DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   TV Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk-14/)
-   -   Canadian Sci-Fi Fans: New Shows on Space Network (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/tv-talk/316434-canadian-sci-fi-fans-new-shows-space-network.html)

movieking 09-08-03 12:30 PM

Canadian Sci-Fi Fans: New Shows on Space Network

The best news for me is that they are starting to air Angel Season One from the beginning (starting on Wednesday), and they are airing all of the Firefly episodes.

Here are some of the highlights (some might be out of date):

Battlestar Galactica: The Mini-Series
Not exactly the Fall and fans can hardly wait. The beloved 1980s TV series returns in this four-hour miniseries. Filmed in Vancouver, this intriguing twist on a classic includes a female Starbuck played by Katee Sackoff.
Coming in January

V: The Series
September 7 at 7pm ET
After the V Labour Day Marathon SPACE offers you a bit of the hair of the dog. Watch it Sundays on SPACE.

Stargate SG-1
September 7 at 9pm ET
Based on the Blockbuster sci-fi film of the same name, a secret military team, SG-1, is formed to explore recently discovered Stargates.The two-hour pilot airs Sunday, September 7 with the series moving to its weekday slot of 8pm ET starting Monday, September 8.

Firefly
September 8 at 9pm ET
The short-lived sci-fi series from Buffy and Angel creator Joss Whedon takes place 500 years in the future, aboard a small spaceship.
Watch it Mondays on SPACE.

Dark Angel
September 9 at 9pm ET
From prolific film director James Cameron comes a television series about a genetically enhanced 18 year-old girl named Max.
Watch it Tuesdays on SPACE.

The Others
September 12 at 9pm ET
The creators of the X-Files give you this short-lived spooky sci-fi series about a group of individuals with the ability to vicariously experience the feelings, thoughts and experiences of others.
Watch it Fridays on SPACE..

The Chronicle
September 13 at 8pm ET
A young reporter signs on with a tabloid where he learns that all the tabloid tales about aliens, big foot and reincarnation are true!
Watch it Saturdays on SPACE

Captain Star
September 13 at 9am ET
Captain Star, and his crew, Navigator Black, Atomic Engine Stoker "Limbs" Jones, and his first officer Scarlette are on an uncharted planet at the ragged edge of the universe. Stars the voice of Richard E. Grant.
Watch It Saturdays on SPACE

Angel
Following Buffy, SPACE has Angel stripped! Watch seasons 1 through 4 Monday to Friday. Buffy followed by Angel begins September 8th starting at 10pm ET / 7pm PT

First Run Shows

Alienated
Angel
Dead Zone
Electric Playground
Enterprise
Odyssey 5
Reviews On The Run
Robot Wars
Starhunter

Space Originals

E Space
Hypaspace
Making Ofs
Reel Space
Shelf Space
Spacenews
Spaceys
Space Flow

Mini Series

Aerospace
Battlestar Galactica
Children Of Dune
Dune
Gormenghast
Jason And The Argonauts
Journey To The Centre Of The Earth
Robocop Prime Directives
Scanning The Movies
Ufo Under Investigation
Walking After Midnight

Re-Run Shows

Adventure Inc
Beastmaster
Beyond Reality
Brimstone
Buffy
Captain Star
Chronicle
Dark Angel
Earth Final Conflict
Farscape
Firefly
First Wave
Forever Knight
Green Hornet
Highlander The Raven
Immortal
Invisible Man
Lexx
Lost World
My Secret Identity
Odyssey
Originals In Space
Others
Outer Limits
Outer Limits Cdn
Psi Factor
Relic Hunter
Stargate SG-1
Star Trek DS9
Star Trek TNG
Star Trek TOS
Star Trek Voyager
Tales From The Crypt
Tekwar
Tracker
Tremors
V
Visitor
X-Files
Xena

movieking 09-08-03 12:55 PM

I should mention that Firefly (which starts tonight) is actually starting off the series with the two part "Serenity", showing the two parts back to back tonight. This is what was supposed to be the premiere episodes that Fox aired out of sequence. Thankfully, the space channel seems to be airing all of the episodes in the order that they were supposed to be aired.

Chew 09-08-03 01:19 PM

Man, I wish the US had a Sci-Fi channel. :(

Mourn 09-08-03 05:16 PM

Hey, thanks. I would've missed firefly if i hadn't seen this post.

movieking 09-10-03 12:21 PM

Firefly rocks! It was great to see the premiere's as they were supposed to be seen.

Anyway, this is a bump to remind people that Angel starts in syndication on the Space network in Canada tonight.