Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > Entertainment Discussions > TV Talk
Reload this Page >

Ever Wonder Why There are So Many BABYLON 5 Threads? (LIVE NUDE GIRLS!!!)

Community
Search
TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-03, 08:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you still haven't figured out that Babylon 5 is one of the best shows ever ... You're wondering why is there ALWAYS a B5 thread near the top of the forum? Can it really be this good? Is das joking when he says that the 3rd season of Babylon 5 is quite possibly the finest complete season in the history of American television?

Is it possible that I've been missing out on one of television's true greats for all these years?

Well, you have yet another chance to find out. If you know me, you know that I hate the Sci-Fi (sic) Channel with a passion that cannot be compared to anything else. I am a bitter, cranky Monkey that hangs on to grudges with his dying breath ... and yet I'm willing to put aside that hatred and recommend that all you curious viewers (who are too tentative to buy the DVDs) tune in and find out what you've been missing.

I don't know how many times I read people saying how upset they are that they missed out on some great series, how they came in late and wanted to catch up but didn't want to miss anything. "I wish I had known about this earlier ..." Well, now you know.

No excuses ... watch this freakin' show.

It starts again Monday, September 15th at 9am on the Sci-Fi (sic) Channel.

Don't take my word for it ... ask someone else who has seen it in its entirety and see if you don't get a similar recommendation.

That is all ...

das

P.S. Punch and pie
Old 09-13-03, 08:48 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Ever Wonder Why There are So Many BABYLON 5 Threads? (LIVE NUDE GIRLS!!!)

Originally posted by das Monkey

P.S. Punch and pie

I'll check it out. (are they gonna run this in its entirety and is it gonna be widescreen or full screen?
Old 09-13-03, 08:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Re: Re: Ever Wonder Why There are So Many BABYLON 5 Threads? (LIVE NUDE GIRLS!!!)

• Quoth Rypro 525 •<HR SIZE=1>
I'll check it out. (are they gonna run this in its entirety and is it gonna be widescreen or full screen?
<HR SIZE=1>

Should be widescreen. As for completing the run, there's really no way to know. However, if you watch it, there will come a turning point (probably in the 2nd season) where you realize you cannot wait for the next episode to air, and you'll end up buying the DVDs with money you were saving to buy a new kidney. As long as they get that far, you should be in good shape (ya know, except for kidney part).

das
Old 09-13-03, 09:01 PM
Enormous Genitals

Location: a small cottage on a cul de sac in the lower pits of hell.
Received 583 Likes on 335 Posts
Is it a good show? Should I watch? I'll only watch if there's a large-breasted alien with her "assets" prominently displayed every episode.

And a kick-ass guitar-driven Michael Bolton-like theme song.

Otherwise, I'm not wasting my time.
Old 09-13-03, 09:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see no nude girls...damn_misleading thread titles. Ooooo punch and pie, maybe I'll hang out a bit anyway
Old 09-13-03, 09:12 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
BANNED

where da wimmin at man??

edit ta add: screw you guys. i'm goin' home..
Old 09-13-03, 09:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Hmm ... FREE HAT!!!

das
Old 09-13-03, 09:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 480 Likes on 352 Posts
das ain't lyin' when he says that the 3rd season of Babylon 5 may very well be the greatest single season in American TV history. Personally, I'd say it is without question, but then again, season 4 was pretty close.

I find it hard to believe (based on the quality of the show) that there are people who haven't seen this show, but then again, I know that a majority of TV viewers HAVEN'T seen B5 yet. If you are one of those people take the time to sit down and watch Babylon 5 from beginning to end - season 1 to season 5. I guarantee that by the end of season 2 you will be hooked, and by the end of season 3 you will be barely able to contain yourself between episodes. The characters are that well developed, and the stories are that damn good.

So sit back, get something to drink, and get ready for the ride of your TV watching life. (FYI, the 1st season is arguably the weakest, so keep that in mind - it's not bad by any stretch, acutally, it's pretty darned good, but compared to the rest of the series it is noticeably weaker.)
Old 09-13-03, 09:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

What nude girls?

Nice bargain?

Old 09-13-03, 10:41 PM
Admin Emeritus

What kind of pie?
Old 09-13-03, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Static Cling •<HR SIZE=1>What kind of pie? <HR SIZE=1>

While not typically served in pie form, we'll have Spoo and Flarn and Bagna Cauda style pies. Also, we'll likely have some Brevari and Jala punches, and maybe even a Jovian Sunspot if everyone's good.

das
Old 09-13-03, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Hero

das you suck. not like i dont have enough tv to watch. sadly though, my tivo aint up and running just yet so i wont be able to catch these . there are of course other ways of getting these. Should i start at the beginning? I remember catching and episode or two when it originally ran but that was forever ago. again, you suck das.
Old 09-13-03, 11:37 PM

I really want to start into this show, and I'm sure it will be good. I'm just waiting until the entire series is released on DVD because I don't want to have to wait months for an episode.
Old 09-13-03, 11:43 PM
DVD Talk Hero

I smell an Official das Monkey Sucks Thread.

