DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Nip/Tuck 9/9 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/316852-nip-tuck-9-9-a.html)

Red Dog 09-10-03 08:10 AM

Nip/Tuck 9/9

Another great episode. The intervention was hysterical.

Now how hard is it to get a model girlfriend who will do anything to please you? ;)

Patman 09-10-03 08:25 AM

This show is deliciously addictive.

Boot 09-10-03 09:43 AM

Wonderful episode. Next week's looks good also.

Josh Z 09-10-03 11:50 AM

Julia's "You know what I was thinking just now?" line to Christian had me on the floor!

kantonburg 09-10-03 12:06 PM

This was the first time we watched it. I'm hooked. Although Julia is a bit ugly compared to the other girls. Especially compared to Christian's girlfriend.

Tom Banjo 09-10-03 03:20 PM

I was a bit disappointed because I felt the preview for this episode was a bit misleading. I kept expecting Julia to end up at the sex party, but it turned out to be that other woman. The preview made it look like it was Julia.
Other than that, it was a great episode. But I wonder how much longer it'll be before Matt's little sister will just be written out. We haven't even seen her in several weeks.

Patman 09-10-03 03:24 PM

Well, when Matt's little sister starts having 3-ways, that's when you know the show's jumped the shark...

kantonburg 09-10-03 06:15 PM

I need to catch up on this show. How many episodes have I missed?

Tom Banjo 09-10-03 08:42 PM

Last night's was the 7th episode.

Patman 09-10-03 10:27 PM

And I think next week is the last episode of its initial run.

cliffzig 09-11-03 08:06 AM

Nip/Tuck has become a 'guilty pleasure' of mine.
I like it!

pdutta2000 09-11-03 08:21 AM

I'm glad Michael Jackson...er...I mean Matt...got his 3-way on...but why the hell didn't he lock the door?? One simple step and he could've had that little party all year long.

Red Dog 09-11-03 08:29 AM

Originally posted by pdutta2000
I'm glad Michael Jackson...er...I mean Matt...got his 3-way on...but why the hell didn't he lock the door?? One simple step and he could've had that little party all year long.

Christian gives him a lot of advice....maybe he figured that Matt would know the basics.

Josh Z 09-11-03 09:39 AM

Originally posted by Tom Banjo
I was a bit disappointed because I felt the preview for this episode was a bit misleading. I kept expecting Julia to end up at the sex party, but it turned out to be that other woman. The preview made it look like it was Julia.
That's a simple use of misdirection. You're supposed to think that Julia goes until Christian actually turns the woman around. It was the whole point of the scene.

Originally posted by pdutta2000
Maybe his door doesn't have a lock? After he attempted to circumsize himself in there, his parents probably thought it would be a good idea to have the door unlocked permanently.

immortal_zeus 09-13-03 06:02 AM

Damn, I missed this episode the THREE times that it aired! :(:mad:

I caught bits and pieces of the last half hour on the third airing, though.

Crap.

So I take it that Matt and the girls got caught...hence the intervention?

How come Julia had the picture of Jude in her textbook? Did he give that to her?

And what about Christian's girlfriend? I thought he dumped her or something in the previous episode. Or maybe he didn't. I have a bad memory.

Anybody care to answer my questions and give a recap of the episode? I know it's asking a lot but some of you buttmonkeys have nothing better to do so I figured I'd ask. :D

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

Josh Z 09-13-03 09:29 AM

Originally posted by immortal_zeus
Anybody care to answer my questions and give a recap of the episode? I know it's asking a lot but some of you buttmonkeys have nothing better to do so I figured I'd ask. :D
Spoiler:
Julia walked in on Matt having a three-way. She freaked out and called the parents of the two girls to sit them all down and have an intervention. This was a spectacularly bad idea and did not go well for anyone. Ridley told Vanessa, "I'm not like you. I'm not a lezzy. I love Matt now." Vanessa's mother said, "What's a lezzy?" and Ridley's mother said, "Your daughter likes vagina, honey." Vanessa broke down in tears, moaning "But I love you!" to Ridley.

Christian found out through a client about an exclusive swinger's party and convinced his girlfriend to attend (he broke up with her but went back to her at the end of the last episode). It turns out that Jude (Julia's study buddy) was also into the swinger lifestyle. He had some risque photos of himself taken in order to meet their entrance requirements. Julia found them and acted appalled when he explained about it, but then she stole one of the photos when he wasn't looking.

Later Sean found the photo in one of Julia's books but didn't confront her. Instead he met up with the masectomy woman he kissed in the previous episode and started an affair with her.

Christian went to the swinger's party and saw Jude there with a woman he thought was Julia. When he ran up to them it turned out not to be Julia, just one of the firm's clients that sort of looked like her.

The next day Christian fired Jude on the pretense that dating the clientelle was a no-no (though he is dating a patient himself). Julia got pissed and had an argument with him. Christian asked her why she would want a poor man's version of him when she could have the real thing, and said to her, "Don't tell me when you kiss your husband you're not thinking of me". Then he backed her into a wall and kissed her. She seemed to be getting into it, then when it was over she said, "You know what I was thinking about just now?... I was thinking of Jude" and walked away.

immortal_zeus 09-13-03 06:53 PM

Thanks Josh! :)

http://www.ameritech.net/users/dvdtalk/rome.gif

creekdipper 09-14-03 04:43 PM

Well...the last episode was the last for the wife & me. Seems that the "writers" have abandoned all the drama for an hour of pseudo-t & a each week (teasing ads which never live up to the promise). The plastic surgery setup has been almost totally jettisoned to showcase the characters' sexual neuroses...is there a reasonably normal, well-adjusted, halfway satisfied character anywhere in the show? It should be renamed Zip/Suck. Major disappointment in our books...if we want to see adults who never grew up, we'll watch Peter Pan (another alternate title for the show in question). However, to each his/her own...we're waiting on the next season of THE SHIELD. (BTW, Hilary "Lizzie McGuire" was recently quoted as saying "Nip" is one of her two favorite series...so much for the innocent little 15-year-old...hope the producers don't get wind of her quote, or they'll try to sign her up for a guest appearance helping Matt snip his foreskin).

Tom Banjo 09-14-03 04:52 PM

creekdipper- I can definately understand your rationale on that.