Reload this Page >

The People's Champions on FX

TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Old 09-15-03, 02:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LOS ANGELES (Wireless Flash) -- Never going to make it into the Olympics? Don't worry, you may be able to win one of the events in an upcoming competitive reality show.

"The People's Champions" pits folks against each other to set bizarre and sometimes naughty records -- including deep-throating a foot-long kielbasa the furthest, tossing the most grapes into a plumber's butt crack and producing the heaviest booger.

The show premieres Friday (Sep. 19) on the FX cable channel and the debut episode features events like a naked tricycle race and a competition to fart the most times in an elevator while it ascends 11 floors.

Host Oliver Muirhead, who sounds like an announcer from a Monty Python sketch, says the great thing about the show is competitors are dead serious about setting such silly records.

In his words, "They are, as far as I can tell, completely committed to winning the event. Even the guy farting in the elevator -- it's hard to believe -- but he's convinced this is an event where he can shine."
link

OK, who's watching this?