TV Talk Talk about Shows on TV

7th Heaven Season 8 [spoilers]

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-03, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

9-15 The Long, Bad Summer (1)
Spoiler:
Part of this episode takes place in a beach house (which leads me to believe that the Camdens are on some type of summer vacation) Simon kills someone named Paul in an auto accident. Simon has broken up with Cecilia. Paul was riding on a motorcycle wearing no helmet. Paul was under the influence of drugs during the accident. Simon was not paying attention. Paul's parents come to talk to Eric at home. Paul's parents Anne and Don would like Simon to move elsewhere for the year because they are afraid that their son Justin may do something to Simon. Anne and Don also accepted the insurance companies settlement and do not wish to have a trial. Also, Lucy and Kevin consider having a baby. The name of Mary's husband is revealed that he is a homeless man.
And at the end of the episode...Eric seeks help from Don and Anne to help find a missing Simon...to be continued.

9-22 The Long, Bad Summer (2)
Spoiler:
Turmoil in the Camden family continues in this two-parter. Mary makes a surprise visit home to deliver unexpected news to Eric and Annie. Meanwhile, Simon tells Cecilia that he needs space; Lucy and Kevin adjust to married life; Chandler breaks up with Roxanne after learning that she isn't comfortable with the idea of being a preacher's wife, and the Camdens finally learn who's pregnant.
9-29 PK (a.k.a. Preacher's Kid)
Spoiler:
Annie is out of town. Eric and Simon negoitate with the school board in a way for him to graduate earlier or as soon as possible due to the disturbance at the high school with Simon and the kids now hating him and looking down on him. Plus, it's even more complicated with Justin in his classes. Roxanne didn't want Chander and her relationship to be over, Lucy tries to get them back together. Chandler goes out on a lot of dates with a woman named Kelly. Ruthie is having difficulty in school as kids keep picking on her about her brother and Peter tries to be there for her. Detective Michaels gets Kevin to babysit his grandaughter. Det. Michaels keeps a watch-full eye out for Justin as he suspects he is going to be doing something bad soon that might hurt Simon or the family.

Last edited by bigjim25; 09-17-03 at 10:25 PM.
Old 08-25-03, 08:54 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Damn...that came out of nowhere. Definately seems like a departure of sorts for the show.
Old 09-15-03, 11:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone breakdown this whole family for me? I used to watch the show when it first started (probably only the first season or two), but I don't know who any of these newer characters are.
Old 09-15-03, 11:59 PM

I think we're nearing the point where most of the regular characters aren't even in the family.

We've got:
Camdens:
Eric -- The dad.
Annie -- The mom.
Matt -- Oldest son, studying to be a doctor, has moved to New York.
Mary -- Oldest daughter, works as a stewardess in (I think) Florida.
Lucy -- 2nd daughter. Lives at home (I think in the garage apartment Annie buildt.)
Simon -- 2nd son. Currently, the least irritating character on the show.
Ruthie -- 3rd daughter. Lives at home.
Sam & David -- Twin sons, who were born a couple of seasons in. They're creepy. Really, really creepy.

Non-Camdens:
Kevin -- Lucy's husband, lives with Lucy at the Camden home. He's a cop.
Chandler -- Reverend who's assisting Eric at the church.
Roxanne -- Kevin's partner, currently dating Chandler.
Peter -- Neighbor-kid, currently going out with Ruthie.
Cecilia -- Annoying blonde, played by Jessica Simpson's kid sister. Simon's girlfriend.

People who aren't in the regular cast, but appear/get mentioned on occasion:

Robbie -- Mary's ex-boyfriend, lived with the Camdens for a while.
Ben -- Kevin's brother, Mary's ex-boyfriend.
Old 09-16-03, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The premiere was OK... didn't seem as good as most of the episodes last year.... Peter really bothers me too... anyhow, it was decent enough, but I think they were really trying to go for an emotional finale...which just felt cliched and silly (as opposed to Everwood...dealing with very similar themes...which was excellent).

I hope the next episodes are better than this opener... but I'll stick with the Camdens through the season even if they aren't.

