TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Sex And The City - 9/14/03

Old 09-15-03, 08:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sex And The City - 9/14/03

9/14/03 - (Summer finale)

Best line of the night: "I'm Bozo the bush!"

So Miranda finally breaks down and admits to Steve that she love him, not the doc, and Steve (thankfully for Miranda) feels the same way.

Charlotte conceives and loses the baby all in this episode. She becomes depressed, but the E! True Hollywood Story on Elizabeth Taylor provides enough inspiration for her to get off the couch, get dressed up and arrives at Brady's birthday in time for the presentation of the cake.

Samantha's way of dealing with age "down there" was amusing.

Carrie meets a smooth operator of an artist (Mikhail Baryshnikov), and he seduces her like an experienced lothario.
Old 09-15-03, 10:40 AM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Charlotte needs an Emmy for her range of emotion on this show, I love Charlotte she is excellent.

I knew Miranda would eat the cookie
Old 09-15-03, 10:47 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Steve is my nominee for loser of the year. That new girlfriend is awesome, and beats Miranda in every category (well, except maybe intellectually). Steve and Miranda are just not well matched, especially since Miranda thinks she's better than him. Maybe they'll realize this...again.
Old 09-15-03, 10:50 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Spoiler:
Ican't believe Sam admitted she was 45, could this be part of the build up to her new show?
Old 09-15-03, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I loved Smantha's "problem" this episode. "No one wants to _____ Grandma's _______."
Old 09-15-03, 11:28 AM

Does anyone what that piece of strings music was in this episode? They first played it when Charlotte exited her apartment in pink, again with Miranda and Steve and Brady's birthday cake, and then again with the cake at the party? I know I've heard it before, and I can't remember what it is.
Old 09-15-03, 12:05 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

great episode! i loved mikhail barishnakov's character (i was originally reluctant)...pleasantly surprised, although carrie seems to have her doubts.

charlotte did a nice job. and when she was depressed on the couch, i think she looked her best yet!

sam was usual sam...

i'm very sorry to see the doc leave, they were fabulous together. steve's so goofy and i don't think miranda will stop being "***ed up" even if she does really love him!
Old 09-15-03, 12:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Ugh, I didn't like the whole Baryshnikov scene at the end, it seemed pointless. I think it's just because I can't buy that someone would see Carrie and Charlotte together and go for Carrie. But really it seemed like they tacked his part on. It felt like the show was over at the end of the birthday party scene. I almost had forgotten Baryshnikov was in it by the time that scene came up.

Last edited by Roto; 09-15-03 at 12:38 PM.
Old 09-15-03, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Roto
Ugh, I didn't like the whole Baryshnikov scene at the end, it seemed pointless. I think it's just because I can't buy that someone would see Carrie and Charlotte together and go for Carrie.
I imagine the motivation for that character would be that he was attracted to Carrie's sense of humor and playfulness, something there isn't a whole lot of in the "serious art world".
Old 09-15-03, 02:13 PM
BDB
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by hgar78

charlotte did a nice job. and when she was depressed on the couch, i think she looked her best yet!
Yes she did, no make and she was perfect.
Old 09-15-03, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oh I knew the doc was going to get the shaft! I don't know about Miranda, Blair Underwood looks pretty damn good compared to good ole Steve but I guess you can't help who you fall in love with.

Samantha's storyline was a real hoot though. I actually think that was one of the better storylines she's had in a long time.

Now we have to wait until January - I just got off the phone with Time Warner and cancelled my HBO until then. Any speculation on how they'll end it?
Old 09-15-03, 02:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

January? I thought they were going to start them late Fall early Winter... (November ish....) Is January confirmed?
Old 09-15-03, 03:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I think the Charlotte miscarriage plot was way too rushed. She announces her pregnancy, miscarries, suffers depression, and picks herself up, all in the range of about 20 minutes.

That Baryshnikov was one smooth dude. Not sure what the point of the mad dash down the street was.

Orange pubes! Samantha was hilarious in this episode.

Honk!
Old 09-15-03, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by Charlie Goose
Not sure what the point of the mad dash down the street was.
I'd guess so that we don't question so much why a hot youngish blonde is interested in someone 95 years old.
Old 09-15-03, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hero

The reason "Bob" went for Carrie is because Carrie was not loaded down with all that artsy-fartsy "you're the greatest" baggage that many women in the art circle would bring to the table. To him, Carrie was probably a breath of fresh air.

Last edited by Patman; 09-15-03 at 03:44 PM.
Old 09-15-03, 03:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by BassDude
January? I thought they were going to start them late Fall early Winter... (November ish....) Is January confirmed?
From HBO's Website:
06.01.2003 | Sex and the City returns in June!

The Emmy® Award-winning hit HBO comedy series SEX AND THE CITY has begun production on its sixth and final season. Season Six will be longer than ever before - a total of 20 episodes - with 12 to debut June 22 and the remaining eight to air in January 2004.
Old 09-15-03, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I liked this episode, had some funny moments, Samanthas "hair coloring" was hilarious... Whoever said the miscarriage with Charlotte was rushed, yea I agree. It would have been more dramatic to draw that out a little bit.

and finally, I am GLAD about Miranda and Steve.
Old 09-16-03, 05:20 PM

I really didn't see the point of Carrie and the old guy getting together. Their whole story lined seemed very forced between them.

Samantha and her troubles were very funny to watch.

As for Miranda and Steve I was not too surprised to see them getting back together. Steve has been in every episode it seems this whole season. Am I the only one who thinks Miranda's teeth look really bad in some shots??
Old 09-16-03, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally posted by costanza187
Whoever said the miscarriage with Charlotte was rushed, yea I agree. It would have been more dramatic to draw that out a little bit.
Yes, but this show is a COMEDY. I'm glad they didn't drag it out. Maybe after that we could have..."Next week, on a very special 'Sex And The City'"?

Last edited by Numanoid; 09-16-03 at 08:59 PM.
Old 09-16-03, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Wow, the Charlotte storyline was quick, because I joined the show 10 minutes in and she was already depressed on the couch.

Miranda and Steve do seem to be mismatched, but the show was very good.
Old 09-16-03, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Am I the only one that is annoy by Carrie's character every week or may be I am just sick of Sarah Jessica Parker?
Old 09-17-03, 09:04 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally posted by zuffy
Am I the only one that is annoy by Carrie's character every week or may be I am just sick of Sarah Jessica Parker?
You are probably sick of her.. after all she is