Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

8 Simple Rules Will Continue w/o John Ritter

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

8 Simple Rules Will Continue w/o John Ritter

Old 09-17-03, 11:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm actually MORE attracted to Amy Davidson (who's actually 24 in real-life, even though she plays the younger sister):

Old 09-17-03, 11:31 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
• Quoth Spooky •<HR SIZE=1>I'm actually MORE attracted to Amy Davidson (who's actually 24 in real-life, even though she plays the younger sister)<HR SIZE=1>

And for the next 6 weeks, if any lawmen ask me, so am I.

I do find her very attractive, though, despite that bad picture you posted.

das
Old 09-17-03, 11:35 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by Spooky
(who's actually 24 in real-life, even though she plays the younger sister)
she's 24..?
Old 09-17-03, 11:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 193 Likes on 158 Posts
Damn, I can't believe she's 24!!! Das - I agree that is a terrible picture.

Hell, I'm 25 and just last year I was carded buying a lotto ticket. I should go to Hollywood and try and get a role on the O.C. or something.
Old 09-17-03, 11:47 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
Originally posted by B.A.hist
I should go to Hollywood and try and get a role on the O.C. or something.
You wouldn't get it...you're too young..
Old 09-17-03, 11:52 AM

At 8 p.m., ABC's tribute to the "Three's Company" and "8 Simple Rules" star drew a 9.4/16, making it easily the night's highest rated program. Faced with stiffer competition than last week, both of NBC's new comedies, "Whoopi!" (7.8/13) and "Happy Family" (6.8/11), fell a little, dropping the network to second. In a close third was CBS with the 6.4/10 for "Big Brother 4." FOX trailed with "Performing As..." On UPN, "One on One" (2.9/5) and "All of Us" (3.8/6) had solid premieres and beat the 2.7/4 for a "Gilmore Girls" repeat on The WB.

Amy just turned 24 on Sept 15th!

Chris
Old 09-17-03, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I agree with an earlier post. I think they should air the 3 episodes, then do an hour tribute to him about the show on the 4th week. Maybe have each character speak about him and how he effected their life, etc. Then maybe show clips from the show. And then end it there.

That way, we can see the remaining episodes, and as a closure to the show, instead of ending the actual show, we'd get to see each actor/actress speak about Ritter. That would be closure enough for me for the show.
Old 09-17-03, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Why can't they still have him in the show? It can be like when certain characters are pregnant in real life. Like when Peggy was pregnant in Married with Chilren and she was still in the show, but everyone would just mention her and relay her messeges or she would be on the phone. They could somehow make a story that Ritter's character got a new job in like Europe and the other characters would just talk about him once in a while or talk to him on the phone.
Old 09-17-03, 12:48 PM

Originally posted by Aphex Twin
Why can't they still have him in the show? It can be like when certain characters are pregnant in real life. Like when Peggy was pregnant in Married with Chilren and she was still in the show, but everyone would just mention her and relay her messeges or she would be on the phone. They could somehow make a story that Ritter's character got a new job in like Europe and the other characters would just talk about him once in a while or talk to him on the phone.
Now THAT would be in bad taste!

Chris
Old 09-17-03, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
So, say the shows makes it the full season. For May sweeps we get a shoe's-on-the-other foot episode with Katey going out on a date? And for stunt casting, her date is Ed O'Neill, playing it very straight, and not at all Bundy-ish? But of course, things don't work out, 'cause neither one is ready to date yet......
Old 09-17-03, 01:24 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

She is NOT 24... she is 18... at least according to this picture/magazine layout:

http://www.starswelove.com/scriptsph...?imageid=19796

However, a bio I found says she was born September 15, 1979

Last edited by theedge; 09-17-03 at 01:29 PM.
Old 09-17-03, 01:27 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

What's with her obession with green and purple striped shirts?
Old 09-17-03, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Old 09-17-03, 01:47 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I don't know what you guys are thinking, but Kaley Cuoco is much MUCH hotter than Amy Davidson. She's got a dope-ass hourglass figure.
Old 09-17-03, 01:49 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Davidson is certainly harmed by not dressing like a slut, but I'd hit it.

das
Old 09-17-03, 02:53 PM

Originally posted by theedge
She is NOT 24... she is 18... at least according to this picture/magazine layout:

http://www.starswelove.com/scriptsph...?imageid=19796

However, a bio I found says she was born September 15, 1979

IMDB says she was born Sept 15, 1979!