MATT
Old 09-16-03, 10:20 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by Jlbkwrm

Sam & David -- Twin sons, who were born a couple of seasons in. They're creepy. Really, really creepy.

Man I gotta agree with this.

Those kids are freakin possessed.
Old 09-16-03, 03:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I recall the rumor at the end of last season that they were going to kill off Simon, because, supposedly, at that point in time he had not yet signed on for another season. When this season opened up and they were on the beach, I thought for sure it was some sort of dream sequence where somebody (the dad) was dreaming about Simon and wondering where he was, only to have to deal with the passing of his own son in this dream. That beginning, however, was reserved for Everwood.
Old 09-17-03, 01:28 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally posted by calhoun07
I recall the rumor at the end of last season that they were going to kill off Simon, because, supposedly, at that point in time he had not yet signed on for another season.
Simon (David Gallagher) is only going to be in the first five episodes...then he's gone for good... not sure where they'll take Simon...but I doubt that he'll die...

MATT
Old 09-17-03, 02:13 AM

When last season ended, AFAIK, David Gallagher wasn't contracted for any S8 episodes at all. He was supposed to have a lead role in the movie Coldwater (the reform camp movie), which was going to enter filming during the summer.

At some point over the summer, his name dropped from Coldwater, and he signed on for a short run on this show.

I still think that that's why they ended the season the way they did--If they couldn't get him to sign on at all, they'd kill him. The way things worked out, he could do a few episodes of the show in the general time frame he'd set aside to film the movie.

Those kids are freakin possessed.
One ghost, two bodies. It does explain why they're always together, and why they always speak as one unit. Maybe we'll get a Very Special Exorcism Episode in the future.
Old 09-17-03, 08:34 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
I'm going to miss the Simon character...not because I really like the character, I happen to think he's the character who suffered the most from growing up and in the evolution of his character, and not because we may lose Cecilia in the process (she's hot), but because we're running really low on actual Camden's.

And those kids are freakin' weird.
Old 09-18-03, 10:26 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts
Ugh. I'm dropping this show. They've lost their roots, I think. What used to be a heartwarming show about a man of faith, his family and his community has turned into a show about a man who's unsure about his faith, a family who is screwed up beyond measure and a community that they want no part of.

I don't understand why they didn't continue with the storyline of making Lucy a minister. SHE should have married Chandler and started working in her father's church. The whole Chandler/Roxanne storyline is ridiculous--and I don't understand why they've brough on characters like Roxanne, Kevin and Cecelia, who just don't act very well compared to the rest of the cast. Meanwhile, the good actors keep leaving.

This show hasn't gone through a standard evolution into deeper, more meaningful storylines...instead, it has become trivial and wares on me...my 2 cents.
Old 09-18-03, 10:40 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

The roots of the show are gone, it has turned into a soap opera.

I still like the show, but I like it bette when the stories were more heartwarming and had a message (drugs, friendship, family, guns...).
Old 09-18-03, 11:50 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

god, i love this show.
Old 09-22-03, 06:13 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Reminder that 7th Heaven season openner Part 2 and Everwood are tonight!
Old 09-22-03, 06:54 PM

Originally posted by Iron_Giant
The roots of the show are gone, it has turned into a soap opera.

I still like the show, but I like it bette when the stories were more heartwarming and had a message (drugs, friendship, family, guns...).
The roots of the show were gone at the end of the fourth season when it went from a great family drama to a mediocre teen soap.
Old 09-23-03, 02:55 PM

I used to like the show much much more, but now every episode uses the same technique of dragging on and on about "what it is" someone is going to say. Like last night about the Mary being married... C'mon hurry up already and just tell them. Same with the Mary telling Carlos about the baby. It drags on and on. It makes me want to throw something at the tv to get these kids to spit it out.

Also, the Camden's black child, I think her name is... Ruthie, is going to be in High School next year??? No way. And those robot twins speak and communicate about subjects way beyond their age. It is still a guaranteed show on the ReplayTV for Mondays.