. That would be good television.
Old 09-17-03, 06:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by SERPICO7
Shows like Cupid are the reason I have a dvd collection. Anyone cought watching this crap for more then 10 seconds should be sent to a mental institution. If you watched this show throw the end, you should be deported too Iraq. Without a doubt the worst television show ever produced.
If you're going to threadcrap and insult the intelligence of others, at least check your spelling.

Honk!