Three's Company - Larry Question

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-16-03, 02:31 PM
Wag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone,

I was recently watching the Three's Company block on TV Land's tribute to John Ritter (Rest in Peace). I loved the show in the day, I was six when it debuted. And now I catch the show every once in a while at night on TV Land.

Anyway, I was watching an episode and was laughing at Larry, the sleazy neighbor, as in the background he sat down oh so slowly because of his much too tight designer jeans.

My question is that I vaguely remember there being an episode (or permanent change??) in which his character was all cleaned up and respectable acting. And he wasn't even really friends with Jack, but rather just an acquaintance.

I checked some episode guides and came up with nothing. Asked some friends, they don't know what I am talking about. My wife has the same recollection I do, but nothing specific.

Am I crazy or does anyone else remember this? Was it just one episode (like he was putting on some act?) or did they "reboot" his character? Because for some reason, the vague remembering I have of this was that it was a permanent thing.

Last edited by Wag; 09-16-03 at 02:46 PM.
Old 09-16-03, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I'm certainly no Three's Company expert, but I don't remember any sort of reboot of the Larry character. Certainly not to the point where they were simply acquaintances.

Did he ever guest on the short-lived spinoff (Three's a Crowd)? Maybe he appeared on that show as the 'new, improved' Larry.

Either that or, as you say, it may have just been an act for a single episode of the show.
Old 09-16-03, 03:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Larry 2.0.

I only know him as the lovable Leisure Suit Larry.
Old 09-16-03, 03:27 PM
DVD Talk God

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by bboisvert
I'm certainly no Three's Company expert, but I don't remember any sort of reboot of the Larry character. Certainly not to the point where they were simply acquaintances.

Did he ever guest on the short-lived spinoff (Three's a Crowd)? Maybe he appeared on that show as the 'new, improved' Larry.

I do believe that he was in an episode or 2.
Old 09-16-03, 03:30 PM

Perhaps you are thinking of Cousin Larry?
Old 09-16-03, 03:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally posted by Red Dog
I do believe that he was in an episode or 2.
"Three's a Crowd" (1984) playing "Larry" in episode: "Deeds of Trust" (episode # 1.18) 19 February 1985

#38 on his "Notable TV Appearances", courtesy IMDB.

Also appeared on:
"Ropers, The" (1979) playing "Larry Dallas" in episode: "Opportunity Knocks" (episode # 1.6) 17 April 1979

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0459658/
Old 09-16-03, 03:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Ah, crap. Forgot all about the Ropers spinoff. Looks like he got a bunch of mileage out of the character.
Old 09-17-03, 08:47 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

There was an episode where he attempted to woo Janet by straightening himself out. Of course, she didn't go for it. Ultimately she had a deep conversation with him about how he should be himself.
Old 09-17-03, 11:14 AM
Wag

Originally posted by Kromax
There was an episode where he attempted to woo Janet by straightening himself out. Of course, she didn't go for it. Ultimately she had a deep conversation with him about how he should be himself.
Kromax I think you may have hit that square on the head!

I asked my wife about it last night, just to make sure I wasn't nuts and she said she thought it might have only been a one episode thing, she said I think it was something about trying to get Janet or something.

The problem was that when I was looking at episode guides, none of them were that in depth, basically just barebones plot. So I guess this is the "if from more than one source, it is fact" thing! hehehe Thanks!
Old 09-17-03, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Legend

http://www.tvtome.com/tvtome/servlet...29/epid-11262/

Wonder if it is coming on Nick at Night soon.