DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Who's running SpikeTV? (they ruined Joe Schmo surprise for 9-16) SPOLIERS (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/317589-whos-running-spiketv-they-ruined-joe-schmo-surprise-9-16-spoliers.html)

JJE-187 09-13-03 01:38 PM

Who's running SpikeTV? (they ruined Joe Schmo surprise for 9-16) SPOLIERS

I was flipping threw the channels last night & came to SpikeTV just as they was running a promo for next week's Joe Schmo Show, the first thing they show is
Spoiler:
"Earl"
being evicted (or eliminated), then they show "The Hutch" saying "After
Spoiler:
"Earl's"
eviction I didn't think Matt was going to continue.

Why in the HELL did those idiots spoil the suprise of next weeks show? You would never see CBS showing who the next Survivor eliminated is.

Red Dog 09-13-03 01:55 PM

I want to know what is the deal with having only 3 episodes of Stripperella in the can before they started airing it. They've run the same 3 episodes 3 times each so far.

GuessWho 09-13-03 02:49 PM

Joe Schmo is scripted (except for Joe), so it's not supposed to be as much of a surprise as the typical reality programming

JJE-187 09-13-03 04:30 PM

Originally posted by GuessWho
Joe Schmo is scripted (except for Joe), so it's not supposed to be as much of a surprise as the typical reality programming
I know the shows not "real" but the whole "cliffhanger" of the preview after the last show was "Who gets eliminated & why did it affect Matt so much" Now the suprise is ruined for me. It just seem like an idiotic thing to do. It would be like the WWE doing a commercial for RAW and telling who the winner of the main event is (it's usually HHH, but that's besides the point)

devilshalo 09-13-03 09:23 PM

Originally posted by Red Dog
I want to know what is the deal with having only 3 episodes of Stripperella in the can before they started airing it. They've run the same 3 episodes 3 times each so far.
Thank god I haven't missed anything. I like Stripperella, but when it bounced around times and nights, it lost me.

DRG 09-14-03 11:45 AM

Originally posted by JJE-187
I know the shows not "real" but the whole "cliffhanger" of the preview after the last show was "Who gets eliminated & why did it affect Matt so much"
I actually was under the assumption that something else happens in relation to the elimination that affected him.
Spoiler:
I know he's buddies with Earl,
but I can't see him being THAT broken up over him getting eliminated. Especially knowing he's on a reality show and things like this are going to happen. My pure speculation is that the show is gonna do something way too over the top this week, like
Spoiler:
have Earl feign a heart attack after his elimination

Mongo 09-14-03 01:40 PM

When I saw that preview I was wondering if I'd missed a show. It does seem an awfully strange thing to give away away in a preview.

Jobronie 09-14-03 03:35 PM

Maybe that's their way of allowing the viewer to be even more 'in' on the joke.....?

Or maybe the whole thing is a red herring.....?

Wizdar 09-15-03 05:19 AM

Who’s running Spike TV?

Does it matter?

Let’s see:

Spike TV
The First (sic) Network for Men
The National Network
The Nashville Network

The Chivy is still up on blocks in the lobby. You kin take the hick outta the country…