Chris
Old 09-17-03, 03:10 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 44 Likes on 31 Posts
I think the whole premise of the show, including the TITLE is 100% Ritter. I mean most moms are not 1/5 as defensive of someone dating their daughter. I just think it will require too much retooling and go too far from the premise of the show. But I will see when they come back out.

Now I really like the show on the other foot idea, this is probably better than what any of the idiots that run ABC will approve.
Old 09-17-03, 04:07 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Location: The Quad-city area of Melonville, Meckling, the Boro of Melon, and Party Town
This is sick. From the LA Times:

Executives for ABC and Disney-owned Touchstone Television, the producers of the series, had discussed several options, including canceling the series or replacing Ritter with another actor. Industry insiders said several performers, including Howie Mandel and David Spade, had been approached in recent days about their availability.
Old 09-17-03, 04:12 PM

I don't understand the line of thinking some of you have that ABC should just automaticaly cancel the show because John died.
Why is the Hollywood world any different from the rest?
If say, Emeril died tomorrow, would they have to close all his restaurants out of respect for him?
Let them take a chance on the show. I do agree that the odds are it will fail, but it could also do very well, or even go on to be the best show on tv.
I also agree that the network is correct when they say that John would have wanted the show to go on.
Old 09-17-03, 04:25 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally posted by Arcade
I don't understand the line of thinking some of you have that ABC should just automaticaly cancel the show because John died.

::snip::

I also agree that the network is correct when they say that John would have wanted the show to go on.
I'm sure he most definitely would've...but like I stated before, let em do a final ep to give 'em closure and then come back [with the same crew, same cast] and do a DIFFERENT show..
Old 09-17-03, 11:55 PM
Suspended; also need updated email

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Kaley ! woohoo!

Rip John
Old 09-18-03, 05:18 AM
Banned

Couldn't they get Lucas to do a CGI John Ritter?

Eh, they should just let it go and do something else. Turning this comedy into a drama just isn't gonna work. I don't tune in to a comedy to see the main characters die.
Old 09-18-03, 08:11 AM

Received 774 Likes on 504 Posts
I had a nightmare last night. They replaced John with Howie Mandell and the show was insanely popular and in its 4th season!
Old 09-18-03, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

From IMDb's Studio Briefing:
Ad Execs Berate ABC for Decision To Resume 'Rules'

Advertising executives greeted ABC's decision to keep 8 Simple Rules For Dating My Teenage Daughter in production despite the death of star John Ritter with what MediaPost's online news service described as "surprise and chagrin." The trade news website quoted one exec as saying, "I can't believe it. How desperate can they be? Has ABC management watched an episode? It's all about him [Ritter]," the exec added. Another remarked "It's classless and moronic." During a conference call on Tuesday ABC Entertainment Chairman Lloyd Braun indicated that the writers will at first focus on the show's characters' reaction to the death of Ritter's character, then move on with the rest of the cast in place. Braun said that Ritter's role will not be recast. The series premiere, which had already been taped, will air as scheduled next Tuesday, Braun said, as well as two additional episodes that were completed before Ritter's death. The show will then go into reruns until November, when new episodes with the remaining cast members will begin airing.
Old 09-18-03, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Arcade
If say, Emeril died tomorrow, would they have to close all his restaurants out of respect for him?
Probably not, but do you think the show "Cooking with Emeril" would still come out with new episodes?

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.