Yes, you should start at the beginning. How long before the TiVo is online? The first two days will be The Gathering which is on an isolated DVD, and then the first season begins, also on DVD. As noted, though, there are other ways to acquire the episodes. I'd easily recommend blind buying the first 3 seasons tomorrow, but I recognize that people are tentative to do that. Anyway, you don't need to watch them on Sci-Fi (sic), but you do need to watch them in order.

das
Old 09-13-03, 11:49 PM
Admin Emeritus

I've got a great idea. You send me your DVDs, and I'll watch them!
Old 09-13-03, 11:54 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth scrubneck •<HR SIZE=1>I really want to start into this show, and I'm sure it will be good. I'm just waiting until the entire series is released on DVD because I don't want to have to wait months for an episode. <HR SIZE=1>

There is wisdom in that. Waiting between the 3rd season finale and the 4th season premiere is a unique level of pain Bandoman can tell you all about. You could probably get away with starting the journey after the 4th season is released. It will take you a while to get through them (of course, it's likely that you'll be watching them in 8-10 hour blocks once it gets going), and the gap between the 4th season finale and the 5th season premiere isn't nearly as great as in other seasons.

das
Old 09-13-03, 11:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Location: WAS looking for My Own Private Stuckeyville, but stuck in Liberty City (while missing Vice City)
[dana carvey as George Bush, Sr.]

Not gon'na do it..

[/dana carvey as George Bush, Sr.]

while it's not your opinion i'm doubting [i've loved JMS on Rising Stars, Amazing Spider-Man, & now, Supreme Power], I just can't. watch. that. "channel".

I can't do it.

just as the show While You Were Out is now dead to me [since they've replaced the cute host Teresa Strasser], so, too, is this "channel".

whatever second thoughts I might've had were erased and my resolve strengthened a couple nights ago as I saw John Goodman talking with Rick Moranis while they were driving through Bedrock in that science fiction classic -- "the Flintstones"..
Old 09-13-03, 11:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Static Cling •<HR SIZE=1>I've got a great idea. You send me your DVDs, and I'll watch them! <HR SIZE=1>

How about you buy them, and if you don't fall in love with them as I have foretold, I'll buy them from you.

There are only two shows that I would blindly recommend to anyone, forcing my close friends to watch, not wanting them to leave this life without experiencing such greatness ... the other is SportsNight. Go buy the DVDs ...

das
Old 09-14-03, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I never "got" sportsnight. i saw that show a long time ago too, maybe I've matured more since then so i'd get it now, but who knows.

other ways of getting this show aren't panning out as easy as i thought. i guess i'll have to work harder to get tivo bakc up and running. i was taking it easy since it'll be a while before the fall season gets up and running
Old 09-14-03, 12:10 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Sir Rogue, [Londo]my dear, good friend[/Londo],

You do have other alternatives. I too will never again profane my television with that channel, but if Babylon 5 teaches us anything, it's that there are some things greater than ourselves, worthy of fighting for in spite our personal grievances. This is such a show. While I'll never watch, the fact that I am willing to actually support someone else watching that channel should indicate just how valuable I think this show is.

das
Old 09-14-03, 12:11 AM
DVD Talk Hero

wait, are they still making babylon 5 movies?
Old 09-14-03, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Venusian •<HR SIZE=1>I never "got" sportsnight. i saw that show a long time ago too, maybe I've matured more since then so i'd get it now, but who knows.<HR SIZE=1>

You're loving The West Wing, right? You should try again.

das
Old 09-14-03, 12:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

• Quoth Venusian •<HR SIZE=1>wait, are they still making babylon 5 movies? <HR SIZE=1>

Not to my knowledge. Where'd you hear that?

das
Old 09-14-03, 12:14 AM
DVD Talk Hero

my friend mentioned that he thought scifi was still making them every so often. he's gonna try to cap them for me on his tv tuner card so i won't miss the first few episodes.

west wing is good.

sex and the city is still suck.

we'll see how babylon 5 pans out.

I'm into politics so I liked west wing. I'm into scifi so hopefully i'll like babylon five
Old 09-14-03, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Hero

scifi says there is a spinoff series. that good too?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.